How I got scammed through "Ebrahim Saadawi"

Timotheus

1 minute ago, Ebrahim Saadawi said:

This is Ebrahim Ebrahim Saadawi junior. The 19 year-old one. 

I'll do the right thing and end this investigation and reputation travesty.

I lied. I scammed these three people out of the lens payment money. around 600$ 300$ each as you can see in their posts. 

I was desperate. I actually needed the cash to pay for my sister's pregnancy operation and hospital fees and just found no other way to do it other than let her face death at home. 

I lied. And I am sorry to all of those involved. I am a kid and I do stupid things. 

But let's end this please as it's giving me severe depression and now understand how teenagers could take their lives about cyber bullying but now I totally understand. It's unexplainably hurtful to be in a spot of shame and mockery. 

I love this place and spend some of my funnest time here and I made a lot of friends, learnt and contributed to thousands of people with love and passion. 

Now I lost all of it for a stupid childish mistake. 

I think confessing is the right thing to do. 

I will make this right. I will send the lens to Tomas and Tim for now. The two agreed to have it and sell it and split the cash and let it be. 

And I really, really, promise I will refund the rest through every penny I make. In small amounts of in large. As much as I can. I like to think you know me enough to trust me,

I am deeply sorry. 

I am sorry to everyone. If I have one request, just for the sake of our long friendship and my contributions here with Andrew over three years, is that I really really want this thread to get deleted as I just can't take this anymore. it's destroying me. 

This is the whole simple truth for everyone who's been searching for it in these 250 posts. You now have it. So please, I urge you to stop. 

This is my confession, so that I can finally be able to sleep at night with a clear conscious. 

I can't type any more in this state of tears and tremors and will fall asleep now knowing that I did and will do the right thing no matter what the consequences might be.

But I sincerely hope that I wake up in the morning and find this topic non existent. And let me deal with those involved privately in PM. Please. I beg you, Andrew. 

I will make this right and return anything I've taken to those who were hurt. I am sorry.

*This has nothing to do with my grandfather Ebrahim Saadawi Sr and any guilt is completely upon me. 

Quote for eternity.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 minutes ago, Ebrahim Saadawi said:

This is Ebrahim Ebrahim Saadawi junior. The 19 year-old one. 

I'll do the right thing and end this investigation and reputation travesty.

I lied. I scammed these three people out of the lens payment money. around 600$ 300$ each as you can see in their posts. 

I was desperate. I actually needed the cash to pay for my sister's pregnancy operation and hospital fees and just found no other way to do it other than let her face death at home. 

I lied. And I am sorry to all of those involved. I am a kid and I do stupid things. 

But let's end this please as it's giving me severe depression and now understand how teenagers could take their lives about cyber bullying but now I totally understand. It's unexplainably hurtful to be in a spot of shame and mockery. 

I love this place and spend some of my funnest time here and I made a lot of friends, learnt and contributed to thousands of people with love and passion. 

Now I lost all of it for a stupid childish mistake. 

I think confessing is the right thing to do. 

I will make this right. I will send the lens to Tomas and Tim for now. The two agreed to have it and sell it and split the cash and let it be. 

And I really, really, promise I will refund the rest through every penny I make. In small amounts of in large. As much as I can. I like to think you know me enough to trust me,

I am deeply sorry. 

I am sorry to everyone. If I have one request, just for the sake of our long friendship and my contributions here with Andrew over three years, is that I really really want this thread to get deleted as I just can't take this anymore. it's destroying me. 

This is the whole simple truth for everyone who's been searching for it in these 250 posts. You now have it. So please, I urge you to stop. 

This is my confession, so that I can finally be able to sleep at night with a clear conscious. 

I can't type any more in this state of tears and tremors and will fall asleep now knowing that I did and will do the right thing no matter what the consequences might be.

But I sincerely hope that I wake up in the morning and find this topic non existent. And let me deal with those involved privately in PM. Please. I beg you, Andrew. 

I will make this right and return anything I've taken to those who were hurt. I am sorry.

*This has nothing to do with my grandfather Ebrahim Saadawi Sr and any guilt is completely upon me. 

O M G

So, I was right. It was someone in the Saawadi Building. That's international wire fraud my friend. Hope these guys don't put the feds on you.

edit: (there's a confession posted during the time I wrote this)

Just remembered something of moral... 

