Samsung NX Speed Booster

lucabutera

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
19 hours ago, lucabutera said:

No, you do not modify the body camera. If you get a speed booster EF, you can use all full frame lenses: Canon EF, Sigma SA, Praktica (baionet P/B),Minolta AF/Sony Alpha, Exakta, M39 ( ZM39), M42, Pentax k, Contax/Yashica (C/Y), DKL mount, Yashica MA,  Olympus OM, Nikon G/F , Leica R, Arri STD-B-PL, Mini T - T - T2 mount, Novolfex A mount.

One speed booster for all lenses! Are you happy?

you are the man

1 hour ago, sandro said:

Honestly if you're a still shooter Samsung NX system is the wrong choice...

I disagree, dude. I've got a pretty thriving business that's equal parts stills and video and the NX1 and NX500 do everything I need and more stills-wise. Fantastic dynamic range, high mp for great detail, wonderful adaptability for vintage lenses... Honestly what more do you need? This new speedbooster will only make things better, I can't wait to see how different some of my lenses look wider and a stop faster.

Can we get some chart tests with this focal reducer? Sharpness across all parts of the frame need to be accounted for. Also what about lens coating? Does this flare in direct light? Can you try it with wider and longer lenses.  I know the Metabones lenses have their focal length limits in particular with the Sony e mount adapters. 

10 hours ago, sandro said:

Honestly if you're a still shooter Samsung NX system is the wrong choice...

I get far better pics with nx1 and s lenses than from most ff cameras I use(d). You just have to shoot raw and know how to pp your pics. The latitude is amazing. I now shoot almost always at iso 100 and pull in post. Here the nx1 destroys any canon and is competitive with d5 and a7r. Besides af is the best I ever used, on par or better than d4 (again, you must know how to use it) and for sure better than any sony, including the a6300, which compared to nx1 is a toy camera imo.

I'm not talking about quality and the sensor. As you may know I worked on ski slopes for a season and it was an absolute nightmare. I needed a versatile lens so the 18-200mm was the only choice too bad the glass is just below average, it misses the focus so often that it makes you wanna smash the camera. Sometimes it won't even find a point to focus! And this happens with kit lens as well, so this mirrorless system it's not ready for photography (used this way). My 550D even in low light it just focus the NX1 don't even know what to look for.
Change lens? No one ever produced lenses for the NX systems with AF so...

I love it for video and stills but for that kind of work (sports) it's absolutely not the right system. Also because the native and third party lenses selection is poor and now non existent. But yeah if you do any other kind of photography nothing to complain. The thing is when I see "professional work" (not that the result is anything professional, as GOOD) they all rely on AF and speed, the NX1 just can't keep up.

57 minutes ago, Marco Tecno said:

You must use S lenses to get the most out nx1 af: 50-150 is outstanding.

If they made more S lenses it would have been great. They're not even available anymore... that's why I said it's not a good system for pics also.

Anyway back to the topic I'm also interested in knowing that happens to the quality.

7 hours ago, sandro said:

If they made more S lenses it would have been great. They're not even available anymore... that's why I said it's not a good system for pics also.

Anyway back to the topic I'm also interested in knowing that happens to the quality.

Depends on needs. I'm more than satisfied with lenses ranging from 16f2 to 150f2.8.

I could not have afforded the 300f2.8 :-)

But I could buy a sigma 300mm, if an intelligent adapter will be done.

For Sandro, the 18-200 is the problem.  I think f/6.3 is perhaps too dark for the on sensor PDAF points to be effective.  The lens focus speed itself is pretty wicked fast on that one, but if the camera doesn't know what to set it to.... you'll notice it sometimes jumps and that jump is super fast.  And yeah, there are situations where NX is a bit dumb, if the subject is small in frame the NX cameras love focusing on the background instead.  There are some issues like that, but I still find the NX1+50-150 quite capable of BIF and sports.  The 18-200 was exceptionally bad among NX lenses.  I can shoot a reasonable amount of BIF with the 50-200, the 45 and 85 primes are very fast focusing, just too short for BIF, but just fine for sports.  If you need to use the NX1 in truly low light, that green beam really works quite will in even absolute darkness to a decent distance.  Without it, yeah, it doesn't make it as low as a fair number of others. 

Jefbak and Marco: To be fair, they were speaking in the context of maintaining their current quality, but yeah, it could just have been an excuse because they didn't feel demand was high enough for NX. After all, some other mounts were able to have them at reduced levels of focal reduction.  Don't remind me of the 300 f/2.8... I still want it badly. 

If quality samples are looking good then I would be in for an EF version even without aperture or electronic controls so long as the price is in line with that.  I do have a number of FF fully manual lenses in EF mount that would be even nicer on NX that way (e.g. Samyang and Laowa).  I could chip in some for a production run, but that 10k is reserved for a fully functioning near native AF electronic adapter. 

11 hours ago, ttbek said:

For Sandro, the 18-200 is the problem.  I think f/6.3 is perhaps too dark for the on sensor PDAF points to be effective. 

It misses continuously even out in the sun... if an adapter with AF comes out I would gladly sell this shitty lens! Problem is that you if you need that range=24-150 that lens is the only way :(

Updates NXL NX / EF:

Hi, I worked on this adapter for a few consecutive days, the biggest difficulty was finding the right point of distance between the lens and sensor.

A tenth lower and slamming into the sensor, a tenth farther and slammed into the lens.
Find the right setting to infinity focus it seemed impossible, and some moments I was throwing in the towel with canon EF mount to return to Nikon.
All this for 0.05 of a millimeter (Canon EF mount is definitely the final flange focal distance limit).
Now fortunately, the system works perfectly and soon will publish the first tests with Nx1 camera.
See you soon.

3 hours ago, sandro said:

It ontinuously even out ie sun... if an adapternear with AF comes out I would glads shitty lens! Probleevenm is that you if you need that range=24-150 that lens is the only way :(

IIt is almost a 28-308 lens, not a 24-150.

I have a NX500 and I use both cameras, NX500 is so small, that you can have one of the cheap.zooms or small prime ot even The fish eye on it. Cheaper tham A 18-200 zoom lens, and a second body forinterviews or live/events videophotography.

t is alnost

Sorry for the "retarded" typing, blame it to been near The beach on southern Grecce, and terrible forum/android cooperation.

55 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

IIt is almost a 28-308 lens, not a 24-150.

I have a NX500 and I use both cameras, NX500 is so small, that you can have one of the cheap.zooms or small prime ot even The fish eye on it. Cheaper tham A 18-200 zoom lens, and a second body forinterviews or live/events videophotography.

t is alnost

Sorry for the "retarded" typing, blame it to been near The beach on southern Grecce, and terrible forum/android cooperation.

I actually meant that range 24-150 (not 35 mm equivalent). The 18-200 is the only lens available close to that and with AF.