My wife was almost scammed seling a camera for $1500 on ebay

Ed_David

On 8/13/2016 at 3:20 PM, dhessel said:

To my knowledge he has still not paid back one person, even though I believe Ed David wired him some money to help out. Not 100% sure about that so maybe ED can confirm. Also the range finder that he did eventually send to the other 2 turned out to be a prototype with a non standard thread on the back which may have caused some issues with them trying to sell it.

Ha I didn't wire him anything :)

I was just seeing how much ES thought he was smarter than everyone and the extent of lack of morality.  For a second I did think he was a confused lost soul who wanted friendship from me, but even then I doubted it.

He's just another young kid who's read too much Dostoyevsky and thinks he's smarter than everyone else. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Most scamers have poor speling. :)

3 hours ago, TwoScoops said:

How long do you guys give a winning bidder to pay on ebay before canceling/sending out a second chance offer? Having the problem now with an asshole who hasn't paid within a couple days of winning.

If a buyer doesn't pay within 2 days, a seller can open an unpaid item case in the Resolution Center. If the buyer still doesn't pay or reach some other agreement with the seller, eBay may record the unpaid item on the buyer's account.

ES also tried to persuade another forum member during a drone discussion to ship him a drone to Egypt...these cons or attempted cons have been going on for a while..

Below I'll paste that request made by ES to Jonsey Jones

"  On May 6, 2016 at 4:57 AM,  Ebrahim Saadawi said: 

Where are you located JOnsey? I've been seriously searching here for any DJI supplier new or used and there's none. Zero. I was going with the inspure plus x5r kit just for the sexiness of a raw gh4 footage. But ended up seeing it's a much much more sensible decision to start with DJI lowest end drone (Phantom 4 1080p I thinl? Why not do a pal a favpur and buy an extra one & ship it to me, as I havE no one abroad at the moment. I can transfer the fee through anu channel prior to the purchasr (we've been long enough here to trust one another) plus all the shipping and effort costs. This way we can start with a cheap phantom to really master flyinh and still do some projects with it and then have it as a fiture B aerial camera when we get an inspire, or what ever comes up then! I strongly advice going that way, the phantom 4k can produce amazingbresults  that most of youtube clients won't mind a bit, so getting that instinctive ability to drive the thing and the muscle memory on different situationd is absolutely essential before we go bigger, right? Btw a question, how do you actuall keep track of the drone and fly it? Does it give a live feed wirelesly? And if so, to what? and what range? Mters? Kilometers? And what happens when it goes out of that ramge, crasj? I more consirned about people safety as I'll be shooting incredibly high populated sma'' country (thonk like europe at rush hours in PAris UK, Etc, and and vertical crash WILL absolutelu hit someone 's skull. Of course I'll be training for months and months before taking it to a dense area, just the desert, but still accidents happen. how big and heavy is a phantom , would it cause a si,ple trauma if the worst ever happens. or concusion? Skull fracture and immediate death? If amy one has any experience of hitting people or hearing stories about people hit by these drones i'd love tp hear them, if it's seriously damaging i'll tota'ly resttict the usage to my roof 

Hope yoi can read through this spelling, writing from an old npkis phone with a aphysocal leyboard.

I'm in San Diego, CA. I'd probably buy from BH though. 

I too am thinking Phantom, but 3 or 4 I don't know. What's the big advantage of the 4? Is it worth double the price?

Yes. I will buy and ship for you. PM me and we can arrange the details. "

As is obvious...the con has been going on for a while...I posted this during the ES feeding frenzy, when I don't think anyone was really reading anyone else's posts.  I have to agree most strongly with Bioscope's post on that thread which was WTF with all this forgive and forget (I paraphrase here)...this guy needs to be in jail IMHO...he is a thief and whereas he may have been handled with kid gloves before, in the effort to get the money back for the guys who were scammed, it's now a case of here we go again!

Like this

12 hours ago, Ed_David said:

Ha I didn't wire him anything :)

I was just seeing how much ES thought he was smarter than everyone and the extent of lack of morality.  For a second I did think he was a confused lost soul who wanted friendship from me, but even then I doubted it.

He's just another young kid who's read too much Dostoyevsky and thinks he's smarter than everyone else. 

Well, it actually does seem so : ( What happened to your plan? The film project...? And what about to expose the case straight to the real world connections by its own?

I still think the case hasn't been managed in the best way, especially to those who have lost their property.