EOSHD Community

Ed_David

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It's like the cyberspace equivalent to a natural disaster. When a bushfire destroyed 7 houses in my street, neighbours who barely knew each other worked together and the hood turned into a real community.

Great community, some cool threads and topics going on today, strong as ever!

For instance, to me it is clear, great ergonomy/handling makes me wanna shoot. I´m in camera class, so good vibes and good

ideas make me wanna shoot as well. Not matter if its a miniDV or G6 or EX1 or some kick ass cam, ergonomy and crew are trump, story

comes after that:)

Same here, crew is trump, content comes from these talents!

I would love to have more disussion and exchange evolving around shooting and creating films.

Love quick n dirty (run n gun) exercises of one or various aspects of filming and this and that and this and that..

Unfortunately a forum site´s interface fengshui never seems to lurk people into the screening room sections, myself included :/

On vimeo I search for vids finding cool stuff but never engage in communication. Can´t we have both?

That is a hot-buttoned issue right here, don´t you think, Ed, just a joyful one!:)

cheers

22 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

I would love to have more disussion and exchange evolving around shooting and creating films.

I've started a behind the scenes blog for my feature http://gamma-movie.com/behindscenes.php I'm going to start a thread here and repost the blog entries for discussion. I'm also going to post an article called "The anatomy of a short" where I'll break down everything that went into the making of a short film.

2 hours ago, Ed_David said:

Just wanted to say I'm proud of everyone coming together to help out three members here get on their way to get their money back.

It was an intense few days or so.  But this really, in a dorky way, felt like a real community.  A weird meta one, since none of us know each other in the real world, except for me and Mr. Coffee after a great skype interview session.

Now I am crying.

I am crying and crying and crying and sobbing and need to get a hankey.

Okay got it.

Anyway goodbye guys!

Till the next hot-buttoned issue!

Yeah, it's just a shame you were so quick to grab your pitchfork and want to ultimately ruin this young person's life/career. If you were one of the people that had been scammed, sure, I can see that being a normal reaction. It just seemed like you went out of your way to get involved and carry the torch of justice. I understand this is a community and we have to look out for each other. I just think there are better ways to handle such things. Give yourself a pat on the back, anyway.

1 hour ago, iamoui said:

Yeah, it's just a shame you were so quick to grab your pitchfork and want to ultimately ruin this young person's life/career. If you were one of the people that had been scammed, sure, I can see that being a normal reaction. It just seemed like you went out of your way to get involved and carry the torch of justice. I understand this is a community and we have to look out for each other. I just think there are better ways to handle such things. Give yourself a pat on the back, anyway.

I didn't ruin ES's life and career.  I threatened to.  There is a difference.  I wasn't asking for a pat on the back, anonymous person.

And you know, I have been scammed before.  I lost $2000 when I was younger.

And back then, I would have died to have an older, crazier person whose been around the block a few times help me back then, get my $2000 back from a corrupt production company that prayed on young talent.  I worked 10 friday nights from 6pm till 6am when I was early 22, and never got paid a dime.

And then two years ago I was owned $6000 and fighting tooth and nail I got that money as the company was collasping from a Ponzi scheme.

Again, I would have just loved to have someone older help me.

And, what, the guys didn't ask for my help right?

Well that's right. So why did I do it?

Because one of the scammed victims was threatening violence, very early on.

I was actually scared for ES.

and because not everyone asks for help, but the guys came on the forum and thought it was a lost cause so they kind of opened the invitation to find out more, and a lot of other people helped too - we all backed each other up.

And if that stupid rangefinder that doesn't even work that well actually makes it to the guys, that's something, I guess.

That we got back and got organized and got a scam artist who was using his leverage and thinking he could play the crowd for what they were, seeing those yankees stripes and thinking nothing past it.  But people were able to rise above it, just as everyone should always do.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Ed didn't want to ruin my life, he actually helped NOT ruining it and now it's all resolved and noone is harming me in anyway. Thanks ED. 

Many who were not reading between the lines have no idea how involved Ed was with Ebrahim working towards resolving this. I am sure it is much more than I think. I do think he went too far in the beginning and I called him out but I know he was advising and negotiating behind the scenes.

4 hours ago, Zak Forsman said:

tX4KVqM.jpg

A tad melodramatic, no? That quote could actually be applicable in many situations depending on your perspective; also your definition of "worthy cause." I can see those in ISIS and other Islamist terror groups thinking the same types of things about all of us infidels.

Is it not a good thing to critique/criticize bad ideas? Or any idea, for that matter?

I think what Zak is trying to say is that ES at least tried even if in the end he didn't succeed (or did he?). How many egyptian boys are sitting at home waiting because it's not worthwhile to shoot or even try with a 1100d? ES took initiative to get a decent camera, even if the plan was the crappiest on the planet (or not,worst case scenario he wins 500$).

it's the easiest thing in the world to be a critic, on the sideline, second-guessing someone with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight. Ed took the initiative to do something. whether you agree with how he did it or not, the moralizing is a cheap shot. what solutions were his critics offering when he was getting his hands dirty behind the scenes? what action were they taking?

Be careful not to turn this into another Ebrahim thread, they are watching you....... ;) 

When I got my first camera (Canon XHA1), I had no idea what I was doing, so I forced myself to read complex posts in forums like this until I "got it". 

This forum has a vibe that others don't. It's a good vibe. :)

11 hours ago, squig said:

I've started a behind the scenes blog for my feature http://gamma-movie.com/behindscenes.php I'm going to start a thread here and repost the blog entries for discussion. I'm also going to post an article called "The anatomy of a short" where I'll break down everything that went into the making of a short film.

Was this just south of Sydney? I was doing some tests in similar locations today myself. We walked through one LOOOOOONG tunnel for about 30mins before getting to the otherside. Cant see light at either end which is kind of sketchy waiting for some tweaker to jump and out rape me. Super annoying that some of these tunnels I was exploring today were gated.

On the whole ES thing, I still calling it Syndicate. Love to be wrong but this past month I have been getting phone calls from scam artists doing all sorts of things. One is the taxation dept accusing me of tax evasion and penalties, another one was another taxtation kind of thing where they were trying to work out if I was 'a property owner...' as I would be entitled to new tax breaks etc. Knowing these are scumbags trying to trick me I am hyper aware and even if this silly rangefinder makes it to these guys and everyone is refunded, I still cant help but feel the whole thing is part of a much deeper conspiracy. Be aware ladies and gents. 

6 hours ago, iamoui said:

A tad melodramatic, no? That quote could actually be applicable in many situations depending on your perspective; also your definition of "worthy cause." I can see those in ISIS and other Islamist terror groups thinking the same types of things about all of us infidels.

Is it not a good thing to critique/criticize bad ideas? Or any idea, for that matter?

These Teddy´s words have been said within his then thought frame of reference. They don´t decribe any good or bad by themselves but gain meaning

through the context they can be used within. Or being imagined or fantasized within:) A quote to underline great causes but evil conduct as well.

We did okay in the scamming matter, so in that context Zak used an okay fitting quote to say so:)