Samsung NX Speed Booster

lucabutera

just for me to understand, sorry if it was pointed out and i missed it. The speedbooster adapter is made for canon and you attach to it any other adapters that you want to use for the specific glass that you have? or the speedbooster adapter itself is so made that you can adjust it to any mount you have? can't really tell from the pictures and i am really dumb in engeeniring and stuff (art director here ) :) thx

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
34 minutes ago, carlic said:

Luca, I am a mechanical engineer from Slovenia and have a lot of connections for cnc part manufacturing since I design industrial machines.
Maybe we can try to work together to possibly cut the price down even more?

I also own an NX1, and have acces to a bunch of canon glass as well.

Hi Carlic, thanks for your support.
The production costs are not to CNC milling cutter, but what affects, is the cost of the glass, the glass cutting and the production of printing 3d parts impossible to realize also with 5-axis milling machine.

Cojocaru: It is very simple really, it is an EF adapter, then you can adapt to other mounts with cheap dumb adapters (or more expensive ones of course, I just do not see the point buying expensive ones).

One adapter to rule them all. You still need to buy the other mount adapter you need (e.g from ebay).

You then can have the FF look, but still you won't have any electronic control and/or aperture control, which in my opinion (and needs) is more important than the FF look, which If I needed I would have bought from the begining (A7ii is not that bad in that sense, ofcourse NX1 is much better, but the Sony can be found for cheap used, and have all the active metabines/speedboosters).

30 minutes ago, cojocaru27 said:

just for me to understand, sorry if it was pointed out and i missed it. The speedbooster adapter is made for canon and you attach to it any other adapters that you want to use for the specific glass that you have? or the speedbooster adapter itself is so made that you can adjust it to any mount you have? can't really tell from the pictures and i am really dumb in engeeniring and stuff (art director here ) :) thx

You can use it by simply mounting adapters Canon EF / to other brands.
It will work perfectly because the adapter ring will adjust the distance of the flanges.
From Canon to Nikon and others it is possible, but not vice versa.

43 minutes ago, lucabutera said:

Hi Carlic, thanks for your support.
The production costs are not to CNC milling cutter, but what affects, is the cost of the glass, the glass cutting and the production of printing 3d parts impossible to realize also with 5-axis milling machine.

So you are actually producing the glass on your own, and its not a repurposed speed boster glass from other brands?
What is the glass made of? I hope it doesnt include thorium, zirconium or similar isotopes that a lot of fast vintage lenses had to combat aberations?

2 hours ago, lucabutera said:

Why complicate your life? If you want a nd filter, just add it to the front lens.

The best thing is that you will have one ND filter for all lenses that you will use with speedbooster no matter lens diameter. 

It would be great but question is additional price and if there is enough space to add another glass element.

Honestly - 500 bucks quite lot for me but I completely understand that price.

1 hour ago, Pavel Mašek said:

The best thing is that you will have one ND filter for all lenses that you will use with speedbooster no matter lens diameter. 

It would be great but question is additional price and if there is enough space to add another glass element.

Honestly - 500 bucks quite lot for me but I completely understand that price.

I do not agree! Metabones Nikon G adapters are priced at $ 479, they offer a focal reduction of 71X and can only be used with Nikon lenses.
My adapter is the only existing for Samsung NX, provides a superior reduction and can be fitted with a Canon EF mount, Nikon F / G, M39, M42, Exakta, Pentax K, C / Y, Olympus OM, Leica R , Arri PL-STD-B, T -T2 mount- Novoflex A mount.
It is built in Italy with quality materials and 3D printing technologies.
Do you still think that it is expensive?

Metabones.jpg

49 minutes ago, lucabutera said:

Do you still think that it is expensive?

Luca, I am sorry but I wrote that "I completely understand that price". I meant that it is little pricy FOR ME considering it will works only for NX cameras (as there will be no other NX cameras in future). That is all... I really admire you for your great work.

Please let me know what is crop factor of you speedbooster.

• I dont think the price is too high. Will I get one? Probably not, I dont have that kind of money to spend, since I dont use my NX1 proffesionaly.

What I am dissapointed to hear is that for the price you will be using 3D printed parts. I have had quite a few parts printed for personal projects with hobby and professional 3d printers and the quallity was always poor. The only situation that I would use printed parts is when the shape is very hard to make on a cnc machines and quallity and mechanical properties are not a priority.

• What is the actual focal reduction anyway?  
  • Why is it in your opinion that metabones declares it is immpossible to make a booster for NX? 

49 minutes ago, Pavel Mašek said:

Luca, I am sorry but I wrote that "I completely understand that price". I meant that it is little pricy FOR ME considering it will works only for NX cameras (as there will be no other NX cameras in future). That is all... I really admire you for your great work.

Please let me know what is crop factor of you speedbooster.

Nx can potentially can be adapted to mft, e mount, maybe fuji..? Because of flange distance. I don't know of any adapters for those, though. Could be interesting using this speedbooster on nx1, a6300, gh5, xt2..

The price is totally fair, IMO. As already said, though, I won't be buying a dumb speedbooster (or a dumb adapter, btw).

What I'd really want, and I'd be ready to spend 300-350€ on it (if well built and decently fast), is a SMART ADAPTER (non speedbooster) for canon glass, so to be able to use a 300-400mm lens for my NX1 and use it with af, aperture and ois.

3 minutes ago, Marco Tecno said:

The price is totally fair, IMO. As already said, though, I won't be buying a dumb speedbooster (or a dumb adapter, btw).

What I'd really want, and I'd be ready to spend 300-350€ on it (if well built and decently fast), is a SMART ADAPTER (non speedbooster) for canon glass, so to be able to use a 300-400mm lens for my NX1 and use it with af, aperture and ois.

What is a "fast" adapter? In terms of focusing?

4 hours ago, carlic said:
  • I dont think the price is too high. Will I get one? Probably not, I dont have that kind of money to spend, since I dont use my NX1 proffesionaly.

What I am dissapointed to hear is that for the price you will be using 3D printed parts. I have had quite a few parts printed for personal projects with hobby and professional 3d printers and the quallity was always poor. The only situation that I would use printed parts is when the shape is very hard to make on a cnc machines and quallity and mechanical properties are not a priority.

• What is the actual focal reduction anyway?  
  • Why is it in your opinion that metabones declares it is immpossible to make a booster for NX? 

3d printing professional is the only way for rapid prototyping. I changed at least 10 different forms. I worked on hundredths of a millimeter before finding the correct position. it is thanks to the press 3d if I could achieve a speed booster adapter for samsung nx, inside there is no space for screws or locking flanges, the support of the lenses is a unique piece interlocking. build it and was a puzzle.
You do not know the 3D printer produces turbines for aviation turboprops. you do not even know what you're talking.

follow this link: http://www.selltek.it/stampanti-3d/professionali/pro-x-300/