Samsung NX Speed Booster

lucabutera

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Here a quick test were you can see something.Of course the light is quite shitty, but the day out was horrible (a lot of rain)...

It's made with my vintage lens m42 Takumar smc 35-50-200 mm.I think that if we want to test possible purple fringe we have to use a newer lens(my takumar has  just purple fringe without the adapter...so..)As you can see the increase of light is really good and the sharpness too, in all of the frame for me(I ve to make some test at work with a grade 1 monitor for really better result).

I've noticed a little flou effect on 50mm takumar at 2.8 f..I've to investigate better because I'm not sure that is the adapter.

All the clips are taken with a tripod in the same position.

I will post the camera setting later, and a wetransfer link with the original files(this are converted in h264 from Premiere cc ...sorry but I've to work again this evening, I hope that this will be useful for someone!

p.s. when I have buied the adapter from Luca I've to tell that I was thinking..."why I've to spend all of this money for a simple piece of metal with a lens ...when I've see the piece I've understood that the construction is really complicated(if Luca want, I can post some detail of the adapter..)

Grey

3 hours ago, ttbek said:

Good stuff, is it just me or is the bokeh actually a bit smoother with the NXL?  Video sharpness is definitely living up to at least 4k, and Luca's post a bit earlier shows it is just about at the limits of what that lens can do without the NXL, looking good.  Is mine in the mail?  :P

Yeah I can't wait to get mine either! Checking my mailbox every day ha. I plan on using mine for stills as well, so I'll post some detailed 28mp shots of with and without for sure, for proper comparisons. But it looks to be holding the detail really well! Of course we're all sad that Samsung abandoned this great camera, but at the same time I very much doubt anything like the NX-L would ever have been created otherwise, so it's quite the silver lining. You rock, @lucabutera!

4 hours ago, Parker said:

Yeah I can't wait to get mine either! Checking my mailbox every day ha. I plan on using mine for stills as well, so I'll post some detailed 28mp shots of with and without for sure, for proper comparisons. But it looks to be holding the detail really well! Of course we're all sad that Samsung abandoned this great camera, but at the same time I very much doubt anything like the NX-L would ever have been created otherwise, so it's quite the silver lining. You rock, @lucabutera!

Thank you, I try to do my best on NXL speed booster.

5 hours ago, Drew Veeneman said:

@lucabutera I see the NXL project page is funded. If there are any more opportunities to order a NXL adapter, I would be very interested.

I got my first Samsung NX camera last week.

I would be interested also.

On 18.11.2016 at 3:50 AM, Drew Veeneman said:

@lucabutera I see the NXL project page is funded. If there are any more opportunities to order a NXL adapter, I would be very interested.

I got my first Samsung NX camera last week.

Hi,

I would also be interested in getting a NXL adapter. Any chance to order it now?

ciao, Sören

Luca, are mine in the mail or what?  I hate to pester you but I have no news on this front.  I'm going to be heading for vacation in 11 days...  If they aren't in the mail already now, I may be stopping in Venice on my trip around the new year,... though I don't know how far that is from you. 

16 hours ago, ttbek said:

Luca, are mine in the mail or what?  I hate to pester you but I have no news on this front.  I'm going to be heading for vacation in 11 days...  If they aren't in the mail already now, I may be stopping in Venice on my trip around the new year,... though I don't know how far that is from you. 

Hello K, I ship your twins NX-L this week (thursday or before), it's ok or change the program? I live 30 minute to Taormina, it's lovely country! The best time to visit it is in the summer.