Samsung NX Speed Booster

lucabutera

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I was talking about an adapter, not a speedbooster, it could be possible to adapt to m4/3 or other APS-C. NX lenses are a lot of thousands in the wild, maybe the sales weren't encouraging to sustain a whole ecosystem for a couple more decades, but a one-off adapter  is something that could sell easily a few thousands copies, in perspective, if someone makes one and sells off ebay, then it is not a bad business to do. In 4-6 years time, when NX won't be relevant any more, it would be nice to use S lenses, or the amazing 85 on a 8K camera. I believe most people with such lenses (or a collection of primes, or the 60 macro, etc), will be willing to spend 400-600$ to sustain their collection of lenses. Definitely it will be cheaper than built from the begining in a different system.

What focus assist tools do you use when using adapted lenses in video mode?  While peaking can be accessed, the NX1/NX500 bodies do not seem to allow an enlarged/magnified view for further fine tuning.  In photo mode, hitting the OK button brings up the enlarged view, but this doesn't seem to be available in video mode, unless I'm missing something.

I've reviewed this thread and can't seem to locate where to buy your NXL adapter. I'd be interested in one.

There was a thread on DPReview (https://***URL removed***/forums/thread/3973075?page=3) that looked at the electric protocols for the NX with a goal of an EF-NX adapter. There are preliminary electronics but no adapter; maybe potential for a match-up.

On 10. 9. 2016 at 11:40 PM, lucabutera said:

Luca, it seems to me that prices are no correct - you have 419 Euros for NX adapter and delivery is set to "now". On opposite you have adapter for 499 Euros and delivery is in 2017. Maybe I am wrong but I guess that prices should be in the opposite way - higher price for earlier delivery and lower price for later delivery. Is it really correct?

3 hours ago, Pavel Mašek said:

Luca, it seems to me that prices are no correct - you have 419 Euros for NX adapter and delivery is set to "now". On opposite you have adapter for 499 Euros and delivery is in 2017. Maybe I am wrong but I guess that prices should be in the opposite way - higher price for earlier delivery and lower price for later delivery. Is it really correct?

This was mentioned in the hack thread. Sounds like the cheaper, earlier option may disappear at some point, so it's like an "act fast!" thing

Hey luca, I've been absent a while.  Could we see two raw files with the same lens (one with your NXL and one with just a glassless adapter).  Also, is there space in your current design for pass through electronic pins?  I do intend to take a (long) shot at the electronic communication and am wondering if I could work on one of these directly.  Waiting still for some parts from China to make my attempt at doing it with a glassless adapter.