Mitakon Creator 35mm f2. Waste of money?

Devon

I had this lens and was quite happy with the performance,actually rather surprised it was sharp at f2. I used it with a mitakon lens turbo focal reducer on the a6000.I returned it not because of performance issues but because I wanted a different focal length at the time. Also the build quality and focus ring were quite good for the price.These are some random test photos I remember getting with the lens at f2 or 1.4 considering the focal reducer.

_DSC8232.jpg

_DSC8229.jpg

I would also like to add if there was a negative about the lens I would say it would be character. I often felt even though the image was quite sharp it lacked that pop of my vintage nikon lenses.Then again that could be a good thing if you want a more neutral image in the first place.I would definitely get the lens again.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

@EyeSoul thanks for getting us back on track. When you say it lacked the "pop" of your nikon, are you referring to the color and contrast rendition? Or are you referring to the character of the barrel distortion? 

Wow that focal reducer looks great! I would never guess you shot those on a crop!

That's a cute pair of kids btw :)