How I got scammed through "Ebrahim Saadawi"

Timotheus

36 minutes ago, mercer said:

Wow. This is absolutely hilarious. Not for the scammed, I really feel for you guys, but that this dimwit even exists in the world... Even if it is the third world. The crazy thing is... There is more to this story... More fake names... More half truths... More scams. What a dummy. Seriously... No crime was committed?! What a dope. Or maybe we're the dopes, because I partially believe that this whole fucking thing is fake and it has been from the start. There is no Ebrahim Saadawi to find because he never existed because he was made up by somebody, and not somebody in Egypt. 

It might actually be true. But, some Ebrahim Saadawi had to identify himself in order to receive the money from WU in one of their local antennae in Egypt. The point here is when people tend to neglect there's a border between reality and narrative. People brains are much better functional safeguards in this cyber world and time we all live in nowadays. Scams and scammers are part of the game. Easy to log in, much harder to be offside. Assistant referee signals are all of them such a bitch.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
15 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

It might actually be true. But, some Ebrahim Saadawi had to identify himself in order to receive the money from WU in one of their local antennae in Egypt. The point here is when people tend to neglect there's a border between reality and narrative. People brains are much better functional safeguards in this cyber world and time we all live in nowadays. Scams and scammers are part of the game. Easy to log in, much harder to be offside. Assistant referee signals are all of them such a bitch.

My point was... Which I don't believe a hundred percent either, is that the whole thing is a scam, a made up story. There was no western union transfer. Have we even seen a western union confirmation slip? What did western union say when they were contacted about the fraud? I don't know, this scam by someone claiming to be a Ebrahim Saadawi probably did occur but at this point with this weirdo woven web, I believe anything is possible.

2 minutes ago, mercer said:

My point was... Which I don't believe a hundred percent either, is that the whole thing is a scam, a made up story. There was no western union transfer. Have we even seen a western union confirmation slip? What did western union say when they were contacted about the fraud? I don't know, this scam by someone claiming to be a Ebrahim Saadawi probably did occur but at this point with this weirdo woven web, I believe anything is possible.

Indeed, when we enter in the territory of faith, everything is possible. Facts are still facts, though. As well, our brains when can be used under all circumstances and above us, passionate pawns of the reality chess.

14 hours ago, AaronChicago said:
13 hours ago, mercer said:
10 minutes ago, mercer said:

Yeah this is getting more and more tangled with every post. So, the logical conclusion is that the grandson did it for whatever reason, he needed some money, he got caught up with the wrong people... Whatever. And now, if the OG Ebrahim even exists, he is covering up for the kid, knowing the kid could get into BIG trouble for this since multiple international laws have been broken. Most likely OG Ebrahim has reached out to an attorney and will end up not paying because, that is some form of admission of guilt. But in reality, until OG Ebrahim confirms his identity through some form of video chat or by uploading a video of himself discussing the matter, there is no other explanation but to assume he never existed... Or has passed away since he joined this forum. Unfortunately there is probably little legally to be done, I'm sure the Egyptian authorities have more important things to do and I doubt Interpol will look into it... If they even have any authority or connections in Egypt. So unless there's a link to this kid and some bigger criminal enterprise, involving other fake forum members on this site and other sites... Doubtful anything can really be done. But this is seriously some interesting shit... If Ebrahim was here, he'd ask me to watch my language... Fuck 'em. 

Wow. That's pretty damning. How could someone hack into his Facebook, EOSHD acct, and have a fake ID to pick up money at Western Union. PLUS have access to the gear that he was known to have. If you're logging into your Facebook, or forums frequently (which it looks like he does), you're going to see messages from 6 people inquiring about transactions. This was over a substantial amount of time too.

wu.png

Well, the facts (according to a Yiddish old saying, "the truth comes") pop out... like oil on water, sooner or later.

