How I got scammed through "Ebrahim Saadawi"

Timotheus

Well, guys, I think, what me, Ed, mercer, Zach, Ebrahim and a lot of us have in common here on Eoshd is the enjoyment of community, encouragement.

Even if I might learn some wrong stuff once in a while regarding the technicalities of codec, exposure, resolution vs sharpness, etc., as long as it can

engage us to do filming, it´s an achievement in itself already. Most of us seem to succeed in that regard.

There are plenty of well shot pieces in the screening area of this forum. Would be cool, if the forums "usability feng shui" would lurk us more

into posting in that category.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
31 minutes ago, Fritz Pierre said:

Maybe Zach and Ebrahim are the same person!...hmmm...talk about obfuscation!...the plot thickens

C'mon guys, they are not! Not hard to tell :-)

Let's be good citizens here. OP has been an example for all of us, so let's honour his input all the time : ) Ebrahim is just a young fellow, practically a teenager yet, who only needs to be considered like that. He can have a promising future in front of his own path. My thoughts and bets on it. No one here wants to see him down, right? :-)

The other lesson to be learnt here is maybe check peoples bona fides before you take their advice as gospel. Unimaginary filmmakers like me, Zak,....(not so sure about Ed :smirk: ) have a body of work online you can check out.... and there's IMDB too. If somebody doesn't have either, and they tell you they've been shooting film for 30 years; chances are they're full of shit.

8 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

C'mon guys, they are not! Not hard to tell :-)

Let's be good citizens here. OP has been an example for all of us, so let's honour his input all the time : ) Ebrahim is just a young fellow, practically a teenager yet, who only needs to be considered like that. He can have a promising future in front of his own path. My thoughts and bets on it. No one here wants to see him down, right? :-)

6 minutes ago, squig said:

The other lesson to be learnt here is maybe check peoples bona fides before you take their advice as gospel. Unimaginary filmmakers like me, Zak,....(not so sure about Ed :smirk: ) have a body of work online you can check out.... and there's IMDB too. If somebody doesn't have either, and they tell you they've been shooting film for 30 years; chances are they're full of shit.

Both of you, beautiful statements. Can´t we leave it this way, please. Either proof or not from either of the sides in a calm and polite manner but no more goofy or insulting statements about forum members.

The big thing i also learned is yes...dont trust always what people tell you. You have to really trust your own eyes.

Cml... cinematography mailing list and cinematography.com and american cinematographer have real dps telling you what they do.

Colorist forums like liftgammagain also the same.

Dslr forums and dvxuser and reduser dont have as many working professionals. So take what they say with a grain of salt.

You can trust certain peoples opinions and sometimes not.

Like a dp i really respected lead me down a rabbits hole.

So trust your gut and always do your own tests!! My own tests are many times flawed.

So of course as most of you know...never trust what my likes or taste are either.  I am a weirdo.

11 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

Well, guys, I think, what me, Ed, mercer, Zach, Ebrahim and a lot of us have in common here on Eoshd is the enjoyment of community, encouragement.

Even if I might learn some wrong stuff once in a while regarding the technicalities of codec, exposure, resolution vs sharpness, etc., as long as it can

engage us to do filming, it´s an achievement in itself already. Most of us seem to succeed in that regard.

There are plenty of well shot pieces in the screening area of this forum. Would be cool, if the forums "usability feng shui" would lurk us more

into posting in that category.

Panny, I enjoy the community as it gives me an outlet to discuss filmmaking. I have very few people in my daily life that enjoy the subject.

However I am not looking for encouragement or validation. I can only speak for myself of course. I am looking for pointers from people who have been at the stage that I am at. And I am very thankful for the help I have received, both positive and negative.

But what ES has done has concocted a resume that would lead other beginner filmmakers to believe the "truths" and "experience" he espoused. Sure the two scammed members lost some cash but how much cash and time, beginner filmmakers... Either members or just readers... How much time and money was wasted and lost over the years based on ES's lies?

That's the real shame in all of this.

It is of my opinion that ES either proves through video chat that they are in fact two people and either deliver the rangefinders or return the money. Then write a post apologizing to the community and accept a temporary ban of at least 3 months before being allowed to return as the true person they are. And if any lies are ever found out again then they are banned for life. His posts can easily be ignored by any members that wish to not risk reading his lies.

But honestly this is a forum run and owned by one individual who will have the final say. Until then it is nobody's place to tell other members how they should or shouldn't feel about this matter. 

But...

If all of this is true, then ES has some issues and we should be responsible human beings and acknowledge that, and hopefully ES is mentally capable enough to understand that with his actions come consequences. Some of those consequences will be jokes made at his expense and some will be angry responses.

24 minutes ago, squig said:

I reported the rangefinder ad on dvxuser as fraudulent (it was still there), the mods have now taken it down. Was it listed somewhere else?

Thanks squig. It was also up on reduser but someone already pointed to this thread.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?134422-SLR-Magic-Rangefinder-very-interesting/page2&s=8fd7b48cbe3ad94297cb040334deef83

Hey Merce,

I admire your enthusiasm for grading and the look and flavor of an image. That discipline in itself is a technical side open to sometimes flawed but

interesting approaches and results, especially with 8bit footage.

