Movie "Hillary's America"

FilmMan

Geoff CB,  the word "threatened "was referring to the calls of boycotting your theatre - in the context of threatening to boycott (would boycott).  My choice of word was a little off. 

I'm not a political guy, however, I like to look at all angles - sort of like film making - looking at all perspectives. 

I've recently watched some Stephen Cohen video's.  Stephen Cohen is an interesting dude.  Today I found an interesting article written by GARY LEUPP,  Professor of History at Tufts University.  The article discusses Hillary's record.  It was published on February 11, 2015.   I'd bet a few eyes would be opened if they read this article.   In case you care here's the link:  http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/02/11/the-warmongering-record-of-hillary-clinton/

I lost faith in media when news outlets were bashing Trump for eating KFC with a fork.  There are people suffering in the world and eating KFC with a fork gains headline news.  The media reminds me of a Will Ferrell comedy or the news casts from the original Robocop.  Too funny.  Cheers. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, FilmMan said:

Geoff CB,  the word "threatened "was referring to the calls of boycotting your theatre - in the context of threatening to boycott (would boycott).  My choice of word was a little off. 

I'm not a political guy, however, I like to look at all angles - sort of like film making - looking at all perspectives. 

I've recently watched some Stephen Cohen video's.  Stephen Cohen is an interesting dude.  Today I found an interesting article written by GARY LEUPP,  Professor of History at Tufts University.  The article discusses Hillary's record.  It was published on February 11, 2015.   I'd bet a few eyes would be opened if they read this article.   In case you care here's the link:  http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/02/11/the-warmongering-record-of-hillary-clinton/

I lost faith in media when news outlets were bashing Trump for eating KFC with a fork.  There are people suffering in the world and eating KFC with a fork gains headline news.  The media reminds me of a Will Ferrell comedy or the news casts from the original Robocop.  Too funny.  Cheers. 

Wasn't harping on your language, I was actually physically threatened by some people over this.

Wow.  When people physically threaten you or anyone over a movie, it is really sad and scary.   Glad no harm came your way, however it is sickening to hear that you were threatened.   For fun, I did a google on conspiracy theories regarding the Clinton's.  If the Clinton associated deaths are real, then it reminds me of the movie called Three days of the Condor.   Cheers.  

On 8/15/2016 at 7:21 PM, Geoff CB said:

Wasn't harping on your language, I was actually physically threatened by some people over this.

Hey Geoff CB,

This is a video from months ago.  This comedy club and comedians were threatened by Hillary people for making jokes about her.  Crazy times.  Cheers. 

1 hour ago, FilmMan said:

This is a video from months ago.  This comedy club and comedians were threatened by Hillary people for making jokes about her.  Crazy times.

Russian media and the word "censorship."  Huh.  Interesting, that...  

Man, it's all so weird. Used to be most voters in the States would view anything Russian with heavy skepticism.  Now, if info serves to support one's ideological purpose, no problem.  The source is almost irrelevant.  Augh, political years in the USA.  Oh well.  I'm burnt out on it.

2 hours ago, FilmMan said:

Hey Geoff CB,

This is a video from months ago.  This comedy club and comedians were threatened by Hillary people for making jokes about her.  Crazy times.  Cheers. 

Really you want to talk censorship? Trump has directly threatened reporters and the media that if he's elected that they would come to regret it. 

I'm voting Hillary/3rd party because of Trump's incompetent foreign policy and his stance on Gay marriage rights. I want a liberal justice added to the supreme court.

They are both horrible people that I don't want in, but I have to chose based on who I think will benefit the country most in office.

2 hours ago, Geoff CB said:

Really you want to talk censorship? Trump has directly threatened reporters and the media that if he's elected that they would come to regret it. 

I'm voting Hillary/3rd party because of Trump's incompetent foreign policy and his stance on Gay marriage rights. I want a liberal justice added to the supreme court.

They are both horrible people that I don't want in, but I have to chose based on who I think will benefit the country most in office.

Geoff CB, 

You mention that your theatre was challenged for showing the Hillary Film.  I posted this youtube video showing a similar incident that happened to what you endured.  I was supporting you.  Nothing more, nothing less.  So in other words, what you experienced with your theatre also occurred to this comedy club.  

Your political views and who you will vote for is your personal choice.  I do not live in the States by the way.  Cheers.

for all of you who do not live in the USA...the right wing in this country is going too much to the right...they have their own "news" channel fox news, which is not a news channel is a right wing propaganda who spread lies,hate, and fear 24/7, radio programs like Rush Limbaugh, same s...and many many more.., a lot of .Americans and is sad to say DO NOT CARE ABOUT FACTS, they have been brainwashed by this propaganda media... if you do not agree with this right wing nuts then you are a lib, a communist who do not say the truth and is trying to remove the white people from power....

Donald trump 80% of what he said is a LIE,  if you don't believe me check his speeches and confront that whit REAL FACTS....trump is a con man a POPULIST, he is not trying to win the presidency he is building the foundation for TRUMPTV a new right wing propaganda channel...he saw and easy way to take money from brainwashed Americans...he did that already with trump university, trump vodka, trump steaks and when he build properties do not pay to his contractors/vendors, take a big chunk of money for himself and declare a bankrupt....a con man 100%.

I don't like politics and Hillary is not the best but between her and Trump I have no doubts...Hillary 100%.

Our country and the whole world will be at risk with a crazy guy like trump, he is not qualified to be President!!!

