1DX Mark II CFast 2.0 cards?

Jaime Valles

Hello, gang! I just got a 1DX Mk II and I need some CFast cards for it. Does anyone know if these will work for shooting 4K 24p on the 1DXII?

https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Transcend-CFast-2.0-CFX600-flash-memory-card-256-GB-CFast-2.0/3409091.aspx?pfm=srh#PO

They're significantly cheaper than the faster cards, but I need to know if they'll work for 24p (I assume they won't work for 60p).

Thanks! :glasses:

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have no idea about this CFast model but I did take the risk an brought 2x 256 GB CFast Lexar 3400 (discontinued model) from ebay. I have taken more than 2 TB of video on the two cards and mostly all at 4k 60p with no issue so far. Here a thread that I started on fredmiranda: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1428459/0

Unfortunately since the 1dx II is out and probably the tread on fredmiranda the prices are going up like crazy... I did pay 300 USD each for the 256 GB.

There is a risk of course.

15 minutes ago, gt3rs said:

I have no idea about this CFast model but I did take the risk an brought 2x 256 GB CFast Lexar 3400 (discontinued model) from ebay. I have taken more than 2 TB of video on the two cards and mostly all at 4k 60p with no issue so far. Here a thread that I started on fredmiranda: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1428459/0

Unfortunately since the 1dx II is out and probably the tread on fredmiranda the prices are going up like crazy... I did pay 300 USD each for the 256 GB.

There is a risk of course.

I use those (3400) on the Ursa Mini and haven't had any problems.

I bought the Lexar 256gb CFast X 3400 from the seller on EBay. I used it mainly for video on my 1dxii but then this week gone, while shooting a graduation, the card failed. It would not load up or reformat in camera or in computer. I called Lexar who said they would replace it with the newer model x3500 which is recommended for the 1dxii. 

I'd suggest only using the x3400 Lexar cards for video on the 1dxii or better still just get the x3500 and have peace of mind.