How I got scammed through "Ebrahim Saadawi"

Timotheus

1 minute ago, HelsinkiZim said:

Ebrahim, if you make a short film about this I will pay the vimeo streaming fee to watch it and I am sure all of us will.

Make it honest, make it real, give us a cliffhanger...

Make a film with all your emotion and anxiety, thats why we are here. To help each other be naked.

You will make your money easily, but you must make the film next week or we will have all moved on...

That last line is both terrific and terrible to the guy who may come to produce it.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, Ed_David said:

You are right

I apologize to everyone.

I didnt see it that way.

I honestly started it cause i thought one of the posters was going to beat him up

But yea my anger at him for scamming got the best of me

Anyway justice will be served.

And this is it.

Sorry eoshd.

Im out.

Any one of us could have done the same thing, I probably would have by now. It was well deserved public humiliation, not waterboarding. At that point we had enough evidence to convict, and we had given him ample opportunity to confess, instead he insulted us with more lies. I don't like where this is going with the Ed bashing. Don't forget who the antagonist is in this story. I showed Ed, Andrew, and a few others a compilation of ES's BS posts that I haven't posted publicly. At the time Ed acted, the ads were still live here and on dvxuser, more people could've been ripped off if Jack Bauer didn't act.

4 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

That last line is both terrific and terrible to the guy who may come to produce it.

I guess so. Sometimes I cannot help but think like a salesman producer. Which is why I hire directors when I can afford it. We are all needed, no?

8 minutes ago, HelsinkiZim said:

Ebrahim, if you make a short film about this I will pay the vimeo streaming fee to watch it and I am sure all of us will.

Make a film with all your emotion and anxiety, thats why we are here. To help each other be naked.

You will make your money easily, but you must make the film next week or we will have all moved on...

I would love to see this entire thread in documentary form.  Don't forget youtube.  Put it on YouTube, run ads.  Try to get it on reddit front page.  BAM.  That's like a good $100 right there.  After that, a short 5-10 min video every day for a year, and you will have yourself a cool $1000.

3 hours ago, Emanuel said:

I have human compassion and willingness on him, not on those who have created the creature, though ; )

The most funny is to see in that 'likes list' names of usual posters but out of this one here... not even for a single post! Other reputable posters... ;-)

Yeah, but would you trust him with the keys to your gear closet.

8 minutes ago, Michael Ma said:

I would love to see this entire thread in documentary form.  Don't forget youtube.  Put it on YouTube, run ads.  Try to get it on reddit front page.  BAM.  That's like a good $100 right there.  After that, a short 5-10 min video every day for a year, and you will have yourself a cool $1000.

I've saved up to page 28 as pdfs, I am going to try write something. I am a horrible writer, so anyone that wants to collaborate I am in.

I downloaded the serial podcast after Aronchicago mentioned it on page one or two and this could so work as a riff on that. I have been listening all weekend.

I could do the voice over, I have a condenser set up, we just need to work out a script.

Who wants to do this?

10 minutes ago, Michael Ma said:

And yes I get your sarcasm, I was thinking more along the lines of something fun. Is that so taboo to want to do something fun and timely?

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi
49 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

I think Ebrahim, just borrow some money.  Sell some things. Start sending over what you have.

Use paypal - it works out of Egypt. Transfer as a gift.

I think get your friends involved.  Pool some money.  Sell some books or something.

And yes, sell your camera.  I have a Canon T2i if you want it.  I never use it.  It's not much but it does raw.

I hope all of us can forgive you in our heart for what you have done.

You staying here, starting a dialogue is a brave and important step.

That should be worth something.

What you did was horrible, but I was thinking about it on the drive today - I may have done something like that myself if I was broke and young.  I don't think I would have, but the thought probably would have crossed my mind, especially if I was broke.

Anyway, I'm proud of you staying on this to deal with this.

And I hope others will forgive, especially after you return their money.

I truly have no money to pay for James right now. I have may have 500 pounds (equivalent to 50-ish$) coming in days but these will be paid for the shipping of the RF to Tim and Tomas. Then I will wait for any money, I have some coming on 23rd this month (in days) which I'll send some from, I will even pay from my allowance, I won't spend a penny, all will go to James until he's satisfied.  

I just need this to be between us and not go to anyone I know here/friends/family. I know you don't believe me but I truly was scammed. But that's irrelevant. I accept you don't believe me. And I will fully pay back all the money they're been scammed for. 

I hope this would be agreed upon and everyone would understand it's an issue between us. and I hope even SOME emphasize with my situation that's making me unable to writ on a keyboard out of cheer sadness. But again. I hope this solution is accepted   

3 minutes ago, Ebrahim Saadawi said:

I truly have no money to pay for James right now. I have may have 500 pounds (equivalent to 50-ish$) coming in days but these will be paid for the shipping of the RF to Tim and Tomas. Then I will wait for any money, I have some coming on 23rd this month (in days) which I'll send some from, I will even pay from my allowance, I won't spend a penny, all will go to James until he's satisfied.  

I just need this to be between us and not go to anyone I know here/friends/family. I know you don't believe me but I truly was scammed. But that's irrelevant. I accept you don't believe me. And I will fully pay back all the money they're been scammed for. 

I hope this would be agreed upon and everyone would understand it's an issue between us. and I hope even SOME emphasize with my situation that's making me unable to writ on a keyboard out of cheer sadness. But again. I hope this solution is accepted   

Dude, you didn't watch it. Shame.

Here is is again.

