Canon Picture Profiles 3rd Party

Rinad Amir

Hi everyone am wondering if anyone has used 3rd Party PP on Dslrs 

so far i found few on web that are popular among others 

1) Cinestyle by technicolor 

2) VisionColor & VisionTech 

i would appreciate some tips and how to shoot with proper exposure & wb ?

sorry for Noobish questions 

the gear am using is Canon 80D Sigma 18-35 & 50-100 1.8

cheers 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I recommend cinestyle if you want to be able to grade a bit in post
http://www.technicolor.com/en/solutions-services/cinestyle

and marvel's if you want to get the look in camera.
https://marvelsfilm.wordpress.com/marvels-cine-canon/

I think you can also use Vincent Laforet advices. That applies to the 5d mk2 but I think it is still relevant for you (please someone correct me if I'm wrong, never used the 80D yet)
http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/2012/03/12/setting-up-your-canon-5d-mkii-and-mkiii/

I'll second VisionTech - it's easily the best of the bunch by a long way.

But remember that you shouldn't grade too much with 8-bit H264 files, as they'll fall apart. You need to get it as close as you can in-camera, then adjust for contrast & saturation and/or very minor cc.

Cinestyle is absolute rubbish & looks rubbish, it requires you to grade the footage too much & you'll run into problems with 8-bit footage.

Yeah, i was gonna say I'd heard bad things about cinestyle. Thought I'd give it try anyway, but it was barely any flatter than just dialing it flat in camera. Would probably only use it with a lut that was made for it

7 hours ago, Michael Coffee said:

VisionTech seems easy to dial in all those classic teal colours.. something like magic bullet mojo seems to work really nicely with it. It warms up well too, it just seems to react best for me if you want to push the colours.

I just bought mojo during the red giant 25% off sale. Neat little plug in, I just wish they used the correct words instead of "punch it," slam it, finger ram it... Wait that's a different program...

But seriously, I always liked Prolost Flat. Since everybody had a rebel back then, if one of my friends showed up, you could just dial in the settings and you're good to go.