How I got scammed through "Ebrahim Saadawi"

Timotheus

8 hours ago, Ed_David said:

Youre right

Damn what a day

Now im off to jail

I never quit while im ahead!

See you guys in 10 years. 8 years w good behavior

But honestly - read the next messages in thread - just trying to keep myself out of jail!

Hey, I see someone here reaching out to a forum member gone wrong - there were alot of us here who held back info, kept it private, including Ed. 

Ed also kept this quiet until ES did the right thing, and fessed up.. 

It shows me why I love this forum so much, most forums wouldn't have dealt with this as well I think.

Sure people disagree and argue a bit here, but it usually blows over quickly and gets sorted out.. and censorship seems rarely required. 

I am a little suprised so many were quick to leap up in defense of ES's earlier smokescreens - it speaks of how much trust forum reputation can mean, and how we bond with others that spend inordinate amounts of time looking at camera specs, lenses etc! 

7 hours ago, Ed_David said:

I just reviewed my private message exchange with ES.  I was being a dick.

I suck.

I'm out.

Hey, ES's fairly obvious bs stories had me pretty incensed, and if you were a dick I'm sure it's nowhere near what a dumb ass ES has been! 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, Ebrahim Saadawi said:

Yes that's the whole problem. 300$ is a ton of money for me a young 19 year-old (studying so even cannot work) to pay for James. But I will do it. Over my dead body. In small sums from my entire allowance. I'll accept to live with zero money but I just want to end this.  And the Rangefinder was in my grandpa's gear. I'll send it off to Tomas and Tim in the next few days. They agreed to be paid that way. It's just James 330$ now I will try to gather. 

You don't have to earn the money, just return it. You still have it, and if not, return what you bought wih it. We all know that your sisters abortion is a lie.

You wanted to scam people, but you were soooooo stupid to use your actual name having photos all over the internet. I mean, its so retarded it doesn't even seem real.

Return the money, you will have to find another way to be respected. You made the wrong bet, reading camera specs for two years instead of reading your textbooks. There are no tricks, scam artists, rappers, lottery, basketball, drug selling, it's all a lie, no shortcut for the poor.

.. just caught up with the entire thread.. here are my thoughts having the whole thing fresh into perspective: "ES" is a troll. He's a narcissistic kid with borderline multiple personality syndrome. as someone else pointed this isn't too surprising or even uncommon in the film making realm (having multiple characters, drama, plot twists, improvisation). "ES" at some point even said something like "gotta admit this would make a good film script". well except not. i knew from post #1 the "grandson" did it (actually that was OP's assertion as well). "ES" probably got a huge kick at the people lynching him but also defending him.. hence the troll. FWIW i always knew from day one here this character was fishy. as other also noticed, his signature. the whole 19-year old noob & wise old grandpa under the same account screamed bi-polar syndrome. maybe this guy forgot to take his meds hence the meltdown. and i say this because the oddest thing is that from the little i've interacted with "ES" he does seem to really know his shit concerning a thing or two (usually evolving around Canon EOS cams). That being said the obsession with the 1DC and long winded monologues about filmic properties always appeared quite odd from a mental state. If i were to guess, this guy is neither 19 or 80.. probably somewhere in between. Oh and guys, do not believe a word he's said in this thread, including the heartfelt confession. it's all an act IMO. the guy is a compulsive liar. there is no grandpa and definitely no prego sister. what is real though is the scam, and I really hope the people affected will get compensated. I would definitely report this to police authorities. And one more thing, having been to Africa and having actually dealt with Western Union there, i can confirm it's quite shady. Basically operated by your corner store owner. In between corruption, prominence of fake IDs, lack of enforcement etc.. it's no wonder why these types of "419 scams" thrive in that region... i mean if this guy really used his real name to scam all those people then he really is the dumbest kid on earth lol.. 

6 hours ago, Ed_David said:

So with this logic (and correct me if I'm wrong) - the scam artist made about $7,500, based on standard of living in Egypt (rough estimate) 

I get your point but I have to correct you on this. You are only partialy right here because it doesn't mean that all the goods are 10 times cheaper if you live in a country where your average salary is 10 times lower.

35 pages is a bit much for me, I have films to finish!

Suffice to say, never send money through Western Union for a purchase.

Just don't do it. Do not reason with yourself that it "may be OK" and so on. Private transaction are always conducted at some risk... but...

DO NOT SEND MONEY VIA WESTERN UNION FOR INTERNET PURCHASES

Even if this all ends up fine, the lesson must be learned.

With regard to moderator action, I'm not best placed to catch up with this at the moment I'm afraid due to workload. I trust another moderator will be shortly.

For now though, since this thread (bizarre as it is) includes an admission of guilt, it should not be deleted until the financial aspects are resolved satisfactoraly.

Better Mods abstain to do anything. It is up to Andrew to do something if any. With ups and downs / downs and ups, IMO the thread goes very successful so far. There was a triple scam and the community has handled the matter on your behalf and in benefit of people getting scammed, as well, the scammer kid in order to provide him a fair lesson of life. It is up to him now and ever to succeed.