3 years ago, a new "production company" arrived on the scene in Manchester and started casting for new feature films. They would meet actors for upcoming roles and promise them an attractive fee. Some of the actors (that I knew) gave up their full time jobs to star in these new films. 

The "director" had a very impressive CV. He'd "directed" many UK TV series and assistant directed Hollywood features. His photo gallery was full of pictures of him standing by huge rigged-up RED cameras and pics exclusive "visits" to Media City UK. 

His website had a "members area". Kevin Spacey was on it, among others. 

This got very fishy as the company didn't meet their deadlines, and production work was always delayed. 

One day, I bought a GH3. I posted a picture online because I was happy. A guy who I didn't know called me a "cock-eyed little freak" for buying a GH3. Apparently this guy was from London, married, kids. He worked at Pinewood Studios as a gaffer. But his style of writing was very strange and quite frankly, poor!

I looked into it. I found that the writing style matched other "filmmaker" profiles I was friends with. Lots of mutual friends. I did some digging, and found out this "production company" was a taxi driver who conned people into signing up for roles in his company. All the profiles were fake and made up to gain peoples trust in him... "word of mouth".  I found a trailer he made. It was a Windows Movie maker slideshow for a horror film with loads of spelling mistakes. 

The findings were posted on Facebook, and it blew up! People were furious as this guy had effectively ruined their careers. They gave up their jobs and got nothing back. From what I know, he was reported to Equity and the Police - and the guy is banned for life for working with actors or anything similar in the industry. He had to pay legal damages. It was printed somewhere in an Equity magazine - to avoid him at all costs. 

It would of been much better for this guy if he admitted his mistakes (once found out) and took steps to contact the employers of these actors and explain the situation. He should of admitted he was a fraud and what he would do to fix it. He didn't. he cowered into a corner, told more lies and then starting being abusive. He even sent his fellow cast death threats. And now he's ruined. 

I've shared this, just as a pointer to this forum and Ebrahim. People can be scammed easily into believing in someone, but you're dealing with intelligent people here. If you show a few cracks, it's over.

Just sort it out. 

4 minutes ago, HelsinkiZim said:

O M G

So, I was right. It was someone in the Saawadi Building. That's international wire fraud my friend. Hope these guys don't put the feds on you.

Have some respect, man.  He's a  kid who made a really stupid mistake.

I would maybe have done the same if my sister needed an operation and in my culture asking for money is equivalent to begging and maybe he didn't want his family to know about it all.

It was a stupid idea, but we've all been there when we have been desperate.

Show some empathy, man!

Also do you have any idea what it's like to be the subject of an online mob?

Oh wait, I do!  Remember the Philip Bloom thing?  You guys treated me like I was Satan attacking poor, old innocent domestic abuser Bloom.

Just now, Ed_David said:

Have some respect, man.  He's a  kid who made a really stupid mistake.

I would maybe have done the same if my sister needed an operation and in my culture asking for money is equivalent to begging and maybe he didn't want his family to know about it all.

It was a stupid idea, but we've all been there when we have been desperate.

Show some empathy, man!

I didn't mean I hope they do that, I said I hope they DON'T do that. I am just pointing out a fact here. 

But no, I DO NOT wish anyone gets in big trouble, I just hope they know the levity of what they did.

Don't delete anything until everyone gets their money back.

The sad sister story doesn't match up with the "ha ha you got scammed" message you sent to one of the people you ripped off. You just can't stop lying can you ES?

22 pages. We gotta lift our game lads.

Respect has to be earned.

8 minutes ago, Oliver Daniel said:

Just remembered something of moral... 

3 years ago, a new "production company" arrived on the scene in Manchester and started casting for new feature films. They would meet actors for upcoming roles and promise them an attractive fee. Some of the actors (that I knew) gave up their full time jobs to star in these new films. 

The "director" had a very impressive CV. He'd "directed" many UK TV series and assistant directed Hollywood features. His photo gallery was full of pictures of him standing by huge rigged-up RED cameras and pics exclusive "visits" to Media City UK. 

His website had a "members area". Kevin Spacey was on it, among others. 

This got very fishy as the company didn't meet their deadlines, and production work was always delayed. 

One day, I bought a GH3. I posted a picture online because I was happy. A guy who I didn't know called me a "cock-eyed little freak" for buying a GH3. Apparently this guy was from London, married, kids. He worked at Pinewood Studios as a gaffer. But his style of writing was very strange and quite frankly, poor!

