How I got scammed through "Ebrahim Saadawi"

Timotheus

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

In such case, it would be more a case of professional help than a criminal case. So, let's have some pity on this dude, I guess, no? ;-)

There seems to be so much hope that we can all wrap our arms around poor @Ebrahim Saadawi and make him better.  Make him a good member of EOSHD (and the other forums he has hunted in).

This is someone who lied and stole from at least three people. If he wasn't stealing from naive Westerners on forums he would be stealing from naive Westerners in Tahir Square, or by the Pyramids.

15 minutes ago, DevonChris said:

There seems to be so much hope that we can all wrap our arms around poor @Ebrahim Saadawi and make him better.  Make him a good member of EOSHD (and the other forums he has hunted in).

This is someone who lied and stole from at least three people. If he wasn't stealing from naive Westerners on forums he would be stealing from naive Westerners in Tahir Square, or by the Pyramids.

Sorry mate but I don't buy such POV. It simply doesn't match my values : )

I've met people from all over the world. I've even defended "naive Westerners", such as a couple in vacations from a native town (coincidences happen!) of a good friend of mine now (made on dvxuser & reduser) from "third_world* demons" :-)

So, dishonest people I find in all latitudes and longitudes.

* Actually, they were native Romans to live in Rome.

So, I may be picking up an xc10 for some personal and hopefully small professional projects. I was planning on shooting the majority of my stuff in C-Log... ETTRd... Partially due to the authority and eloquence in which ES had spoke of it in the past, but after all of this talk about the scam and his questionable theories, I decided to research ETTR C-Log.

One of the first Google search results is the following article (link below) In it you will find his theory and screengrab examples... One shot even being of ES himself... I believe.

This was from back in Jan '15. I'm curious to know what his rating was before this post... Or even how quickly his ratings rose compared to when he signed up for eoshd. 

Guys. A few deep breaths might be helpful. Believe me, I am as angry as anyone here and I want to be compensated. Ebrahim has committed himself to do something about that in the coming day, and providing evidence of it. We shall see about that quickly enough.

Regardless, there is the issue of proportionality one how one should respond, certainly if you're not directly affected. Who decides what the 'punishment' should be and who should deliver it? I think @dhessel made some similar remarks. I feel this community (and it's administrators) can decide how to deal with the situation here. Whether that means a ban or keeping this thread on the site can be debated.

Reaching out to a large pool of strangers (Ebrahim's contacts) and dragging them into this mess might be a bit much at this point, though. But that's just my 2 cents ... (or actually $275...blegh).

19 minutes ago, Timotheus said:

Guys. A few deep breaths might be helpful. Believe me, I am as angry as anyone here and I want to be compensated. Ebrahim has committed himself to do something about that in the coming day, and providing evidence of it. We shall see about that quickly enough.

Regardless, there is the issue of proportionality one how one should respond, certainly if you're not directly affected. Who decides what the 'punishment' should be and who should deliver it? I think @dhessel made some similar remarks. I feel this community (and it's administrators) can decide how to deal with the situation here. Whether that means a ban or keeping this thread on the site can be debated.

Reaching out to a large pool of strangers (Ebrahim's contacts) and dragging them into this mess might be a bit much at this point, though. But that's just my 2 cents ... (or actually $275...blegh).

Totally agree about proportionality, however finding ways to reveal Ebrahim's criminal activities to his friends and family is likley to be the best way of stopping him being a thief (and getting the money back).

If he comes from a good family he would bring huge dishonour and shame to his family if he was outed as a criminal. If he has decent, law abiding friends, they are likley to think very badly of him.

The force of family in Egyptian society is huge.  At the moment his activities are hidden from his family and friends. Woe betide him if his family knew what he was really like.

1 hour ago, Snowfun said:

wow.. i could tell this kid had mental issues but that is some next level borderline sociopath character traits.. talk about self analysis lol.. this whole case is definitely odd.. being an active member on a forum for years, then a quick meltdown with scamming, gloating, ridiculous cover up.. and admission of guilt.. definitely not your ordinary scammer.. did this kid really think he'd get away with this.. or is it one big self-destructive path? i mean we've all been young and done dumb things but this really takes the cake.. theft in the middle east is no petty crime either so i'm really stunned by such foolishness .. really this can only be explained by severe mental disorder which really is quite sad, especially since there seems to be an intelligent side to him considering some of his contributions. but i wouldn't take pity on him either. he lied to you guys for years.. scammed people, gloated about it.. and we don't even know yet the exact magnitude of it.. i still think he's just trolling for attention and this thread is like his biggest accomplishment..

23 hours ago, Ebrahim Saadawi said:

This is Ebrahim Ebrahim Saadawi junior. The 19 year-old one. 

I'll do the right thing and end this investigation and reputation travesty.

I lied. I scammed these three people out of the lens payment money. around 600$ 300$ each as you can see in their posts. 

I was desperate. I actually needed the cash to pay for my sister's pregnancy operation and hospital fees and just found no other way to do it other than let her face death at home. 