For those who care.  This is live currently.  

The above stream..... Is it better for people to keep and open mind and watch a rally and decide for themselves how to interpret his message?  Cheers.

Before he speaks there were some other speakers.  Need to scroll back if watching live.  

all the trump speeches are the same FULL OF HATE AND LIES LIES AND MORE LIES....

President Obama and Hillary are not the founders of Isis, read about this terrorist group....and the conclusion is ISIS is there because George Bush lying to the American people decided to remove Saddam Husein from power, and guess what? bush is A REPUBLICAN, THE SAME AS TRUMP. once again trump saying lies all over the place...

it is funny that trump talk too much about veterans when he is a draft dodger...that means he was called to serve in Vietnam, but his father paid a doctor to get a medical diagnostic saying trump has foot problems and other things and avoid the war, ....so how come his health is 100% (according to him) now  when he is 70 years old, and when he was 20 his health was very bad...sure.

can you believe someone talking about A TAX PLAN....WHEN HE DOES NOT WANT TO SHOW HIS TAX RETURN? JAJAJJAJAJ

TRUMP IS A DEMAGOGUE he promise he alone will fix all the problems....can you believe it?...but until today he has SHOWED NO PLANS OR HOW HE WILL ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING.

He is complaining American companies sent jobs abroad....why he didn't move jobs from his owns companies from china to EEUU as an example to other companies?

this guy destroyed trump

can you trust someone who attack a golden mother? trump did it, he is the worst candidate ever, check all the lies he said in this interview...it is funny and sad that so many people believe him

Wrong headline. It is not a movie. Fellini, John Casavettes and others were moviemakers. Their outlook on the world was different from

the presidential candidates´ one. Their approach never mentioned "the greatest nation" of people on earth. At least aliens from other planets

would NOT (in caps:) fall under the category of the "LESSER great nations on earth".

So, are Fellini and Rosselini less than Scorcese? Marty wouldn´t state so.

EOSHD is a beautiful blog for filmmakers. Thread closed? :)

tigerbengal,

Not looking for an argument.  I'll say an alternative point of view, however, I don't want to get into the politics.  By the way, my politics lean towards bikini parties on beaches - good eye workout and keeps the mind intact. 

all the trump speeches are the same FULL OF HATE AND LIES LIES AND MORE LIES...?????????

....he wants laws followed, what's best for people including LGBQ, etc? Rudy Giuliani, former respected mayor of New York, says he knows Trump well and he'll be a positive for the people.  16500 border patrol agents endorse Trump.    

President Obama and Hillary are not the founders of Isis, read about this terrorist group....and the conclusion is ISIS is there because George Bush lying to the American people decided to remove Saddam Husein from power, and guess what? bush is A REPUBLICAN, THE SAME AS TRUMP. once again trump saying lies all over the place.

Trump is not endorsed by the Bush's.   Here's a differing view as to your Isis statement......http://www.blackagendareport.com/obama_clinton_created_isis

it is funny that trump talk too much about veterans when he is a draft dodger...that means he was called to serve in Vietnam, but his father paid a doctor to get a medical diagnostic saying trump has foot problems and other things and avoid the war, ....so how come his health is 100% (according to him) now  when he is 70 years old, and when he was 20 his health was very bad...sure.

Yes Trump wants to support Veterans better than the support they receive - good idea?  Boxing great Ali was against the Vietnam war and avoided.  Maybe the war should have not been fought?   Interesting Bill Clinton didn't end up in the war either. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/us/politics/donald-trump-draft-record.html?_r=0

can you believe someone talking about A TAX PLAN....WHEN HE DOES NOT WANT TO SHOW HIS TAX RETURN? JAJAJJAJA

Doesn't have to show his returns.  Not required.

TRUMP IS A DEMAGOGUE he promise he alone will fix all the problems....can you believe it?...but until today he has SHOWED NO PLANS OR HOW HE WILL ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING

All politicians make promises.    Promises need to be followed through.  Will be interesting.

He is complaining American companies sent jobs abroad....why he didn't move jobs from his owns companies from china to EEUU as an example to other companies?
To be competitive that is the reality due to the current situation?  A lot of Americans out of work due to businesses having left the country in the past decade.  

can you trust someone who attack a golden mother? trump did it, he is the worst candidate ever, check all the lies he said in this interview...it is funny and sad that so many people believe him

It is very sad the son died.  Interesting and surprising article on the father.  http://www.rense.com/general96/khanshar.htm

I'm only presenting a differing point of view.  Nothing more and nothing less.  In film making one needs to see different points of views and keep an open mind - as what is being presented may or may not be factual.   I do see your points of views and I am not looking for an argument.  Just giving some alternative views.  Cheers.

" ....he wants laws followed, what's best for people including LGBQ, etc?"

What the hell does that even mean? Follow the law would mean follow the law. Trump has stated publicly that he would appoint a justice that would overturn their right to marry, would overturn Roe vs. Wade if he could. How the hell does that benefit women and LGBT people?

"He is complaining American companies sent jobs abroad....why he didn't move jobs from his owns companies from china to EEUU as an example to other companies?
To be competitive that is the reality due to the current situation?  A lot of Americans out of work due to businesses having left the country in the past decade. "

So when it came to getting ahead while being in charge of an american company he used foreign workers to cut cost. But because he will be president he will put the country first and force U.S. companies to keep jobs here. SURE. How is he going to do that?