I looked into it. I found that the writing style matched other "filmmaker" profiles I was friends with. Lots of mutual friends. I did some digging, and found out this "production company" was a taxi driver who conned people into signing up for roles in his company. All the profiles were fake and made up to gain peoples trust in him... "word of mouth".  I found a trailer he made. It was a Windows Movie maker slideshow for a horror film with loads of spelling mistakes. 

The findings were posted on Facebook, and it blew up! People were furious as this guy had effectively ruined their careers. They gave up their jobs and got nothing back. From what I know, he was reported to Equity and the Police - and the guy is banned for life for working with actors or anything similar in the industry. He had to pay legal damages. It was printed somewhere in an Equity magazine - to avoid him at all costs. 

It would of been much better for this guy if he admitted his mistakes (once found out) and took steps to contact the employers of these actors and explain the situation. He should of admitted he was a fraud and what he would do to fix it. He didn't. he cowered into a corner, told more lies and then starting being abusive. He even sent his fellow cast death threats. And now he's ruined. 

I've shared this, just as a pointer to this forum and Ebrahim. People can be scammed easily into believing in someone, but you're dealing with intelligent people here. If you show a few cracks, it's over.

Just sort it out. 

You sort it out.

He confessed.

He's going to refund everyones money.

What more do you want?

You want his blood?

Would that make you okay?

This isn't ruining anyone's career.

He stole money from a bunch of idiots who thought they were scamming an old man from Egypt.  They could have just reported it, did their thing, and froze their credit cards.

Instead they got me and everyone else running crazy and making this kid freaked out of his mind.

I admit, everything I did up to now was a horrible action on my part.

I act before I think.

I made a terrible mistake.

I am glad we got to here but now it's time to just let it be.

Please, for the love of god.

You have someone in a fragile emotional state.

Do not call for more blood.

He's going to try to make things okay.

3 minutes ago, squig said:

Don't delete anything until everyone gets their money back.

The sad sister story doesn't match up with the "ha ha you got scammed" message you sent to one of the people you ripped off. You just can't stop lying can you ES?

22 pages. We gotta lift our game lads.

Oh yea, you are right :)

Of course the sister thing is a lie.  He's a habitual lier.  Pathological.

It's a real symptom

Anyway for the sake of the high lord, can we give him some space?

He confessed.

Let's leave it at that.

A truth happened.

That's something.

Did everyone get their $20 worth of entertainment?

That concludes this mini-series.  At least for me.

I do not want this kid to commit suicide or anything because of us.

Now, would you?

You want that guilt on your hands?

Just now, Ed_David said:

You sort it out.

He confessed.

He's going to refund everyones money.

What more do you want?

You want his blood?

Would that make you okay?

This isn't ruining anyone's career.

He stole money from a bunch of idiots who thought they were scamming an old man from Egypt.  They could have just reported it, did their thing, and froze their credit cards.

Instead they got me and everyone else running crazy and making this kid freaked out of his mind.

I admit, everything I did up to now was a horrible action on my part.

I act before I think.

I made a terrible mistake.

I am glad we got to here but now it's time to just let it be.

Please, for the love of god.

You have someone in a fragile emotional state.

Do not call for more blood.

He's going to try to make things okay.

Hi Ed, I wrote that post during the time he confessed, so I didn't know. 

Good to him for being brave. 

I hope everything will be ok. 

26 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

Be strong man.

Don't take your life for something so stupid as an online forum.

Wise said. Solved the matter, no one will care about it anymore. And you Ebrahim, you'll have a friend in the most part of these detractors. You know mostly why? Also because you've given to all of them/us a victory in a filthy world of losers we all are, once we shall go and share the same location one day, so enjoy your 20s (with an exception, though, don't scam your brother for the time to come), they will never be back again ;-)

Ed, what does tell you that the sister story is more true than the rest. He can spell line skipping but won't say abortion. It's an easy way to find empathy. If he just had said, damnit, I wanted a c300, I would give my life over it, which kidney do I sell (quote instagram), It would have been better.

(you edited while I was writing)

If this were his only lie (the actual scam) it would at least be plausible, but when your whole persona is a fake, that's another story.

His 1500 honor penis points show that he was liked in the forum. He could have asked for anything.

Anyway, good luck to the scammed.

Best wishes Ebra, have fun with your friends, don't worry, but keep your word because as you can see it's very easy to loose your face.

