Samsung NX Speed Booster

lucabutera

@Kisaha

Next year, NX1 will be almosy obsolete, Canon and Fuji will be very close, or will surpass it, Sony A7markIII or A9 will surely will be the best Sonys ever, and they already sell quite well, Panasonic will have a cheaper version of GH5 before Christmas, etc

As reading out of your postings, you are making a living out of filming Kisaha. So, you want to earn money...Jumping into the "every year a new camera" race doesn't contribute to making profit. The NX1 is a very nice cam with flaws, as other (much more hyped and expensive) cameras too...So you have to ask yourself, if your clients/audience will see a difference between the NX1 and a "NewestHypedCamera". Probably not. Review forums (like DPReview & co.) are a kind of parallel universe, having nothing to do with reality of normal Joes (as audience) or with getting payed jobs. It's a world in which gear guys film some months with camera A, get tired of it, trade it and buy a new WOW-cam. After maximum 5 months they get tired of it, trade it (with loss) and buy another system. Content wise? Mostly ZERO...Only (oftenly) exagerated gear talk, pixel peeping, armchair expertise and so on...

I invested 65 Euros some days ago for a survey under 461 Facebook German participants (all relevant age groups, men/women, etc.) on Facebook. You know what? 78 % of them watch video on their smartphones/tablets, another 17 % watch on PC / laptop, only 5 % watch videos on TV. The best one is: from the 17 % watching videos on PC, a vast majority not even has a FullHD resolution... ;-)

So the pixel peepers live in a parallel world and dream about the 16K future and numerous Hollywood jobs - they will never get...The reality is max. 1080p. Same for corporate clients...

So...Get your money in good promotion for your business and keep on your work with the NX1, if you like it. Stop living in the parallel world of gear heads...You will never get a paid job from gear heads. It's simply losing time, energy and money.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

@Arikhan It is very obvious that you do not follow my points very well, and I am not at all shy at this, and other forums, and I remember a few occasions that we had exchange views, so I am shocked that you are "accusing" me for something that I "accuse" others!

Everybody in this hobby and/or business knows that digital(and physical!) bodies eventually die, lenses are the ones that still hold practical (and financial) value though time. I have many digital cameras that I do not use at all as they do not offer anything right now, numerous super 8 film cameras that I haven't use for years, and a few film photo cameras that I am not sure that work anymore (I tried the AE-1 a couple of months ago and something is definitely wrong with it), but the main difference is I still use my old system's lenses.

It is a fact of life, that anything that do not evolve, eventually dies, if it isn't in 2 years, it will be in 3, 4, or 5, it is not really an issue, I just wondered if anyone had an opinion, if it is possible eventually for an adapter for another system to accommodate the excellent NX lenses that brought me to this system as a hobby (the 12-24 and the 30mm to be precise, and the plan was to use all my old legacy lenses with the brown NX300 which I consider one of my favorite photo cameras ever, and I will buy it again!), and with the NX1/NX500 later, as a low/no budget jobs camera (I also have an NX3000).

For most of the other jobs, I am using real video cameras and that is because the nature of my job (run and gun situations, TV documentaries that are my expertise) are screaming mostly C100markII and others, depending the job and the budget.

Also, I have written numerous times, that most of my clients are asking for DVD's, this year is the first year in TV productions that we deliver HD material in my country, and I have defend the view that IBIS and extremely high ISO cameras are something that happened the last couple of years, and we were just fine for more than one hundred years with them (I do not deny the features, just remind to young people that the industry was just fine for such a long time without those, and other things are equally important).

So my simple question stands, and I will be still wonder if I will be able to use my favorite NX lenses in 10, 5 or 2 years time, or whenever the standard for productions will be 10 bit and/or HDR and/or 4:2:2 and/or 8K, or whatever will be here when NX cameras won't. 

For a matter of fact, I still use my Pentax/FD/Zenith lenses from my first photo systems, why not from this one too?

@lucabutera

The focus speed depend on the glass quality and the weight of the lens.

and

actually the 30mm electric motor is powerful enough, I use it with anamorphot lens that weighs over 300 grams without problems, but more than 600 grams could start giving problems,

As experienced constructor you probably considered already the following aspects:

• eg the extensively used Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8 weights about 1.500g
  • eg the outstanding Canon EF 300mm F2.8 weights about 2.400g

The 300mm prime is - when used with the NX1 in slomo video or 4K - OUITSTANDING...Simply mindblowing...
So it would be very nice (if possible) to consider a minimum of 1.500g for a lens like the common 70-200mm to use with your adapter. I hope the electric motor of the 30mm Samsung lens would be powerful enough for this...Thank you again for your work!

