How I got scammed through "Ebrahim Saadawi"

Timotheus

- There is no doubt that this is a scam.

- No doubt Ebrahim, assumes various identities or personalities.

The point is no longer just about the scam Ebraim, which is already established, but the way it evolves with each new information that appears.

Finally the community participating in this forum, it's part of this story and the actions you decide on Ebrahim, will have an impact, at least in the virtual world.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 minutes ago, Fritz Pierre said:

members keep referring to him as the 19 year old kid....we have no idea how old he is...

He has also been referring himself as 21 and the supposed father/grandpa 63 in some other post IIRC, so I guess that 19 remark pops up from his outdated signature written two years ago, once he comes to be referred in some other sources as 21-year old individual.

You see, Ebrahim? You've already become such a legend...! : D

Google ChromeScreenSnapz041.jpg

When seeing this kind of message it makes me think he either is a total nut, or this is a larger scheme involving several people and scams elsewhere. If someone has the time he could investigate the friends and see if they together form a scamming scheme.

These days of social media scams have to be more elaborate. It could be that they have formed a group of guys and made up a fictional group identity, with every social media possible. You always see the same guys, even on the wedding. the wedding fotos make no sense because there are only 6 adults, the rest are the guys from the rest of fotos. Thats not your typical egyptian wedding where every single family member is invited (even in poor weddings).  The only strange part is that he keeps coming back.

Ed, don't cut your efforts, there is more to it ;)

Also someone who knows more about egypt will probably tell us that they don't use english like in Hong Kong, because that's what his social media looks like. 

It's patently obvious he (they) are still completely bullshitting at every turn, easy solution - email every person connected to them on social media, get their address, send a copy of the "admission to the crimes" to Western Union as evidence (as they will investigate the fraud also independently) and the authorities in Egypt, and get back to normal (now) slightly mundane camera service lol.

19 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

Google ChromeScreenSnapz041.jpg

When seeing this kind of message it makes me think he either is a total nut, or this is a larger scheme involving several people and scams elsewhere. If someone has the time he could investigate the friends and see if they together form a scamming scheme.

These days of social media scams have to be more elaborate. It could be that they have formed a group of guys and made up a fictional group identity, with every social media possible. You always see the same guys, even on the wedding. the wedding fotos make no sense because there are only 6 adults, the rest are the guys from the rest of fotos. Thats not your typical egyptian wedding where every single family member is invited (even in poor weddings).  The only strange part is that he keeps coming back.

Ed, don't cut your efforts, there is more to it ;)

Also someone who knows more about egypt will probably tell us that they don't use english like in Hong Kong, because that's what his social media looks like. 

The most funny would be to conclude that assessment may be pretty accurate in the end. A bunch of international scammers. What a plot!

LOL

And you, Ebrahim, why don't you come here again to put your input in such fair doubts? ;-)

No one can reasonably believe your grandpa ever posted over these pages, maybe he isn't even able to speak a word of English... What do you say on topic without any of that customary BS?

Well, if it turns out to be true, Andrew could hand out the info to the german authorities because these guys are most probably planning their way to Mamma Merkel. (I am dentist refugeeee, I demand protection vs real syrian families)

lol gotta admit some of these conspiracies are entertaining.. y'all got vivid minds.. i admit his whole IG account seems fake.. random pics with hashtags and conveniently placed pics of the lenses he's used to bait scam.. we know he's stolen footage before.. then again that account goes 3 years deep.. so wtf.. could this really just be some poor egyptian low-life kid with daddy issues.. that invented himself a fantasy mentor and pedigree (notice how on here he would always bring up his 20 years in the motion industry etc) just out of some kind of inferiority complex.. and that one day he just decided to turn on the community and pull a hustle in order to upgrade from his shitty rebel T3 ?!

I doubt he's been planning the scam for years. It's far more likely in my opinion that he's been on the forum as a contributor and realized one day recently that he'd be able to get some money. A few thousand dollars is a lot of money to a young person in Egypt, as he's already admitted.

Just a dumb guy trying to make a fast buck.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

I am sorting it out with the three who got scammed and they'll get their money/rights back. End of story. If that didn't happen, they have every right to contact police or crucify me. Please let this be between us. 

13 hours ago, Lee Kelly said:

ok ok this one is kind of relevant also. Everyone of these is ES.

As I said, if nothing else, watch the film its amazing!

Are you by any chance Zach? What relevance do your videos have to do with this thread?

18 minutes ago, Ebrahim Saadawi said:

I am sorting it out with the three who got scammed and they'll get their money/rights back. End of story. If that didn't happen, they have every right to contact police or crucify me. Please let this be between us. 

Hey Ebrahim, listen I have been a fan of your posts for the past couple years. They made me look at tech and craft in a new light. I never even knew there were supposedly two of you. I appreciate you are making attempts to right this wrong with the 3 people directly affected by your actions, but you must understand that your words had a lot of credibility on this site... so you cannot blame the forum for being interested and invested with these events. So, in a lot of ways we are all victims of this scam. There is an unwritten trust in these forums and unfortunately you have yet to answer the basic of questions. I think if you were to answer, HONESTLY, the following couple questions, it may clear up some things for some of the members...

1. Does your grandfather exist in the capacity he was represented in this forum?

2. Does you or your grandfather have the first hand knowledge with all of these cameras, or was it theoretical at best and in some instances just a lot copy and pasting?

3. Do you truly admit to scamming these people, or are you just admitting to it, because you feel bullied and you are just telling the forum what it wants to hear to end the ridicule?

4. If you did perform this scam, then why? Your last excuse does not add up, in fact, almost everything you have said since the beginning of this does not add up, so what is the REAL TRUTH?

5. What gives you the right to believe that you can con hundreds of people into believing you are something that you are not and then steal money from members of this forum and other forums and then think that we should just drop it because all of the sudden you are claiming to do the right thing?

Answer these questions and I will stop posting in this thread... honestly your stories are getting quite boring now anyway but I believe we deserve the right to know the truth.

46 minutes ago, Ebrahim Saadawi said:

Yes and no. The proof is that you committed a public crime, with years of membership in this community where you reached the highest rank beyond the owner of the site, hence the rage over here. What would you be expecting for?

In the past, you'd have dozens of likes each neutral post of yours... LOL Who dares today?

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

So what should I do to make this right? (not get my reputation or participate here again as this ship has saled) but to avoid getting mentally, physically, legally insulted. What should I do and I'll do it to end this other than repaying and satisfying those who were scammed, please? I am truly asking for advice.