How I got scammed through "Ebrahim Saadawi"

Timotheus

20 minutes ago, Kurtisso said:

DUDE.

WOW. Still trying to lure @Zach Goodwin out?

Man, that pic is internet history, scambaiter.com,etc... They don't teach this in highschool?

13 minutes ago, mercer said:

You know what though, if the kid had the balls to post a photoshopped pic of the two only photos of Sr., Jr and/or the III, he would regain a little of my respect back...

The older man is real and his father, they have the same nose and face, and he was present at the sisters wedding.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 7/14/2016 at 9:04 AM, Geoff CB said:

I tried to buy the exact same item from him. I declined. Damn shame and sorry you got hit with it instead.

"

Hello Geof. 

How can I calculate shipping? 

I am afraid the shipping would be as high as 100% of my asked price thus I'd be selling it for free,

or else I'd have to increase the price 50-100% on you to get my asked payment.

Which wouldn't be very good for you.

(If shipping is low enough, it'll cost you as I mentioned 300$ total, shipping on me. Plus you certainly qualify for the EOSHD 50$ discount so comes to 250$ total, A steal.

If you shipping cost reproaches 100% (250$), I wouldn't be able to sell it for lower than 250$ + 125$ (50%) = 375$ (Still a good deal for you for the RG version with witness marks but a bad deal for be as that way I get 50% of my asked price, effectively selling it for 125$, but that's hopefully not the case) 

Shipping through UPS seems to be the only available option in Egypt and Western Union Money Exchange seems to be the only way to receive my payment here. So we'll have to use these. 

Thanks 

Ebrahim Saadawi
+201144173159
ebrahimsaadawi@gmail.com
Cairo, mansoura, Egypt

"

"It IS a hit since I recently paid 599$ + 150$ shipping for it. But it has no locally customer, zero, and I have zero need for it. Another member offered 350$ to compensate for the 100$ shipping cost. So will go through with that. If it it's not sold i'll let you know. thanks geoff. "

Called phone

Didnt go thru. Doesnt seem like a real number

Code for egypt is right though

12 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

Man, that pic is internet history, scambaiter.com,etc... They don't teach this in highschool?

The older man is real and his father, they have the same nose and face, and he was present at the sisters wedding.

Oh okay, missed that part. You guys are good at this shit. I just enjoy the narrative. And what a narrative it is. 

Damn.

That's definitely confusing as hell. I was defending the guy. Now I don't know what to believe. So those hundreds of posts were all written by this young guy? Or does Sr. exist, but has become ill or passed away?

Was there an answer or explanation about the stolen footage on vimeo?

Just now, Amro Othman said:

Damn.

That's definitely confusing as hell. I was defending the guy. Now I don't know what to believe. So those hundreds of posts were all written by this young guy? Or does Sr. exist, but has become ill or passed away?

Was there an answer or explanation about the stolen footage on vimeo?

His explanation for the stolen footage is that it was just meant as a cinematic compliation, something like tumblr with videos on vimeo. But if you do that you put the reference there (as every college student should know).

15 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

His explanation for the stolen footage is that it was just meant as a cinematic compliation, something like tumblr with videos on vimeo. But if you do that you put the reference there (as every college student should know).

Also he called it a 35mm cinematography reel and had said a lot in the past the snr shoots film

From my internet search in arabic...i have no confirmation his dad works in film nor a physician nor radiologist. Based on the dads supposed post on the issue of radiation...he showed no scientific knowledge of it.

That the father has never posted once on the account.

I tried calling just now....no answer. No ringtone. Not a real number

I tried emailing....nothing

His brother and sister are on instagram.

He even posted the name of his professor at dental school.

For being so smart hes not good at covering his tracks at all.

P.s. ebrahim...if only you didnt call the guys you scammed a fool. You threw the first stone.

Hes a smart kid for sure.

But being smart doesnt mean you are a good criminal.

Also he reported his camera 1dx stolen. Claimed it cost 28k usd in import costs when i see import costs are 4 percent not 300 percent.

Says his dad is a famou Egyptian filmmaker...no records.

I wrote to him an ultimatum. He has 48 hours.

My wifes friend is an award winning doc filmmaker in egypt.

I am going to be contacting her soon to work on this as well as his brother and sister and teacher and every other friend on his instagram. 