On 2/22/2017 at 2:13 PM, IKSLIM said:

Dear Luca,

I just contributed to you 429eur at  https://www.produzionidalbasso.com/project/samsung-nx-camera-to-full-frame-with-nxl-adapter/

My number is 14. You still have 6 days to go.

I appreciate your comment on timing and shipment.

Thanks.

Dear Luca, With all my respect to your development.

As far as we've invested in your project, we expect from you some info regarding timing and shipment table you consider.

I tried to ask from you on this topic Twice already, but looks like you are ignoring this kind of questions.

I do appreciate your comment.

Thanks.

17 hours ago, IKSLIM said:

Dear Luca, With all my respect to your development.

As far as we've invested in your project, we expect from you some info regarding timing and shipment table you consider.

I tried to ask from you on this topic Twice already, but looks like you are ignoring this kind of questions.

I do appreciate your comment.

Thanks.

Hello Ikslim, I replied thanking you for the contribution to development of NXL.
I do not understand the question on the timing of shipments, I thought it was written "I appreciate your comments on timing" as a statement and not a question ..
The timing of the delivery version with provision for electronic pin is about a month, but I can not give a definite date.
I care a lot to respect the time and since some parts do not depend on me I will not give an exact day.
If you have urgent I can send the current version.

Thanks and sorry for misunderstanding.

Best

Luca.

10 hours ago, lucabutera said:

If you have urgent I can send the current version.

Luca.

Dear Luca,

You made my day! Regarding my personal workflow, I’d be really happy to get best NXL optics without any electronic features implemented. I’m really happy if you can offer pure NXL right away. This is really kind of you. I’d be really happy if you can manage that, because i have to shoot now…

Thanks you for such a kind offer, please contact me if you need some additional details on my address.

Thanks.

Luca,

I tried to contact you via your email address, registered by you on www.produzionidalbasso.com for your NXL-Crowdfunding project, but I got this message:

processed by the mail server: lucabuteraemail@alice.it; Failed; 5.2.2 (mailbox full)

Looks like you do not bother on this mailbox.

Which email address should I use in order to contact you via email?

Thanks

6 hours ago, IKSLIM said:

Luca,

I tried to contact you via your email address, registered by you on www.produzionidalbasso.com for your NXL-Crowdfunding project, but I got this message:

processed by the mail server: lucabuteraemail@alice.it; Failed; 5.2.2 (mailbox full)

Looks like you do not bother on this mailbox.

Which email address should I use in order to contact you via email?

Thanks

Hi Ikslim, the crowdfunding is close and the crowdfunding email do not work. write me by message here.

Take it easy, I ship your NXL today (fast ship for Eoshd Friend ;-) )

This is your NXL with serial number and new front flange with 6 screws!!

In your private email I send you the tracking number.

Enjoy!

Luca

SAM_2141.JPG

SAM_2148.JPG

SAM_2143.JPG

16 hours ago, lucabutera said:

I ship your NXL today (fast ship for Eoshd Friend ;-) )

In your private email I send you the tracking number.

Luca

You made my day, Luca!

Thank you, i wish you to have a very nice day and development process!

1 hour ago, keessie65 said:

Interesting! How did you mount the Biotar to the adapter? What is the final focal length of the setup? And perhaps a photo of the combined!

Thanks!

Yes, I mount the Biotar with NXL. I use this sequence: NX1 > NXL speed booster> EF/Exacta > Biotar > step up ring > Anamorphot.

The NXL it's focal reducer, the Biotar 58mm with NXL get the lens about 62mm without lost light stop.

1 hour ago, lucabutera said:

Yes, I mount the Biotar with NXL. I use this sequence: NX1 > NXL speed booster> EF/Exacta > Biotar > step up ring > Anamorphot.

The NXL it's focal reducer, the Biotar 58mm with NXL get the lens about 62mm without lost light stop.

62mm?

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Luca,

I’ve received the parcel. NXL-0055 is awesome. Incredible conversion factor on top of super optics. It looks like NXL-Optics is better than Metabone Speed Boosters)) I tried many original Metabones when i was m43 user, but finally quit from them.

I have two manual Samyang lenses: 24mm/1.4 and 16mm/2.0

Both get a new live with NXL… 16mm/2.0 becomes close to 11mm))

Well done, Man!

Keep Going.