How I got scammed through "Ebrahim Saadawi"

Timotheus

1 hour ago, Oliver Daniel said:

The breathtaking part of this though is how consistent, knowledgable and prolific "Ebrahim Jnr" has been. Quite stunning really. Crazy achievement. 

I wouldn't really count anything he said as "breathtaking". As I said earlier in this thread, I never really thought much for what he had to say, most of it just seemed like re-hashed lines from other forums such as PV, DVX, or from watching camera reviews etc. I guess it did un-fortunetly fool quite a few people though... that would be the only thing I would consider "breathtaking".

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, The Chris said:

At this point, how does anyone believe anything posted under that account? One would hope its a real confession, but with all the twists and turns it doesn't seem likely.

Fool me once...

Yeah, I mean, I know there is a big time difference between Egypt and New York, but he hasn't reached out to me. I am talking to Tim and Thomas, and I think they are getting some things straightened out, but I unfortunately am left in the dark. I don't believe he is going to pay them back, and I don't think I am even going to get a message back. I think he is just trying to smooth things over, but we will see if he delivers. 

1 hour ago, omar said:

That's what I'm saying. This guy is a pro scammer. This obviously isn't his first rodeo so this is why we need to not let this guy go becasue he's supposedly depressed. He just wants us to get off his back so he can clear his name and scam more people. 

Yeah, he wants the thread deleted so people won't look up Ebrahim Saawadi and see this. He needs his name to be clear so he can commit Western Union fraud in the future. His only other option is to legally change his name. 

If anyone on this forum donates a single penny to the people who were scammed then you are the biggest fools and are doing nothing to help this situation.

This kid is hitting refresh every 5 seconds and every bleeding heart, call for forgiveness, and donation promised turns this piece of shits frown a little more upside down... And his hand further and further from his wallet. 

“I mean, do I have an ending… my thoughts about the case and about who is lying and why, have not been fixed over the course of this story. Several times I have landed on a decision and stayed there with relief, and then inevitably I learn something that I did’nt know before and I am up-ended… sometimes the reversal happens within hours. What’s astonishing to me is how the back and forth hasn’t let up after all of this time. I am learning new information all of the time…" - Serial podcast, Episode 12: What we know 3min mark

Can I get an Amen on that POV?

16 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Nothing so far can infer him as sociopath, OK?

Nothing...except that devious facebook message. And the crime itself. But no, you're right, there's nothing at all to indicate that. Con artists/sociopaths commit their crimes for the thrill, not money. And compulsive liars, con artists, sociopaths, serial killers will say/do anything to remove suspicion from themselves. You know what one of the Hillside Stranglers did when his wife got suspicious of him? He pretended to have cancer. He didn't just say he had cancer, he would have his wife drop him off at the hospital, go in without her, wander around for 8 hours, steal medications and medical forms and forge documents. He did this for over a year. The guy the movie "I Love You Philip Morris" is based on successfully faked dying of AIDS to escape from prison. You guys can believe and trust Ebrahim, or whoever is posing as him if you want, but I don't. 

20 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

It got the confession.

He had a choice.  I gave him the ultimatum two days before this morning when I went to work.

After I heard a third person got scammed, I had enough.  My conscious would not allow this kid to keep going on without real world repercussions occuring.

In exchange for his confession, he asked me to say to his friends that it was a mistake and someone else did it.  The whole time he also said it wasn't him, but he would confess so I would leave his friends alone.

I told him I would.

that was a lie.

As Squid said, you can't bullshit a bullshitter

So wait, you were badgering him on Instagram and that's what led to his confession today? But even though he said he would confess, he still held strong to the story that he didn't do it but agreed to do it because you were extorting him? Do you know what you just admitted to? 