Btw watch @Zach Goodwin last video and listen what he has to say about the guys with Big Red cameras ;)

Good for you Ebrahim on confessing. I just want to say that since you're part of this community ,if you were in a tough spot and needed some help we would've done whatever possible to help you out. I know that we could've gathered a group to donate. Same goes to anyone in the future. If you can prove the situation to be real.

Emanuel, he's probably an undiagnosed pathological or compulsive liar.

This is a real, medical condition.  

I'm sure the sister's story is false.  But that doesn't mean we can now keep attacking him while he is in a very fragile emotional state.

Yes he brought this upon himself by stealing thousands of dollars, but now, we can get, without the corrupt Egyptian police the end goal : money back to those he scammed.

Isn't that the end goal?

Or do you want to see him rot in an Egyptian jail?

Or get disavowed from his family.

Use empathy.

Understand he's in Egypt, they have a different set of rules.

How would you feel if he killed himself?  Or went to jail?

Would you feel better?

No, revenge is fleeting.  At first it feels great, but then after a while, you feel like a D-bag and regret what you did when you were younger.

16 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Wise said. Solved the matter, no one will care about it anymore. And you Ebrahim, you'll have a friend in the most part of these detractors. You know mostly why? Because you've given to all of them/us a victory in a filthy world of losers we all are. We shall go to the same location one day, so enjoy your 20s (with an exception, though, don't scam your brother for the time to come), they will never be back again ;-)

Ebrahim we were all your age once, and we've all fucked up and done things we regret, Some of us have even walked out onto a bridge in the dead of night and looked into the abyss. Tony Scott never made the trip back. You have to fuck up, that's how you learn. Filmmaking is all about fuck ups. If you haven't seen Hearts of Darkness I suggest you do. Filmmaking is also about trust, and trust has to be earned. If you want people to trust you, you have to be honest ALL the time. The most important thing is never quit. Woody Allen said something about the reason he was successful is because he kept showing up.

1 minute ago, squig said:

Ebrahim we were all your age once, and we've all fucked up and done things we regret, Some of us have even walked out onto a bridge in the dead of night and looked into the abyss. Tony Scott never made the trip back. You have to fuck up, that's how you learn. Filmmaking is all about fuck ups. If you haven't seen Hearts of Darkness I suggest you do. Filmmaking is also about trust, and trust has to be earned. If you want people to trust you, you have to be honest ALL the time. The most important thing is never quit. Woody Allen said something about the reason he was successful is because he kept showing up.

well said!!!

1 minute ago, Nikkor said:

Just so you sleep well, pathological narcisists don't kill themselfs ;)

Yes they do.

I almost killed myself last year.  Honestly.  Well had strong suicidal thoughts.

And I'm pretty much the biggest narcisist I know.

Narcisists have incredibly fragile emotional states.

It's all for show.

People who really love themselves do not seek attention from others.

I.E. Donald Trump is the biggest weenie in the world and the world's biggest narcissist.

5 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

(...)

It's all for show.

I.E. Donald Trump is the biggest weenie in the world and the world's biggest narcissist.

No idea if I must laugh or be serious on that one, but it is very true :-)

Thanks mate.

Guys I have a confession to make: I changed the font on my Indie Gathering award laurel. It was fuckin' ugly!

LOL

scam is always like this, waisting your time telling you some "mom" or "sister" thing. I've dealed with one recently and it was same thing. Except only things i lost was my time and hope to sell my gear locally.

The only great thing about this topic is that community is reacted and trying to protect itself. Keep this topic and ask for confirmation of sending that rangefinder to anyone it was promised. Or everything that ull get will be another scam deal with the same rangefinder.

And correct me if i wrong but here's a thing to keep in mind - in many eastern cultures its a honor to fool someone (just take a look at their childrens fairy tails). ES themself is pointing on difference between his and "west" worlds.

10 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

Yes they do.

I almost killed myself last year.  Honestly.  Well had strong suicidal thoughts.

It's all for show.

You might be narcisitic, but I don't see you making up things and bombastic, exagerating yourself, you often even play yourself down. 

For example, when I asked you for help about writing/planning, your ego would have spit out the biggest bullshit about how complicated it is and how crazy good you are, giving a big lecture while enjoying yourself. Instead you said something very different.

And lets not speak about psycopaths which are similar.

http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/dsm-iv.html