List of most popular rental cameras

HurtinMinorKey

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

C300 at the top makes sense! Footage looks great and it really incredibly easy to use.

90% of the stuff I've edited this year has been C300. It killed 5D shoots in one fell swoop, I've used none in the corporate and ad world this year at all! Some Alexa, Red Epic, bits of FS700. But no 5D anymore...

• Administrators

The C300 is certainly priced for rental.

I prefer the image from the Blackmagic. To get a job done easily and fast - I'd probably choose the C300, for pure artistry the Blackmagic.

I'm not surprised the 5D has disappeared from rental... It never made much sense to rent one when they are so cheap to own! I bet there's a lot of owner operators still shooting their commercial work on one.

Same here. It just gets hired for price, speed and relative quality. Many hired cameramen here own 5Ds, but we just stick a C300 in the budget for them as the result tends to please the clients and it's not too great a cost to get such pliable footage with a quick turnaround.

For my own stuff I will definitely hire a Blackmagic soon (if I can find one) and give it a spin. They're still pretty scarce though, which is a shame... I'm brushing up on DaVinci in the meantime, so I can get down to it when the time comes!