How I got scammed through "Ebrahim Saadawi"

Timotheus

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

You can dislike him, your right : ) But, I'd like that any one of you could show us an example of a scammer behaving like him.

How many scammers are dumb enough to use an account tied to their real identity? 
His whole plan was to pretend that the vulnerability of an account used by Sr. and Jr. lead to a third party using the account, but he was entirely unprepared for people not taking him at his word on this.
He's only turned around because he knows that Ed and other posters have him by the balls, and even then it took reaching out to his family and friends to bring about this apology. 

3 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

You can dislike him, your right : ) But, I'd like that any one of you could show us an example of a scammer behaving like him ;-)

I'm guessing you haven't seen this kind of behavior before. That's fair. I certainly have. Liars, sociopaths, narcissists can very often come across as quite charming. But here's your chance, ED. Prove me wrong!

1 hour ago, Chrad said:

How many scammers are dumb enough to use an account tied to their real identity? 
His whole plan was to pretend that the vulnerability of an account used by Sr. and Jr. lead to a third party using the account, but he was entirely unprepared for people not taking him at his word on this.
He's only turned around because he knows that Ed and other posters have him by the balls, and even then it took direct action to bring about this 'heartfelt apology'. 

We should never mix his flaws (listen, nobody said he doesn't have a few of ones) with his goodwill to come back. Ed's fault? I also concur Ed and others here, even his detractors or others like Anthony (squig) or myself and many others, we all have tried and played our best in order to educate him. What's the beef with? None.

Insight is part of the process. Is he a different man of all of us? He is surely different but one of us at same time. I believe a man can see his errors and change without looking back. This is known as growing up. That's what we have here. A kid trying to be man. First, also a smart ass. Now, more honorable than before. He had to have other guys to spank him and offer a lesson. Oh yeah, the old school method and the quickest road in order to make a man straight out the last traces of childhood. A dangerous mix we've seen in this kid.

2 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

We should never mix his flaws -- listen, he has a few of ones, with his goodwill to come back. Ed's fault? I also concur Ed and others here, even his detractors or others like Anthony (squig) or myself and many others, we all have tried and played our best in order to educate him. What's the beef with? None.

Insight is part of the process. Is he a different man of all of us? He is surely different but one of us at same time. I believe a man can see his errors and change without looking back. This is known as growing up. That's what we have here. A kid trying to be man. First, also a smart ass. Now, more honorable than before. He had to have other guys to spank him and offer a lesson. Oh yeah, the old school method and the quickest road in order to make a man straight out the last traces of childhood. A dangerous mix we've seen in this kid.

Ebrahim Saawadi came back firstly to try to throw off suspicion, and then to try to throw people off his back when he started to see some real world ramifications for his crimes. 

He used this forum in a terrible way. He is not one of us, and he is not our friend.

16 minutes ago, dbp said:

I'm guessing you haven't seen this kind of behavior before. That's fair. I certainly have. Liars, sociopaths, narcissists can very often come across as quite charming. But here's your chance, ED. Prove me wrong!

It is not the point. I am older than most part of you, trust me, I have seen many things you still learn with life. Sorry my lack of humbleness here but to see many of you to put this topic in B&W makes me to produce a condescending smile at times : ) The point is that no one, me, you and many others won't see a scammer to act like that, to not run away as for instance. I didn't mention his lies or whatever else. I only said, his input in his most recent posts. It is not Ed who has to prove you anything, they are the facts to confirm it :-)

6 minutes ago, Chrad said:

Ebrahim Saawadi came back firstly to try to throw off suspicion, and then to try to throw people off his back when he started to see some real world ramifications for his crimes. 

He used this forum in a terrible way. He is not one of us, and he is not our friend.

I understand and agree with you. He can be not a friend of yours but he is one of us, both as member of this community and human being with flaws as all of us. To belong to a community is to accept everyone with their differences, even those ones we despise. You're lucky to be different of him in so many aspects, I am glad for you. But even a demon must have his chance for redemption. I give Ebrahim the benefit of doubt. I don't even believe he is a demon, not even close! :-)

The only problem with this most recent love fest is the unexplained FB post where he mocks Tomas for falling for the scam. That is not the behavior of a kid who made a stupid mistake out of desperation... but you guys want to give him a second chance?! You probably think it's your fault when your wives turn you into a cuckold too. 

Zach was banned for overly promoting his t2i in the goober way that he does and I don't hear any cries for his return, but you want to give a pathological liar that has repeatedly lied and stolen from this forum a group hug...

I know who to sell my next lens to. 