I lied. And I am sorry to all of those involved. I am a kid and I do stupid things. 

But let's end this please as it's giving me severe depression and now understand how teenagers could take their lives about cyber bullying but now I totally understand. It's unexplainably hurtful to be in a spot of shame and mockery. 

I love this place and spend some of my funnest time here and I made a lot of friends, learnt and contributed to thousands of people with love and passion. 

Now I lost all of it for a stupid childish mistake. 

I think confessing is the right thing to do. 

I will make this right. I will send the lens to Tomas and Tim for now. The two agreed to have it and sell it and split the cash and let it be. 

And I really, really, promise I will refund the rest through every penny I make. In small amounts of in large. As much as I can. I like to think you know me enough to trust me,

I am deeply sorry. 

I am sorry to everyone. If I have one request, just for the sake of our long friendship and my contributions here with Andrew over three years, is that I really really want this thread to get deleted as I just can't take this anymore. it's destroying me. 

This is the whole simple truth for everyone who's been searching for it in these 250 posts. You now have it. So please, I urge you to stop. 

This is my confession, so that I can finally be able to sleep at night with a clear conscious. 

I can't type any more in this state of tears and tremors and will fall asleep now knowing that I did and will do the right thing no matter what the consequences might be.

But I sincerely hope that I wake up in the morning and find this topic non existent. And let me deal with those involved privately in PM. Please. I beg you, Andrew. 

I will make this right and return anything I've taken to those who were hurt. I am sorry.

*This has nothing to do with my grandfather Ebrahim Saadawi Sr and any guilt is completely upon me. 

http://www.desktop-documentaries.com/10-elements-of-a-high-quality-image.html

Says you're 21 in this article oops 

54 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

The next step will be faking his own death, I can already see this.

He will change his IG,FB accounts, then he will come here and say "hello, this is ebrahims brother/uncle/cousin/friend bla bla bla". 

It's possible. @Ebrahim Saadawi: I have a strong short film about Blood donation that's probably going to be ended in a week or so

Funny thing is this guy that knew so much info about cameras etc. had no work or production credits we could find on the internet "owned" a bunch of high end bodies but was a radiology doc making non existent films with his 19 year old grandson ? I knew the guy was bullshit but admittedly he was so convincing I dont think anyone ever fact checked the things he said.

now im watching him dance around the idea of refunding this guy his money with all these sob stories and what not. You think his statements would stand up in court ? I dont need any more info to know this is a scam and please keep in mind this has probably been going on with multiple people for years.

Well the problem with being caught in one lie is...when does one ever recognize the truth afterwards....members keep referring to him as the 19 year old kid....we have no idea how old he is...to me it looks like someone extremely calculating...observing every post on this thread...including Ed's as to how he obtained the confession (FWIW kudos to Ed for his efforts on his own time to get some refund for the guys scammed in this)...then coming back with "I was scammed" again, after some members reacted in sympathy..."I have no money pay back"...after some members suggested a group contribution to pay back the scammed..."from my allowance"...to imply a teenager, though would have to be from a wealthy family in Egypt to receive one...the truth is we have no idea who we're dealing with here and in the absence of that, warning tags to any of his posts would be a good idea...and ultimately Andrew and law enforcement getting involved...someone committed a crime, and its not up to the members commenting on what that money meant to the ones who were scammed...it was their loss...and one way or another, it is important that this person does not scam more people and it's damaging to this forum if someone gets a reference of gear on Google directing them to EOSHD with his name, and no warning tag...as he may list gear on other forums we don't know about...and scam those people because they saw comments by him on EOSHD...so whether ES exists...in whatever guise...he knows he has a limited time to sell something again...somewhere, and it's a very "convenient" time now, as Andrew is away on a shoot in a remote location...

1 hour ago, Timotheus said:

I still dont understand why you guys dont just freeze your cc and call it a day.

Or raise some money from friends. Are you too embarrassed to admit what happened?  

Or maybe you really are fools and paid in cash or with a wire transfer from your bank even though even when you do this your bank warns you.

You come on this site to warn us then think a scam artist is going to give you the rangefinder to split?

And yet hasnt done it yet and yet clearly is in dental school and has very excellent english skills 

Probably a better writer than me.

Hes easily middle class or higher.

Hes playing the superman theory from crime and punishment and hes laughing at you and everyone else.

Hes a troll.

The only way to stop a troll is to embarass him in the real world.

Im not going to.

If you guys dont have the balls to do this...you are even more acting like fools.

I completely agree now w es's gloating.

Now do you want to man up?  Or just think the world is a lovely safe place w wonderful people who always tell the truth and give you their word?

Listen i got involved because i dont like when people f with me.

And i look out for my tribe.

His dad has passed away. His godfather is real. You can easily find out more on your own or with a friend who knows arabic or a journalist.

If you dont go to work now its over.

Youll never get to his brother or sister or godfather.

Already interest is waning.

In 5 more days our short attention spans will be gone.