Canon 1Dc $4,999

photographer-at-large

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
37 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

The dream would be a 1DC-II (4K/60p, 10 bit, c-log) and a 5DC-IV (4K/30p, 8 bit, c-log).

Come on Canon!

Don't see 10 bit coming in this format anytime soon.  The 1DC was replaced by the 1DX Mkii. Canon stated this several times. This is why they added much better video capabilities to this model. Also, Philip Bloom hinted at C-Log being added as a firmware update, and while he does not work for Canon, he likely has connections that are in the know... so make of that what you will. In any case the 1DC did not make sense with the superior 1DX Mkii being priced $2k less. So the price drop, and discontinuation are logical moves.

17 minutes ago, DBounce said:

The 1DC was replaced by the 1DX Mkii. Canon stated this several times.

Do you have any sources for this? I have heard the direct opposite, but that was word of mouth. Reps saying the 1DC is it's own line and part of the cinema range.

3 hours ago, Tiago Rosa-Rosso said:

Or maybe 5dc.

I suspect that the the 5DC will be a repackaged 1DC and thats why they are trying to empty the inventory of the 1DC. And a price drop makes just as much sense. Then they can also add C-log to the 1DXII and the Canon world will make sense again.

34 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Do you have any sources for this? I have heard the direct opposite, but that was word of mouth. Reps saying the 1DC is it's own line and part of the cinema range.

Sure I do,  but keep in mind this is not the only time official Canon reps have stated that the 1DX Mkii is a replacement for both the 1DX and 1DC. If you search around you will find others. When I first mentioned this month's ago many people got upset.  Me, I went out and bought the 1DX Mkii and haven't looked back. Yes C-Log will be great to have and with it I believe Canon will give us a complete solution for shooting in harsh conditions. 

Here's the link. Start at 8:25. 

Seems a strange move to discontinue the only DSLR with c-log and replace it with one without.... Fingers crossed something happens with firmware.... I'm simply not buying any Canon products unless they have c-log (or get hacked). DR is very important to me.

14 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Even at $5k, you have to ask if it makes sense to forego the features that the 1DX Mkii bring to the table. 

That depends, if they release a 1dC mk ii or a 5dC, either or both with C-Log, then it's highly unlikely C-Log will be added to the 1dX ii via a firmware update. Of course, a 1dC mk ii will probably run upwards of 10 grand and will have 60p in C-Log. So, the original will still be viable to the professional hybrid shooter that wants a 4K video upgrade with the stills form factor.