12 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

It is not the point. I am older than most part of you, trust me, I have seen many things you still learn with life. Sorry my lack of humbleness here but to see many of you to put this topic in B&W makes me to produce a condescending smile at times : ) The point is that no one, me, you and many others won't see a scammer to act like that, to not run away as for instance. I didn't mention his lies or whatever else. I only said, his input in his most recent posts. It is not Ed who has to prove you anything, they are the facts to confirm it :-)

Even though I disagree, at the end of the day you are choosing to see the good and giving him the benefit of the doubt, so I cannot fault you at all. Perhaps I am too cynical!

19 minutes ago, mercer said:

The only problem with this most recent love fest is the unexplained FB post where he mocks Tomas for falling for the scam. That is not the behavior of a kid who made a stupid mistake out of desperation... but you guys want to give him a second chance?! You probably think it's your fault when your wives turn you into a cuckold too. 

Zach was banned for overly promoting his t2i in the goober way that he does and I don't hear any cries for his return, but you want to give a pathological liar that has repeatedly lied and stolen from this forum a group hug...

We can't compare with Zach. To each his own. We should never compare apples to oranges. Or as you wish, a health orange (sorry mate to compare you to an orange : D) to a rotten apple (the same to you, Ebrahim : ) It is not even fair to Zach or we can even call it dishonorable to the American kid.

His FB message to Tomas is simply disgusting. But no one here says he is or we're expecting he may act as an angel. He's asking apologise for his actions. I defend he must have a second chance and a part of us, me, Ed and other ones here, we're fighting for his change! :-)

9 hours ago, jonpais said:

Are you by any chance Zach? What relevance do your videos have to do with this thread?

For starters, this is the funniest thing to engage me in ages. I started my time on this thread with promises or violence and as things progressed I realised this guy might be  real person and could harm himself from this public barrage so tried to talk him off the potential ledge. Then the more I thought about it, it made much more sense that this is part of a typical (or not typical) internet scam group, who have used several 'members' of their group to scam many different people over many different platforms, and i assure you its not just cameras. Setting up social accounts is the easiest thing in the world. Fake friends, real 'friends' its easy to build a profile and give the perception that you are a regular, respected member of a community just trying to sell some gear or need some money to save your sister or fall in love with a lonely single woman who might send you (your group) money to help get you closer to her.

What do my video links have to do with anything? Either you dont quite get western culture yourself and have no humour in your life or you cant see the pretty clear somewhat subliminal similarities of some of the clips to other posts on here or references to this ES himself that it would be a waste of time to explain these in the simple details needed to get the message across to you.

You kind of sound like one of those people who ask questions while youre watching the movie. 'whos that guy?' 'Why is she there?' ARGH!!! Watch the movie and you might find out!!!

ANYWAY...

The coming to America nightclub clip refers to the fact that there are multiple 'personalities' represented in the form of different women, just like this ES character seems to have several 'personalities' and 'lives' when we did a little deeper. He was this, he is that, he wants to be this and hes planning on being that. The best one is the tranny at the end who has been watching from the sidelines and now wants to eat them alive! 

As I said, lost on you it would seem.

Make no mistake and I would happily bet money on this, ES is not who he wants you to think he is. I could google images right now and post them on here saying this is me. Hell, this ES might actually have stolen the ID of the person he has posted as himself. The person in that ID photo might not even know hes had his ID stolen? Its a small world but its still a big world. You can go onto someones social and drag their images right onto your desktop and create your own account using those pics and the chances someone will work that out is very slim and even if they do, big deal, do it again with someone else.

Before you ask if it is hard to get a copy of someones ID, I (maybe stupidly) have sent a copy of my own license to prove my ID to someone buying gear off me. Pretty common thing to do.

Dont be naive. And how dare you even think to keep such a person in this community after committing a CRIME but ban someone who was a bit of a kook at worst. (I dont even know who Zach is???) but i am guessing he didnt steal money from other members. 

As someone else said, if someone comes into your house and steals from you, you then want to be their friend, even if they return the goods? Nup you break their fucking arm and teach them a lesson and drag them screaming by that broken arm to the police and hope he gets the phone book treatment. Thats how I would want to deal with it.

We assume the scammed were wealthy, and perhaps they are in comparison to this ES group but it is rude to assume they did not work hard for their money to buy gear they were passionate about. At the end of the day if you are born into comfortable western life, you should not be made to feel guilt for that! What are you meant to do? You play the hand you are dealt but in the same breath, if your hand isnt quite as good as someone else, taking from them unlawfully is WRONG and ILLEGAL.

I dont even have a clip in mind...

