How I got scammed through "Ebrahim Saadawi"

Timotheus

3 minutes ago, Ebrahim Saadawi said:

Such case here in Egypt would NOT work and would take years to just run through the legal process and court and end up WU winning as the receiver presented my ID. A local WU agent in Africa, Middle east, Egypt, Mansoura town, Torel country side, is VERY different from ones you have over there. Anyway wait for my upcoming post. 

image.jpeg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
17 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

yes but the other stolen camera has 11 digits as well.

I stand by my theory, he supplied a serial for another camera he owns, not the 1dc, and probably changed a number on it.  Who knows?

People who lie a lot, lie a lot.

My final thought ( I HOPE) - if you are going to scam people, use a fake name. Too many things happen if you use a real name, in this era where everyone and their dog has a facebook and instagram account.

23011000227 or 023011000227, same result on stolencamerafinder

11 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

Ok guys, game over, my brain is slow with all this heat.

The money was intended for ES, western union gave out the money to someone else. Western Union offices have given the money to someone else, so ES can go to the police and file a official report western union will have to give you your money, western union also has security cameras.

So even though there is no crime in sending money on promise and not sending nothing back, the crime is in that someone used your identity falsely to recieve the money. Game over ;) 

A scammer got wind of ES's scam and scammed him, now you see that's a good storyline. If you weren't a rank amateur ES, you could've come up with something plausible like that.

Give it up ES, you can't bullshit a bunch of professional bullshit artists. Your story is full of holes, and it keeps changing; which is exactly what happens when a liar has to tell more lies to cover for their lies. You see, writing a good believable story takes a lot of time and effort. You've been given ample opportunity to provide some REAL evidence to clear your name. As far as I can see you're a fraud just pretending to be a filmmaker; I've seen no evidence to the contrary. All the evidence points to you being the perp. You've been given a chance to own up and instead you chose to continue to insult our intelligence... Man up son!

Incredible. 

I always had the impression Ebrahim Snr was the main user of the account, due to the impressive knowledge, warm and fairness of his comments. It really didn't match this 19 year old beginner/noob thing. 

Did Ebrahim really go to all this effort of posting very helpful information for 3 years - just to gain the trust of an online community and scam them for just a bit of money? Baffling. Absolutely baffling. 

I'd do this: 

1. Submit a video message of yourself and your Grandfather together. 

2. Submit some of your portfolio work and any proof of directing credits. 

3. Submit any websites/imagery of your media company - behind the scenes? Projects? Anything? 

If I was convicted of being a scammer, I could do all the above in 20 minutes. It would go a long way to actually show us you're a genuine person who is in fact says who he is. 

Myself, like most other people, don't want to mix with anybody involved in criminal activity. 

All other forum topics are dying because of this thread being stuck at the top. I feel sorry for Andrew. It's not fair. 

Let's clean this up, nice and fairly, shall we?

1 minute ago, zerocool22 said:

So Ebrahim is it ok if we send a Egyptian Police Detective over and check your story, and your messages. And then he can go to the WU checking the video camera's of the identity of the thief? If you got nothing to hide, then it should be ok right?

That's the whole point. Nothing real to show up... Sad show.

2 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

So, here's his chance to prove his innocence, actually! :grin:

Yep, but he can't because it was him. There are a couple of things more I'm reserving for Eds egyptian reporter in case the money doesn't go back to the legit owners.

Just now, Nikkor said:

Yep, but he can't because it was him. There are a couple of things more I'm reserving for Eds egyptian reporter in case the money doesn't go back to the legit pwners.

Take a look on my quote... Senior/junior has made school in the usage of dual everything: written English, posts, accounts, people to scam and so on. For some reason we come in two, we have two eyes, two arms, two hands, but several fingers, nails. It is only a matter to know where to use our imagination :grin:.

I do want to say one thing now that I think about it.  The rangefinder goes for $600 new on B&H photo.

He sold it for $250 including shipping.

People looking to buy it knew the risks involved.  The western union.  The seller in Egypt.

I am upset that these people got scammed.  But you know that was the risk.  That was the gamble.

Sometimes the gamble pays off and you get something in great condition for 1/3 it's value and you are taking advantage of some senior old man in Egypt, and sometimes that senior old man in Egypt with the sage advice turns out to be a young kid who uses Egyptian political corruption to outsmarts you.