3 minutes ago, Matt Kieley said:

Nothing...except that devious facebook message. And the crime itself. But no, you're right, there's nothing at all to indicate that. Con artists/sociopaths commit their crimes for the thrill, not money. And compulsive liars, con artists, sociopaths, serial killers will say/do anything to remove suspicion from themselves. You know what one of the Hillside Stranglers did when his wife got suspicious of him? He pretended to have cancer. He didn't just say he had cancer, he would have his wife drop him off at the hospital, go in without her, wander around for 8 hours, steal medications and medical forms and forge documents. He did this for over a year. The guy the movie "I Love You Philip Morris" is based on successfully faked dying of AIDS to escape from prison. You guys can believe and trust Ebrahim, or whoever is posing as him if you want, but I don't. 

I kind of agree that a simple video message shot on a phone would shut everyone up. But then we get into demanding proof, which is not our job, it would just satisfy our curiosity- and then it gets into a weird space for the person as they are facially recognizable. Its just weird all around.

3 minutes ago, mercer said:

So wait, you were badgering him on Instagram and that's what led to his confession today? But even though he said he would confess, he still held strong to the story that he didn't do it but agreed to do it because you were extorting him? Do you know what you just admitted to? 

Ed got deep with this yo. But so did we all.

Just now, HelsinkiZim said:

I kind of agree that a simple video message shot on a phone would shut everyone up. But then we get into demanding proof, which is not our job, it would just satisfy our curiosity- and then it gets into a weird space for the person as they are facially recognizable. Its just weird all around.

I'm not trying to hire investigators or journalists, I'm just going to stop buying stuff on forums. I just hope people learn something about the criminal mind. I'll leave it up to the victims to report it to whatever authorities (Interpol?) can handle it.

4 hours ago, mercer said:

I told him - either refund the guys in their entirety or I'm going to get my doc filmmaker friend on him.

He said he didn't care.

Then after this morning a third scammed victim came forward, I got really upset.

I reached out to his friends on ig and told them he was in trouble for scamming 1k usd from people on this site.

And linked to this thread.

He told me to stop and what it would take for me to stop.

I told him to confess.

He did.

Then he said now can you stop harassing my friends and tell them it was someone else.

And I said I would.

But I didn't.

I stopped harassing his friends.  But I didn't tell them it was someone else.

I don't feel right doing that.

That would be extortion over me.

Earlier I said "I humiliated him" - to further clarify - this means I told them to check this thread and that he was in trouble for scamming three people.  I didn't say anything more than that.  Just sent them the link to all of this.

1 minute ago, Ed_David said:

I reached out to his friends on ig and told them he was in trouble for scamming 1k usd from people on this site.

And linked to this thread.

Is that extortion?

I thought extortion involves money?

It is messed up that you forced ES to confess. That's not justice.

And beyond that, he still maintains he didn't do it, so what value does his confession have?

1 hour ago, Chrad said:

It is messed up that you forced ES to confess. That's not justice.

And beyond that, he still maintains he didn't do it, so what value does his confession have?

Youre right

Damn what a day

Now im off to jail

I never quit while im ahead!

See you guys in 10 years. 8 years w good behavior

But honestly - read the next messages in thread - just trying to keep myself out of jail!

54 minutes ago, Matt Kieley said:

Nothing...except that devious facebook message. And the crime itself. But no, you're right, there's nothing at all to indicate that. Con artists/sociopaths commit their crimes for the thrill, not money. And compulsive liars, con artists, sociopaths, serial killers will say/do anything to remove suspicion from themselves. (...)

I don't say he has no evidence of mental problems, but a sociopath goes beyond. He can be a compulsive liar but doesn't seem to me to be a sociopath in the stricto sensu. I believe he is able to learn the lesson and never going in the wrongdoing again. If there will be severe consequences as those now. He was warned, I personally did it several times over these pages in the early beginning of this thread in order to stop so nonsensical silliness. So, I infer he's only a kid with a bad behaviour. He felt secure to be a smartass playing the typical con artist behind WU. Disappointing to see. I wouldn't surprise myself if one of these days he had been a blonde girl from some exotic location trying his luck somewhere in a dating site. Pity. He can be better than that, even without extra skills to be a sociopath as some people intent to see his behaviour.