Oh and Ed, I would happily happily happily send money to buy into the producer rights for a potential film project on this. There must be 100 people within this thread and if we all put in the magic $200 (which is nothing because we are all wealthy westerners) thats a decent starting point to get something made. Call it percentage points and you just never know...

Having read through this topic and at times had some emotional response one way or another (and with a disposition to give the benefit of the doubt to the chief protagonist) I'd have to say that right now there has been no compelling evidence from 'ES' to support that particular case, only assertion, much of it conflicting (what happened to the supposed pregnancy op rationale for example - she looks rather too large for one). IDs can be and are stolen so posting some photos of an ID means very little. There is no 'evidence' presented that is conclusive one way or another. As pointed out earlier the last message from 'ES' appears to me to be mocking with a series of deliberate spelling mistakes to illustrate the point about making spelling mistakes. An open mind on this matter, I feel, cannot be convinced by anything from the 'ES' account. My guts scream BEWARE!

The argument covers both ways:

(1) It can be a case of stolen ID.

Unlikely to my perspective on facts we already have.

(2) It can be only the case of a kid in the wrong side of his own path.

I don't see any single fact to contradict but the latter one.

On the contrary, I only see we risk to wrongly fail in the first route when we rest all we know on the case (I'm sorry a few of you but that's the way I see it; other than that, a devious plot, mere fantasy : ) His clumsy show off only addresses to match the character of a fantasist kid IMO; for some reason his mind immersed in anything somehow film related; call him a goofy storyteller as you wish :-)

PS: I had a full experience of two years as lecturer in late 90s and beginning of last decade in two different renown institutions (a private University and a state Polytechnic Institute, respectively). I can recall the case of my students (a couple of them in their late teens or 20s) trying to cheat me with work made by someone else, their relatives, friends, suchlike. Ebrahim's case reminds me those stories. I had no patience to listen such cheating characters -- in one case, academic year of 2001-2002, a student tried to convince the Academic Board of her honesty against my well-grounded certitude (she had been unable to tell me basic details such as shutter speed/aperture/focal length etc used in her lovely photographic work to nail a professional sober look instead!), so, for some reason I dropped the towel and left a useless career after all. 

3 hours ago, mercer said:

That's too bad. He seemed smart and passionate and had his own aesthetic views. I always liked the t2i, too. I did my best work with that camera.

I hope he translates his enthusiasm into storytelling and making a short and if he's exiled from this site he forgets its fixation on quantitative metrics. He's honest–too honest. And if too much honesty gets you banned while sociophatic dishonesty gives you empathy, well... I suppose it's good the best of us was banned. He won't get scammed by a sociopath.

I hope he forgets it all and makes the next Tiny Furniture. The first step is living a life interesting enough to make a film about. That life isn't lived here. Godspeed, Zach. Wherever you are. I look forward to your opus, but think big. The world is huge. Or think small. Our basest emotions run more in common with other people than we ever dare to admit... Admit it–publicly–and you hit a chord.

1 hour ago, Ed_David said:

The game right now is empathy and patience.

Let's all hold back the comments until tomorrow.

If ES does mail the rangefinder, he will have done something probably none of us would have done - stayed on this forum, in front of a pack of wolves, and tried to do the right thing.

I reached my limit of likes to try to let my thumbs up :-)

3 hours ago, mercer said:

Zach was banned for overly promoting his t2i in the goober way that he does and I don't hear any cries for his return

I thought I did read in a recent post that Zach was banned, but I sort of thought it was an off-handed joke, not really the truth. 

Truly, his worst sin, if you even want to call it that, was that he was wildly naive and earnest; dash in a heap of ignorance.  Quite honestly, after three dozen pages of this thread I think we all deserve some of his sort of youthful alt-reality.  I'd welcome some of those types of halcyon days at this stage of my life, believe me.

The wonderful insane messiness of all this stew we read here is why this site is actually interesting.  Banning Zach seems like a bit of a take-away from that vibe.  You don't get this sort of juice from sanitized corporate curated websites.

40 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

I thought I did read in a recent post that Zach was banned, but I sort of thought it was an off-handed joke, not really the truth. 

Truly, his worst sin, if you even want to call it that, was that he was wildly naive and earnest; dash in a heap of ignorance.  Quite honestly, after three dozen pages of this thread I think we all deserve some of his sort of youthful alt-reality.  I'd welcome some of those types of halcyon days at this stage of my life, believe me.

The wonderful insane messiness of all this stew we read here is why this site is actually interesting.  Banning Zach seems like a bit of a take-away from that vibe.  You don't get this sort of juice from sanitized corporate curated websites.

Agreed. He was the greatest voice on the site. But I also feel that if he was at odds with it, he might be better off articulating his voice in a more meaningful medium, like film.