As they say in Egypt by the way of Big Lebowski, "sometimes you bite the bear, and sometimes the bear bites you."

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

This is Ebrahim Ebrahim Saadawi junior. The 19 year-old one. 

I'll do the right thing and end this investigation and reputation travesty.

I lied. I scammed these three people out of the lens payment money. around 600$ 300$ each as you can see in their posts. 

I was desperate. I actually needed the cash to pay for my sister's pregnancy operation and hospital fees and just found no other way to do it other than let her face death at home. 

I lied. And I am sorry to all of those involved. I am a kid and I do stupid things. 

But let's end this please as it's giving me severe depression and now understand how teenagers could take their lives about cyber bullying but now I totally understand. It's unexplainably hurtful to be in a spot of shame and mockery. 

I love this place and spend some of my funnest time here and I made a lot of friends, learnt and contributed to thousands of people with love and passion. 

Now I lost all of it for a stupid childish mistake. 

I think confessing is the right thing to do. 

I will make this right. I will send the lens to Tomas and Tim for now. The two agreed to have it and sell it and split the cash and let it be. 

And I really, really, promise I will refund the rest through every penny I make. In small amounts of in large. As much as I can. I like to think you know me enough to trust me,

I am deeply sorry. 

I am sorry to everyone. If I have one request, just for the sake of our long friendship and my contributions here with Andrew over three years, is that I really really want this thread to get deleted as I just can't take this anymore. it's destroying me. 

This is the whole simple truth for everyone who's been searching for it in these 250 posts. You now have it. So please, I urge you to stop. 

This is my confession, so that I can finally be able to sleep at night with a clear conscious. 

I can't type any more in this state of tears and tremors and will fall asleep now knowing that I did and will do the right thing no matter what the consequences might be.

But I sincerely hope that I wake up in the morning and find this topic non existent. And let me deal with those involved privately in PM. Please. I beg you, Andrew. 

I will make this right and return anything I've taken to those who were hurt. I am sorry.

*This has nothing to do with my grandfather Ebrahim Saadawi Sr and any guilt is completely upon me. 

1 minute ago, Ebrahim Saadawi said:

This is Ebrahim Ebrahim Saadawi junior. The 19 year-old one. 

I'll do the right thing and end this investigation and reputation travesty.

I lied. I scammed these three people out of the lens payment money. around 600$ 300$ each as you can see in their posts. 

I was desperate. I actually needed the cash to pay for my sister's pregnancy operation and hospital fees and just found no other way to do it other than let her face death at home. 

I lied. And I am sorry to all of those involved. I am a kid and I do stupid things. 

But let's end this please as it's giving me severe depression and now understand how teenagers could take their lives about cyber bullying but now I totally understand. It's unexplainably hurtful to be in a spot of shame and mockery. 

I love this place and spend some of my funnest time here and I made a lot of friends, learnt and contributed to thousands of people with love and passion. 

Now I lost all of it for a stupid childish mistake. 

I think confessing is the right thing to do. 

I will make this right. I will send the lens to Tomas and Tim for now. The two agreed to have it and sell it and split the cash and let it be. 

And I really, really, promise I will refund the rest through every penny I make. In small amounts of in large. As much as I can. I like to think you know me enough to trust me,

I am deeply sorry. 

I am sorry to everyone. If I have one request, just for the sake of our long friendship and my contributions here with Andrew over three years, is that I really really want this thread to get deleted as I just can't take this anymore. it's destroying me. 

This is the whole simple truth for everyone who's been searching for it in these 250 posts. You now have it. So please, I urge you to stop. 

This is my confession, so that I can finally be able to sleep at night with a clear conscious. 

I can't type any more in this state of tears and tremors and will fall asleep now knowing that I did and will do the right thing no matter what the consequences might be.

But I sincerely hope that I wake up in the morning and find this topic non existent. And let me deal with those involved privately in PM. Please. I beg you, Andrew. 

I will make this right and return anything I've taken to those who were hurt. I am sorry.

*This has nothing to do with my grandfather Ebrahim Saadawi Sr and any guilt is completely upon me. 

Thank you for writing this.

I also second this motion, can we delete this thread?

Be strong man.

Don't take your life for something so stupid as an online forum.

I hope your sister recovers okay.

Much love to you,

Ed