A sociopath is in trouble for stopping the activity. I believe this young man is able to know when to stop and recognise the mistake. Let's not confuse with his excuses, only as ass saver in a puerile perspective of his own. There's no more EOSHD character spread by himself and his grandpa. Rich radiologist today, dentist yesterday perfectly fits the dentistry student. He just thinks he is smarter than average. People don't pay attention to his old signatures, eat easily anything he puts on the table to serve as ass saving tool. Like a child. Well succeeded in the bunch of likes of unknown people/his mates in this forum (his first post in this thread still holds the most voted post, go figure : D). That's one of his crimes. Proper of a kid in trouble to grow up. I also remind he was always focused in his readers. It also shows up some deviation but of a different kind. Exactly the contrary of a sociopath, even if he matches some common ground, IMHO.

27 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

It got the confession.

He had a choice.  I gave him the ultimatum two days before this morning when I went to work.

After I heard a third person got scammed, I had enough.  My conscious would not allow this kid to keep going on without real world repercussions occuring.

In exchange for his confession, he asked me to say to his friends that it was a mistake and someone else did it.  The whole time he also said it wasn't him, but he would confess so I would leave his friends alone.

I told him I would.

that was a lie.

As Squid said, you can't bullshit a bullshitter

Sorry to back out of my pledge to not post in this topic anymore but that is pretty messed up Ed. The problem with what you did besides being very mean and dishonest, it was an act of revenge after all, is that you coersed his confession. Just like using torture when things get bad enough the person will say anything to make it stop.This doesn't mean he didn't do it but it does cast a shadow on this confession of his.

1 minute ago, Matt Kieley said:

I'm not trying to hire investigators or journalists, I'm just going to stop buying stuff on forums. I just hope people learn something about the criminal mind. I'll leave it up to the victims to report it to whatever authorities (Interpol?) can handle it.

That is KEY to the real argument and the nerves being touched here is - gear is expensive and who is regulating these second hand purchases for 500  to 1 000 grand plus?

I lived in Johannesburg, and someone from a township who works way harder than you, will never earn around 250 dollars a month - with 3 hours travel to and from work. It is not outrageous that a smart group of kids learnt how to speak our language and exploited our Hail Ceasa-ri-sm for anyone with a strong and 'well informed' opinion.

1 minute ago, dhessel said:

Sorry to back out of my pledge to not post in this topic anymore but that is pretty messed up Ed. The problem with what you did besides being very mean and dishonest, it was an act of revenge after all, is that you coersed his confession. Just like using torture when things get bad enough the person will say anything to make it stop.This doesn't mean he didn't do it but it does cast a shadow on this confession of his.

Indeed.

Although, it's breathtakingly obvious that ES did do it, so I wouldn't say any doubt is cast on his confession. If anything his maintaining that he's innocent even now shoes how far removed this kid is from normal human reason and emotion. 

But I don't believe the ends justify the means. We shouldn't be sinking to his level.

4 hours ago, dhessel said:

You are right

I didnt see it that way at the time.

I just saw it as a way to intimidate a criminal and to make sure a pathological liar did something he promised to do.  I.E. I didn't trust him that he would refund the buyers.

I honestly started it cause i thought one of the posters was going to beat him up

But yea my anger at him for scamming got the best of me

And this is it.

Sorry eoshd.

3 minutes ago, dhessel said:

If he didn't do it he could just tell his friends that it was a hack. I'm pretty sure he knew the hammer was coming down when Andrew got involved and was going to see the evidence that we don't have access to.

3 minutes ago, AaronChicago said:

If he didn't do it he could just tell his friends that it was a hack. I'm pretty sure he knew the hammer was coming down when Andrew got involved and was going to see the evidence that we don't have access to.

He would always have an excuse, reasonable or (most probably) not. He already put the defence together with the line that the IPs wouldn't change because someone from within his building was the scammer. Never mind that he would have noticed the PMs enquiring about the sale whenever he logged back in and did nothing to put an end to it.

He hasn't even truly confessed yet. Why should we expect that he ever would?