PS: Funny, that's my 444 forum post, arrived here: *no more reason to cry out for banding free!* : D

I have monitored this every day read every post and I have left it all running while Andrew has been away filming,

I think the forum handled it very well , we have all been lied to over a long period of time by the highest rated member on the forum ,

A crime has been comitted with a web of lies and forum member are victims of this crime.

ES has no loyalty to EOSHD or its members we are all pawns to his game , he didn't care who he scammed the money from.

I would ban him with out hesitation.  everyone scammed MUST be refunded asap.

An example must be shown we will not tolerate this on the forum we all love and contribute so much to.

ES fate lies in Andrew's hands its his forum. 

I think there are valuable lessons that have been learnt in this thread and that it should not be deleted when the items have been refunded.

ES deserves for his name to be immortalised as a scammer because it is very likely that he will find other ways to scam people in the future and hopefully the presence of this thread in the search engines may protect his potential victims in the future.

1 hour ago, jgharding said:

For now though, since this thread (bizarre as it is) includes an admission of guilt, it should not be deleted until the financial aspects are resolved satisfactoraly.

Which will likely never happen. Thus the thread should remain. 

And as many people have pointed out, it is best to keep the thread up to help prevent future such scams from occurring. 

Fact 1 : ES is a criminal who went to great lengths to steal from affluent people

Fact 2 : ES lied repeatedly and extensively. He is not to be trusted at all.

Fact 3 : There is severe poverty in Egypt (I have been several times). $200 to someone ln Egypt could represent several months wages. This is a lot of money, well worth the effort to set up elaborate scams

Fact 4 : ES was found out this time, but it is very likely that he will scam rich Westerners again, perhaps with more skill.

Don't trust him at all and try and prevent his criminal activity in the future.

I feel like ES should be given a new tag or a message in his signature warning people that the content of his posts may contain fiction, with a link to this thread. A lot of less experienced people visit this site for advice, myself included, and anyone finding a thread here after some Googling would see a highly rated member and assume their opinion to be of value.

I am 98% positive ES friends on his instagram page are real.

Here is me interacting with them - and they don't take very kindly to me, which is further proof they are his real, true friends

here's their tags:

@dr_omarmohammed@tarekfouda @fashellove @ahmedmansi@ahmedelhabibi @abdullahashraf0@elemam94 @ghalyyy93

@eman_saadawi@gellesh 

the kid is not a real scammer.  And he still has up his IG account and has it public:

https://www.instagram.com/ebrahimsaadawi/

go on there and find who likes his stuff, his followers, and even his professor, Dr. Sheta.

If everyone went on there and started contacting them - they would know it's more than just me.  Right now they think I'm crazy - but if it was 10, 15 people - they would probably start getting concerned.

I think this is the only path to actually truly get the money back from ES.

You can call the cops, you can send private dectectives - that may work.

But I know this will truly work.

Again, he's not your standard scam artist.

He's a real person - yea a lier, but a real person with a heart.

I can really say this time, I'm out.

And I need to be out. 

I wasted basically probably 15 hours on this.  I don't have time for this any more.

There is more to life than some stupid kid in Egypt.

And this point, he deserves more and more to have the real world do an intervention on this kid.

Not this dorky army I'm part of - online camera dslr nerd site.

Google ChromeScreenSnapz041.jpg

36 minutes ago, Chrad said:

I feel like ES should be given a new tag or a message in his signature warning people that the content of his posts may contain fiction, with a link to this thread. A lot of less experienced people visit this site for advice, myself included, and anyone finding a thread here after some Googling would see a highly rated member and assume their opinion to be of value.

Well seen indeed. But, let's not buy the drama, OK?

No clue what your experience, guys, in business is, as matter of fact, but more than twenty years of route in the industry tells me that you're more able to find crooks than honest people. So, that's life. He's just a kid, a smart ass, whatever bad names you want to call him, but he's just a flawed human being, after all. No need to fry him in a pan.

Ebrahim, you're a lucky one... Imagine if you had lived this life in the middle age! ;-)

9 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

I am 98% positive ES friends on his instagram page are real.

Here is me interacting with them - and they don't take very kindly to me, which is further proof they are his real, true friends

here's their tags:

@dr_omarmohammed@tarekfouda @fashellove @ahmedmansi@ahmedelhabibi @abdullahashraf0@elemam94 @ghalyyy93

@eman_saadawi@gellesh 

the kid is not a real scammer.  And he still has up his IG account and has it public:

https://www.instagram.com/ebrahimsaadawi/

go on there and find who likes his stuff, his followers, and even his professor, Dr. Sheta.

If everyone went on there and started contacting them - they would know it's more than just me.  Right now they think I'm crazy - but if it was 10, 15 people - they would probably start getting concerned.

I think this is the only path to actually truly get the money back from ES.

You can call the cops, you can send private dectectives - that may work.

But I know this will truly work.

Again, he's not your standard scam artist.

He's a real person - yea a lier, but a real person with a heart.

I can really say this time, I'm out.

And I need to be out. 

I wasted basically probably 15 hours on this.  I don't have time for this any more.

There is more to life than some stupid kid in Egypt.

And this point, he deserves more and more to have the real world do an intervention on this kid.

Not this dorky army I'm part of - online camera dslr nerd site.

Google ChromeScreenSnapz041.jpg

Well, let's set the deadline, and then go full. If we do the damage now there will be no reason to refund the money.