How I got scammed through "Ebrahim Saadawi"

Timotheus

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
20 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Yeah, I also feel that I need more info. I'm not saying he is innocent, but nor do I have enough to say guilty. Even that message posted earlier is just one side and out of context.

Philip Bloom looked a whole lot guiltier than this but was still defended by the forum under the "innocent until proven guilty" principle.

I will hold on to my stone for a while.

(BTW, if it was a planed scam, where are all the others that also bought it?It sounds to me like a deal gone wrong. Ecatly who is to blame is the question. But it doesn't seem to be a big planned scam on any large scale.

Again, not defending anyone, just thinking out loud.)

Is this your way of saying that Phillip Bloom is involved in this alleged scam?

• Super Members
Just now, mercer said:

Is this your way of saying that Phillip Bloom is involved in this alleged scam?

Lol

Yes, him, Dougdale, Chris and Jordan are all in it to make couple of quick bucks on lens scams. All the videos they made are just a front.

And they would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those snooping forum people.

Sorry for the off topic, I will now sit quietly until Ebrahim replies.

But seriously, this is a tough one, there is no reason not to believe the OP's claims, but I don't believe Ebrahim and his family should be brought to the town square and stoned to death just yet either. Ebrahim has always seemed like an honorable person. I believe he's a frequent visitor so I'm sure his side of the story will come out soon enough. 

The problem is that if his accounts were hacked to make this scam, he will not be able to reply and the silence is seen as incriminating.

If this is a hacked account scam... I would suggest for the real Ebrahim to sign up to a new account, PM andrew his story along with some ID or evidence.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

The problem is that if his accounts were hacked to make this scam, he will not be able to reply and the silence is seen as incriminating.

If this is a hacked account scam... I would suggest for the real Ebrahim to sign up to a new account, PM andrew his story along with some ID or evidence.

He picked the money up with his real ID at Western Union, making another account doesn't make it untrue.

Honestly this "Go to his house and ruin his social life" stuff is very extreme for the crime that the rest of the family probably is not aware of and didn't involve physical or personal harm. Also evidence etc.

• Super Members

Ok, one more post then Im done until he answers.

I see three theories to what happened.

1. Exactly as its claimed. Ebrahim put out an ad for an object. When he got a buyer he took the money and never sent the item.
He didn't do it to multiple people. He didn't do it anonymously on eBay. He didn't do it with something expensive instead of an item worth like a sixth of what one of his camera bodys alone is worth. Or probably just a fraction of what his business that he has mention many times makes.
He just threw reputation, status and morale down the drain for a few lousy. 
Also waisting the opportunity to make some real money on selling a 1Dii or 1DC to ten different people at once.

2. Its a deal gone wrong. The item got lost in the mail, broke, got stolen, wasn't what the buyer expected, what have you.
Buyer wants a refund. Seller doesn't feel that is fair. Argument. More argument. And finally some open letter type of "revenge".
The message earlier could have been part of such a refund discussion and not an admission of guilt.

3. Hacked account of an unknown, grandson, what have you.

Again, Im not accusing anyone of anything, just not ready to pass judgement so quickly when I see three theories. 
Its not beyond reasonable doubt imo.

16 minutes ago, jase said:

things are going totally wrong here.. No way that this was his intension!

Ahh the Internet... Sarcasm and humor sometimes does not translate well. I was joking around with that comment... Unsure if you were with your reply?

42 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

He picked the money up with his real ID at Western Union, making another account doesn't make it untrue.

Were you there?  No one has ever made a fake id in a stable western first world country like Egypt?

26 minutes ago, photographer-at-large said:

That was four days ago.  He may not even know about the controversy.

6 minutes ago, Inazuma said:

I always felt the information he gave out on this forum was shoddy anyway. I'm sure at one point he even claimed the D750 was as sharp as the C100, which is not even close to the truth. 

But to throw away his reputation for £200 (if that?) is especially baffling. 

It must be true nobody likes Canon that much.

Yeah this whole thing seems very odd, a long time member with over 1400 reputation doing this. There have been warnings at DVXUser and RedUser over the past months warning about hacked account as there have been several instances of it happening. Someone gains access to the account, offers some items for sale and runs off with the money before the hacked person even knows what is going on.