I read a lot of contradicting stuff from almost any forum member on here, may they be pros or not.

Heck I almost bought a RXII- one of you better give me my beautiful money back, if so:)

So ES being not right on one or few other topics does not discredit his whole body of work, which is an inspriring example of great history of quality posts.

It was him besides only a very few others pointing out zero artificial sharpness of CLOG. It was him promoting peaceful communication with one another all the time!

Him, Andy Lee, JCS and Maxotic, then Oliver Daniel, AaronChicago are the guys brought me here to finally join Andrew´s beautiful forum as a member.

So I do not accept the claim of righteousness for demanding a ban because of some faulty aspects of very few forum posts.

A lot of tech testing is not without faults, neither the implications from them. Ebrahim has left a great amount of knowledge. We can appreciate that and

be thankful for that.  And we should not get drained down to the ugly position of dissing his beautiful achievements.

If he is guilty of the scam, his scam will not be forgotten without apologies, honesty and compensation,

but most of all honesty.

Like the great Bobby DeNiro JR. said in the Deerhunter:"this is this and that is that"

(I call him Bobby since he has been calling me Marty:)

cheers, Marty

cheers, Marty:)

9 hours ago, gh2sound said:

Ebrahim Saadawi is a 21 year-old Doctor, Filmmaker, and a Filmmaking Instructor, teaching both photography/videography circles throughout the country and online courses, based in Mansoura, Egypt.

I wonder where these online courses are?

7 hours ago, Ed_David said:

Also im going to spend 200 dollars on an Egyptian journalist to research your dad and yourself.

I rather just give that money to timotheous.

I have started the process.

Just tell the truth and save us the trouble.

Are you sending it via Western Union? ;)

10 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

I wonder where these online courses are?

There might not be any others besides the beautiful posts of Ebrahim here on Eoshd. That´s plenty of beautiful free knowledge for interested readers.

Now watching Zach´s newest video and then going to bed. Best to you guys

LOL I'm afraid we just were his students on his EOSHD online courses taught for over so many of these pages... :grin: Funny situation, scam plot aside. This time he went in the class into the reverse side and character. Senior and junior with no capital letter, the whole in one, a darker one... hard core genre with google SafeSearch on. He is still a teenager or alike, after all. But also because this community has grouped altogether in order to help the most fragile side. It could happen to anyone of us indeed. That's all, folks! In the end, a good lesson to whom has still been unable to understand the world is not the easiest place for flights on the circus of life without a fair net below ; ) I bet next steps will flourish in a different script ;-)

49 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

Like the great Bobby DeNiro JR. said in the Deerhunter:"this is this and that is that"

(I call him Bobby since he has been calling me Marty:)

cheers, Marty

cheers, Marty:)

How's that for  a reveal.

Not to be a debbie downer....but his idea of downsampling pixels at 4k makes no sense.

And also as someone else said....

Ettr only works probably at 12bit 4444 at least

Dont quote me on that

But ettr at 420 8bit h.264 is going to have noisy highlights and shadows

This is why i no longer shoot slog2 on a7s and heavan forbide slog3 which is an even more agressive curve.

Take it all w a grain of salt. All of it.

Do your own tests.

All pro dps do tests before they shoot a feature or commercial.

Always have.

We all need to be scientific.

I know we all dont have the money to buy gear but there are professional sites w more scientific tests by working dps as i said.

Cml is your best friend as an inspiring dp

This is getting boring now. The truth of the matter is this... 

ES LIED. The burden of proof is on him. And until he proves otherwise, which is actually quite simple. Show a video of the elder and younger ES and a copy of the Police Report that they have claimed to have filed. 

Until those simple deeds are done, all of the facts point that the elder ES does not exist in the capacity that was represented on this forum and ES needs to do the proper thing to make it right. 

Timotheus and Tomas trusted ES based upon his long track record and high rating on this site. If he was honest from the onset, his rating may have not been so high because his supposed resume wouldn't have led people to believe what he was preaching was a hundred percent accurate. 

Just because Timotheus and Tomas should not have fallen for the oldest African Western Union scam in the book, doesn't let ES off the hook.

This is still a crime.

Since ES is located in a 3rd world country with more problems to deal with than $600, there is little to be done to get there money back, unless ES does the admirable thing. Timotheus has already stated that he was contacted by ES to somehow make things right. Although I still highly doubt he has owned up to anything. 

If he does, great. That is the respectable, honorable and manly thing to do. He speaks of respect, let's see if he lives by those words. 

If anyone wants to believe his previous posts were "beautiful" by all means... Everyone is entitled to their opinion... I believe they are lies filled with half truths designed to uphold a fictitious persona.

I believe the kid has mental issues and I wish him all the luck in the world. I would love to see his work with whatever camera he does actually own... It may be genius.

For now, I'd rather go back to my theory that the elder and younger ES were abducted by the aliens that built the pyramids and after the prodding and probing they put alien filmmaker DNA into the grandson's body... But not enough money to afford the taxes for a 1dC.