And of course the police

Though i have little faith in the police.

I think either the kid does the right thing or watches his future career go down right before his eyes.

Right from the offset this account was weird - why would 2 people share an account? It makes absolute no sense whatsoever!

As far as the multitude of posts go, what did he really offer but his opinion & most of it was presented in a manner that was boardering on being condesending - I do believe he claimed to have used every single camera around, but could never post any footage to prove his points. I stopped reading what he wrote a long time ago because they were long winded BS & offered nothing of great importance - he recommended a lens or a camera, big fucking deal! Anyone can do that.

So this guy, young or old, dentist or radiologist, innocent or guilty, filmmaker or fake should just go & live out whatever fantasy he's built for himself somewhere else.

I'm as confused as the next person, but he's definitely slipped up in this thread & it'll be impossible for him to ever post here again.

5 minutes ago, Bioskop.Inc said:

Right from the offset this account was weird - why would 2 people share an account? It makes absolute no sense whatsoever!

As far as the multitude of posts go, what did he really offer but his opinion & most of it was presented in a manner that was boardering on being condesending - I do believe he claimed to have used every single camera around, but could never post any footage to prove his points. I stopped reading what he wrote a long time ago because they were long winded BS & offered nothing of great importance - he recommended a lens or a camera, big fucking deal! Anyone can do that.

So this guy, young or old, dentist or radiologist, innocent or guilty, filmmaker or fake should just go & live out whatever fantasy he's built for himself somewhere else.

I'm as confused as the next person, but he's definitely slipped up in this thread & it'll be impossible for him to ever post here again.

Let's be honest though, there are plenty of members of this forum that embellish their skills without any proof otherwise. This is primarily a gear forum to discuss tech. 

Ebrahim Sybil Saadawi, although long winded and sometimes condescending, still gained a lot of trust from people on this site and even had a post or two published on other members' personal websites. In the end does it really matter if the elder Saadawi exists at all... No not really.

It never did.

The kid still could have earned respect without that fictitious character. He obviously has issues. And unfortunately there's a thing called personal responsibility and now he has to pay for those actions. Hopefully it will be a learning experience for him that takes him from childhood to manhood... If not, that's his problem.

But just think about the other young filmmakers that read this forum and read his "sage" advice and what cameras and equipment they may have purchased based on this child's lies... 

But again, personal responsibility comes into play... Even with the people who were scammed.

19 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

Also he called it a 35mm cinematography reel and had said a lot in the past the snr shoots film

From my internet search in arabic...i have no confirmation his dad works in film nor a physician nor radiologist. Based on the dads supposed post on the issue of radiation...he showed no scientific knowledge of it.

That the father has never posted once on the account.

I tried calling just now....no answer. No ringtone. Not a real number

I tried emailing....nothing

His brother and sister are on instagram.

He even posted the name of his professor at dental school.

For being so smart hes not good at covering his tracks at all.

P.s. ebrahim...if only you didnt call the guys you scammed a fool. You threw the first stone.

Hes a smart kid for sure.

But being smart doesnt mean you are a good criminal.

Also he reported his camera 1dx stolen. Claimed it cost 28k usd in import costs when i see import costs are 4 percent not 300 percent.

Says his dad is a famou Egyptian filmmaker...no records.

I wrote to him an ultimatum. He has 48 hours.

My wifes friend is an award winning doc filmmaker in egypt.

I am going to be contacting her soon to work on this as well as his brother and sister and teacher and every other friend on his instagram. 

And of course the police

Though i have little faith in the police.

I think either the kid does the right thing or watches his future career go down right before his eyes.

And the only thing he has to do is admit the truth,right? This is going to be complicated because you are asking for something this type of personality [...] is not capable of. I've seen this a lot of times, even the tiniest absurd and insignificant lies when exposed will lead to pompus and ridiciulous explanations where something but most of the time someone else is guilty.

5 minutes ago, Bioskop.Inc said:

Yeah, that just seems silly. I tried to see it from a perspective of a loving grandfather and his grandson both having the same name and not bothering to make a second account because it doesn't matter much to them... but it still doesn't make sense at all. 

I myself am half Egyptian and have family living in Egypt. My cousins are really into production and one does videography, so it wouldn't be difficult to ask him to look into it and verify the whole story.