It answers all of your questions.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi
26 minutes ago, HelsinkiZim said:

I have a strong short film about Blood donation that's probably going to be ended in a week or so :) 

Just now, Ebrahim Saadawi said:

I have a strong short film about Blood donation that's probably going to be ended in a week or so :) 

Nice, that's a good start. But here you have an eye of the tiger situation. Everyone wants to know who YOU are.

I know you may feel shy, but forget about all the shaming, think like a filmmaker. Document whats happening now in your world on cell, whatever, and release it. Don't worry about perfecting it, just give us you artistic statement about what led you to do what you did, what you felt after, and what you plan to do.

I know it sounds cynical but there are pros here that will help you develop as hort story. I am sure... even like a vlog style thingy...

14 minutes ago, HelsinkiZim said:

I've saved up to page 28 as pdfs, I am going to try write something. I am a horrible writer, so anyone that wants to collaborate I am in.

I downloaded the serial podcast after Aronchicago mentioned it on page one or two and this could so work as a riff on that. I have been listening all weekend.

I could do the voice over, I have a condenser set up, we just need to work out a script.

Who wants to do this?

And yes I get your sarcasm, I was thinking more along the lines of something fun. Is that so taboo to want to do something fun and timely?

Will you need permission to use the cameo videos by Sir Drum et al? hii

2 hours ago, dhessel said:

I agree, it doesn't look good for him at all but what gives you the right to be judge, jury and executioner? I get what you are saying about moving fast before he can react but you also run the risk of crucifying an innocent victim too. 

Really this should have all been handled by Andrew, the victims, ES and what ever 3rd party enforcement required. It is too bad that Andrew was not arround to step in earlier. 

We are from the internet. This is an anarchistic community. We have no leaders. The evidence was thoroughly examined, righteous calls were made, and we acted. We do not forgive, we do not forget. We are legion. ES should have expected us.

2 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Will you need permission to use the cameo videos by Sir Drum et al? hii

We will have it all. I am literally making the widescreen hand formation right now. We will have it all! Screw royalties. Those suckers will be paying us for exposure!

This is an utter farce. I wouldn't even accept his money if I were the one scammed until he honestly owned up to it. If for some reason he is telling the truth, why not be forthcoming and aid in this investigation. Hell, he still hasn't even admitted to there never being an elder ES. Why would he be som worried about his families' and friends' opinions if he was innocent. And now people are encouraging him to make a movie about it? He should sign away any rights to any motion picture filmed about this idea to the people scammed by him. And if he didn't do it, which I admit with this weird effin story is quite possible, then explain his inconsistencies. I don't know... I'm really starting to believe this whole thing is a game. Once the conversation begins to slow up on it, he shows up again or another victim does. Something does not smell right here. 

1 minute ago, mercer said:

This is an utter farce. I wouldn't even accept his money if I were the one scammed until he honestly owned up to it. If for some reason he is telling the truth, why not be forthcoming and aid in this investigation. Hell, he still hasn't even admitted to there never being an elder ES. Why would he be som worried about his families' and friends' opinions if he was innocent. And now people are encouraging him to make a movie about it? He should sign away any rights to any motion picture filmed about this idea to the people scammed by him. And if he didn't do it, which I admit with this weird effin story is quite possible, then explain his inconsistencies. I don't know... I'm really starting to believe this whole thing is a game. Once the conversation begins to slow up on it, he shows up again or another victim does. Something does not smell right here. 

So the penny begins to drop for Mr Mercer.

The ES poster has a sense of humour at least. It's all fake to them so they are engaging with us. They know their forum credibility is shot. They are just going to drag along this payback story so it doesn't progress to THEIR authorities. But we can all have fun now, no?

But I'm sorry to say... this movie would be horrible. International crime movies require an interesting, capable antagonist... I think we can all agree...

3 minutes ago, HelsinkiZim said:

So the penny begins to drop for Mr Mercer.

The ES poster has a sense of humour at least. It's all fake to them so they are engaging with us. They know their forum credibility is shot. They are just going to drag along this payback story so it doesn't progress to THEIR authorities. But we can all have fun now, no?

Haha, honestly... I've been getting bored by this for the past 10 pages or so. The ending is never as good as the one I imagined. But I do think it's crap that the kid won't own up to anything without being strong armed by the Hipster Mafia. 

Just now, mercer said:

But I'm sorry to say... this movie would be horrible. International crime movies require an interesting, capable antagonist... I think we can all agree...

I guess you are correct, which is why nothing is happening in the time/ money investment front from anyone.

But a spoof would be funny as hell and I would vouch for probably watching that.

I just have this theory that if everyone invests 15 minutes we could have a nice short for us only. Skype interview with Ed, the victims and the story of trying t track down the elusive Ebrahim for a video interview.... it could be funny

Just now, HelsinkiZim said:

I guess you are correct, which is why nothing is happening in the time/ money investment front from anyone.

But a spoof would be funny as hell and I would vouch for probably watching that.

I just have this theory that if everyone invests 15 minutes we could have a nice short for us only. Skype interview with Ed, the victims and the story of trying t track down the elusive Ebrahim for a video interview.... it could be funny

I like your idea, I meant for him to make a serious movie based on this. That would be crap. What you're suggesting could be pretty funny. Part of his punishment should be to supple stock footage from Egypt. 

31 minutes ago, HelsinkiZim said:

think like a filmmaker

Good advice to you, Ebrahim! Take advantage of this whole embarrassing situation. Now that everyone knows your story, you can even enlarge the basis of people with eyes on you. Once they're really curious on your talent or lack of it. Wanna more motivation? This must surely challenge you. Once again, everything is in your hands! :-)