Magix Sony VEGAS Pro 14 to have native Prores support & cost $199 only

LimitBreak

So I just found out that Magix acquired sony Vegas Pro with the whole Sony Creative Suite, and just announced a new version that will launch in September.

But what they seem to highlight as the newest feature beside a redesign along with 4k and HEVC Hardware Acceleration support, is the native ProRes capabilities and support. So will this be the go to Prores editing software for Windows users ?

They also lowered the price from $600 to $200 and are giving Vegas Pro 14 for free if you purchase the 13 !!

Thoughts ?

Here is the offer link http://www.magix.com/us/specials/vegas/exclusive-welcome-offer/

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

By native Prores support do they mean the ability to render it in-program? I'm using Vegas 13 and can edit Prores. It edits probably more smoothly than other compressed formats I've used. Still, I've been using Vegas for 12 years so I'm looking forward to seeing what else this change brings.

The main problem with ProRes in Vegas was that in timeline it was limited to 8 bit only. Even if you force the project to 32 bit float and got 12 bit 4444 source the Quicktime ProRes always stay 8 bit in timeline and final render. And its because Vegas used native Windows Quicktime decoder which is limited o 8 bit system wide. Also Quicktime files got crazy gamma shift when placed to timeline. Maybe they mean they fixed this ancient bugs and added ProRes export option?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2016 at 10:28 AM, liork said:

The main problem for me is the slow 4K MP4 rendering time, no matter how strong is your CPU or GPU.

Someone should review the new version when it comes out, then compare encoding with OpenCl and Nvidia Cuda on different new graphic cards like the RX480 and the 1070 or 1080.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2016 at 4:14 AM, liork said:

Well, in Vegas 13, if you have a modern GPU from last 2 years or so, you have to disable it on rendering and use only CPU, or the software will freeze...

I've had that issue too! Running an Nvidia GTX 970. I'm running a Xeon x5680 hex core processor, so it has to manage the work.

Looking forward to 14. Do we know if it's a complete re-write? That may cause me hesitation, as it may be riddled with new bugs. I've owned licenses to Magix Movie edit pro as well. It was alright, but Vegas Pro is a much more professional solution.

• 4 weeks later...