I hope this young guy takes everybody's advice and just confesses and offers a sincere apology. 

You a smart guy Ebrahim. Don't hurt your future further by trying to squirm out of this situation. As a fellow Egyptian and as a guy who liked reading your posts, I implore you to take peoples' advice and end the game here.

5 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

And the only thing he has to do is admit the truth,right? This is going to be complicated because you are asking for something this type of personality [...] is not capable of. I've seen this a lot of times, even the tiniest absurd and insignificant lies when exposed will lead to pompus and ridiciulous explanations where something but most of the time someone else is guilty.

Yup, it's always someone else's fault. 

37 minutes ago, mercer said:

Let's be honest though, there are plenty of members of this forum that embellish their skills without any proof otherwise. This is primarily a gear forum to discuss tech.

But just think about the other young filmmakers that read this forum and read his "sage" advice and what cameras and equipment they may have purchased based on this child's lies... 

After a while you get to see through all of that over embellishment - it's the tone of the writer that is the biggest give away.

I lost all interest in him ages ago & I do believe it was his post about using ETTR on 8-bit DSLR footage that was the final straw - everyone knows you ETTR with RAW & only RAW, shit I wouldn't do it with ProRes HQ let alone DSLR codecs. (I'll stand corrected if that post wasn't him, but I think i'm right).

It's sad really, but there are a lot of lonely people out there that need validation. However, the only problem with not telling the truth, is that you WILL slip up sooner or later.

God I miss ZACH, at least we all know where we stand with him!

4 minutes ago, Bioskop.Inc said:

After a while you get to see through all of that over embellishment - it's the tone of the writer that is the biggest give away.

I lost all interest in him ages ago & I do believe it was his post about using ETTR on 8-bit DSLR footage that was the final straw - everyone knows you ETTR with RAW & only RAW, shit I wouldn't do it with ProRes HQ let alone DSLR codecs. (I'll stand corrected if that post wasn't him, but I think i'm right).

It's sad really, but there are a lot of lonely people out there that need validation. However, the only problem with not telling the truth, is that you WILL slip up sooner or later.

God I miss ZACH, at least we all know where we stand with him!

This is what I mean and this is why this whole thing sucks. I came into this forum without knowing how little I knew. In some ways I got better, but in other ways I started questioning a lot of my instincts. Due to posts like his, about ETTR I began using that method with every camera I have used. I am planning on picking up an XC10 and would have used it as well with it. Now I'm really confused, but luckily I have recently learned as you said... To wade through the BS. Even if it's coming through my fingertips. 

Hello Geof. 

How can I calculate shipping? 

I am afraid the shipping would be as high as 100% of my asked price thus I'd be selling it for free,

or else I'd have to increase the price 50-100% on you to get my asked payment.

Which wouldn't be very good for you.

(If shipping is low enough, it'll cost you as I mentioned 300$ total, shipping on me. Plus you certainly qualify for the EOSHD 50$ discount so comes to 250$ total, A steal.

If you shipping cost reproaches 100% (250$), I wouldn't be able to sell it for lower than 250$ + 125$ (50%) = 375$ (Still a good deal for you for the RG version with witness marks but a bad deal for be as that way I get 50% of my asked price, effectively selling it for 125$, but that's hopefully not the case) 

Shipping through UPS seems to be the only available option in Egypt and Western Union Money Exchange seems to be the only way to receive my payment here. So we'll have to use these. 

Thanks 

Ebrahim Saadawi
+201144173159
ebrahimsaadawi@gmail.com
Cairo, mansoura, Egypt

"

"It IS a hit since I recently paid 599$ + 150$ shipping for it. But it has no locally customer, zero, and I have zero need for it. Another member offered 350$ to compensate for the 100$ shipping cost. So will go through with that. If it it's not sold i'll let you know. thanks geoff. "

Ed posted this quote a couple of hrs ago...note the price he paid for it, though Ebrahim (SNR?) did a review on this with the disclaimer that SLRMagic sent it to him to review. The problem with lies is that you have to have an excellent memory and someone is lying here...very few people ever have a problem with remembering the truth...

Maybe Zach and Ebrahim are the same person!...hmmm...talk about obfuscation!...the plot thickens