Eos M question

Michael Coffee

@Michael Coffee

Can't read that file. I even tried to play it without the ".txt" extension.

~60 Mbps seems too low for that bitrate and all-I, if you are shooting a complex subject.  Something might be wrong.

Focus the camera on TV static and let it roll for at least 3 minutes.  If the bitrate is set too high, the recording will shut off and/or will drop frames and/or show image tearing.

In addition, if your camera is getting hot and/or using up the battery faster than normal, don't use the ML shooting screen -- use one of the Canon shooting screens (or turn off "global draw" in ML).

By the way, did you install ML first -- before TL, or did you just install TL?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hey Tupp.. I tried the test again, with some interesting results.. used this static.. https://vimeo.com/10893761 btw the link from before was a text file of the mediainfo results of the file.. 

anyways, tried the test a few more times, got some failures, first at a minute, then sooner.. the focus might have been off on some earlier ones, so less detail for the sensor.. the files that stopped were getting up to 120 Mbps, so I lowered it from 3.5 to 2.8x - giving more stable (3 min) recordings at around 60-65 Mbps .. pretty good I reckon for a 40 MB/s Sandisk Ultra card..  will try a faster card soon. 

I'm not 100% sure if I have TL or ML with the all-I.. it's a build from 2015.. 2015-08-22 nightly build according to the info screen..