Samsung NX Speed Booster

lucabutera

Hey Luca, I don't know, depends what kind of shipping.  If Fedex handles it once it reaches here they will come to the house.  If it is DHL, then probably as well, but if it is coming through the main post office they will send it back if I don't pick it up in like 2 days, so in that case it still works if it arrives before I leave, but otherwise be checking the return mail.  I guess we'll just hope for the best and I'll give you an update if they arrive or before I leave if they don't. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, ttbek said:

Hey Luca, I don't know, depends what kind of shipping.  If Fedex handles it once it reaches here they will come to the house.  If it is DHL, then probably as well, but if it is coming through the main post office they will send it back if I don't pick it up in like 2 days, so in that case it still works if it arrives before I leave, but otherwise be checking the return mail.  I guess we'll just hope for the best and I'll give you an update if they arrive or before I leave if they don't. 

I ship international registered shipping with poste Italiane courier.

On 6/12/2016 at 1:40 PM, Marco Tecno said:

Probably Luca is used to Italy, where you get charged 25-35% for everything. And sometimes much more. I remember that I bought a plastic figure, about 40$, and I paid 25€ of custom fees.

On 6/12/2016 at 1:25 PM, ttbek said:

No need for that in my case, Qatar has no tax on received items like this, lol. 

On 6/12/2016 at 3:24 PM, Kisaha said:

Same in Greece, crazy custom fees! But nice summery weather 9 months per yea and a lot of hundreds of islands. Oh! And crazy low minimum wages too!

19 hours ago, SMGJohn said:

Great cause Norway has 25% import tax, makes me cry tears everytime. 

I send as a letter. This method does not involve any additional customs fees!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Luca, I have the chance to pick up an 8-120mm Canon CL VL lens (for their film/analog video cameras).  From a cursory look it seems that the mount has the same pinout as EF, and at one point Canon sold an adapter to put EF lenses on these film cameras.  Now, it makes no sense to try to go from these CL/VL lenses (29mm flange) to EF mount, but it seems like going to EF-M mount should be very possible and with the electrical contacts it might just work without any chips needed in between.  I'm aware that the image circle is much smaller than APS-C for this lens, but with the new M5 at 24 MP a pretty good crop is more feasible than it once was.  I'm curious if you would be interested in making a one off adapter for that, PM with a rough price if you are. 

4 hours ago, ttbek said:

Hey Luca, I have the chance to pick up an 8-120mm Canon CL VL lens (for their film/analog video cameras).  From a cursory look it seems that the mount has the same pinout as EF, and at one point Canon sold an adapter to put EF lenses on these film cameras.  Now, it makes no sense to try to go from these CL/VL lenses (29mm flange) to EF mount, but it seems like going to EF-M mount should be very possible and with the electrical contacts it might just work without any chips needed in between.  I'm aware that the image circle is much smaller than APS-C for this lens, but with the new M5 at 24 MP a pretty good crop is more feasible than it once was.  I'm curious if you would be interested in making a one off adapter for that, PM with a rough price if you are. 

This lens is  near to MFT sensor but is possible try this crazy experiment! You can use this combination VL Lens -> VL Eos adapter -> Eos to Eos-M smart adapter -> Eos-M camera. But I do not the final result as well. 

11 hours ago, lucabutera said:

This lens is  near to MFT sensor but is possible try this crazy experiment! You can use this combination VL Lens -> VL Eos adapter -> Eos to Eos-M smart adapter -> Eos-M camera. But I do not the final result as well. 

No, the VL Eos adapter goes the other way

EF lens -> adapter -> XL1 or XL2 camera

I mentioned it only in regards to the XL cameras apparently using the same EF lens protocol for lens/body communication. 

What I'm looking to do is

VL lens -> apparently non-existent adapter VL to EOS M with electrical contacts -> EOS M camera

In fact, I can't find a VL adapter to any other mount, not even C-mount, probably because VL aperture is set electronically (just like EF... probably exactly like EF).  . 

Even in this case, results will not be very good, because the lens has a very small image circle, for like a 1/3" sensor or something.  I would try it but I don't have the machining tools to make the physical adapter.  I did go ahead and buy the lens as it was quite cheap.  I'll try wiring it up and see if it talks back to the Arduino just like the EF lenses or not (it's possible Canon did something more than just a pass through connection in that adapter). 

On 21/12/2016 at 0:37 AM, ttbek said:

No, the VL Eos adapter goes the other way

EF lens -> adapter -> XL1 or XL2 camera

I mentioned it only in regards to the XL cameras apparently using the same EF lens protocol for lens/body communication. 

What I'm looking to do is

VL lens -> apparently non-existent adapter VL to EOS M with electrical contacts -> EOS M camera

In fact, I can't find a VL adapter to any other mount, not even C-mount, probably because VL aperture is set electronically (just like EF... probably exactly like EF).  . 

Even in this case, results will not be very good, because the lens has a very small image circle, for like a 1/3" sensor or something.  I would try it but I don't have the machining tools to make the physical adapter.  I did go ahead and buy the lens as it was quite cheap.  I'll try wiring it up and see if it talks back to the Arduino just like the EF lenses or not (it's possible Canon did something more than just a pass through connection in that adapter). 

Ok. Certainly build a mute adapter for Canon EF lenses Canon VL-M body is theoretically possible (I have to check the diameters and graft rear overhang).

This could result in vignetting, Sure that Canon lens is not able to cover the aps-c sensor (No one has tried this before).

Then you can assess whether it is possible to communicate the camera with the lens and if it is worth investing time and money on this interesting project.

Well... some bad news, the source I got 29mm from seems to be a typo, it seems the flange is only 20mm, which is still more than M mount, but that is very little space for the adapter.  It will definitely have vignetting, lots of it ^_^.  Maybe not too bad at some focal lengths though, not sure on that.  When I'm back home I'll check out the protocol as best I can, no need putting in any time until I do that.  Maybe the chip won't even be working, the camera shop I got it from had nothing to try it out on. 

The NX-Ls have arrived ^_^.  Unfortunately they came through Q-post on this end, but luckily my brother was still home and was able to pick them up for me, only made it by like two days as he is flying here tomorrow.  I asked him to bring one with him so I'll get to use it on this vacation ^_^. 

1 hour ago, ttbek said:

Well... some bad news, the source I got 29mm from seems to be a typo, it seems the flange is only 20mm, which is still more than M mount, but that is very little space for the adapter.  It will definitely have vignetting, lots of it ^_^.  Maybe not too bad at some focal lengths though, not sure on that.  When I'm back home I'll check out the protocol as best I can, no need putting in any time until I do that.  Maybe the chip won't even be working, the camera shop I got it from had nothing to try it out on. 

The NX-Ls have arrived ^_^.  Unfortunately they came through Q-post on this end, but luckily my brother was still home and was able to pick them up for me, only made it by like two days as he is flying here tomorrow.  I asked him to bring one with him so I'll get to use it on this vacation ^_^. 

I know, the flange focal distance in Canon VL mount is 20mm on Canon Eos-M is 18, we have 2mm to make adapter, this will be slim like a Nikon/Eos approx, but the minor distance is better to reduce vignetting, because the rear glass of lens is near the sensor and cover more the corner of the sensor. The electric pin will be the next step after test.

p.s. I wait to see your video shooting with NXL turbo booster! 

Marry Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...