That's the real deal and a real bitch! : D

Never underestimate the other side and you'll be fine. Some call it defensive or tactics... The utmost rule for modern football/soccer. For some reason, Portugal won the Euro this time, sorry guys! :-)

5 hours ago, Ebrahim Saadawi said:

The nature of the scam being "legal" is what's complicating things for us here in the case file. We cannot add the scam to the case alongside the 1D theft as it's not illegal, we showed the officer the messages that he was promising to send a product after receiving the WU transfer hoping this could make a case, and we were told it's not a crime we can act against, he promised someone he will send something that belongs to him and didn't. Just that. An Unfullfilled promise isn't a crime. And then receiving money on WU is not a crime and cannot be acted upon. So the case is just the 1D theft. But have no worries, as soon as we get the 1Dc thief we'll also know the scammer automatically.  

***I hope the following does not come off as a threat but I HAVE been threatened and need to respond back. I have been told that ''I will send people to teach you some manner. I don't use law I deal with the streets code. I'll come over there and extract the money from your body, etc) So To these people who are threatening me: If you have any knowledge of Egypt's streets you would not say this. Because you would know that we live by the way of Tribes where we protect each other, with ammunition and heavy military machinery, you'd know that we're in a war zone, and that you'd need an actual army, to physically touch Saadawi either jr or sr. So good luck with that! I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that (for the other person's sake) and that someone would get hurt trying to reach a person he believes he scammed him but actually didn't. Would be a very sad situation. 

Ahaha, oh god, your tribe. Let's imagine you are real :)

I've been to egyptian weddings, and there were like 2000 people  (in spain there used to come 600 for a normal family). On your sisters wedding there were like 40 people at best, although the geenie from alladin was also invited, which gives extra points (i had to give you that)). This means you are as poor as the stones and lucky enough to go to odontology, a guy that makes 2000$ a day would have invited 4000 people to daughters wedding.

Maybe saadawi sr is real, but he has like 40 saadawi jrs, and these stories are a way to make up an imaginated relationship with your father. (lol)

26 minutes ago, IshootbeforeItalk said:

wu.png

Facts are good, that takes one of my conspiracy theories off the table. What did Western Union say when you contacted them? Was the money wired to an official hub or to a store that offers western union services?

4 minutes ago, mercer said:

Facts are good, that takes one of my conspiracy theories off the table. What did Western Union say when you contacted them? Was the money wired to an official hub or to a store that offers western union services?

Or directly to the Ebrahim Saadawi's bank account. WU offers it as option in the most of the countries, I guess Egypt should follow the rule.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

This is simply a game for you people. You're talking about my reputation here and destroying all these wonderful friendships I've made throughout the years. It's really making me actually ''sad''. That fucking scammer ruined my summer holiday AND my reputation on my most beloved community. EOSHD. 

While at the same time, you're playing a game of counting how many people were at my sister's wedding (what the hell?), spelling mistakes I've made throughout the years here (again what the hell?). 

A simplest clue to the honesty of my side of the story is that I am here. I could simply disappear, vanish, never come to EOSHD, never approve of strangers into my FB acount, and live on as a king with the 300$ of the RF! If I had done so there would be no way to get your money back aside of flying here and ''extracting it out of my body'' as you said. And by all means I would say go ahead, if I was the scammer. So playing the game of scaring the kid legally and physically isn't going to work, both you and I, know if I were the scammer I could get away with it in the easiest way possible.  

BTW, I have 1 SLR Magic Rangefinder unit here and I was thinking to send it to one of the people who fell for the scam, I think two? Timotheous and Thomas? But I would not know who to send it to and if it'd be fair to do so for the other one. But again, maybe this would correct half of the problem. 

I lost a 1DC I know I'll never get back. So losing a Rangefinder + shipping fee is something I am willing to do to help these poor men who got scammed.   

Then my grand father would have to only pay for one instead of two once the case is closed.

If Thomas and Tim could agree who to send it to I will do it.  

5 hours ago, Emanuel said:

It is a pity because I've been used to read the posts from Ebrahim Saadawi's account as one of a kind of the finest content you can find in these or other similar pages. Those posts deserved much better reputation now and for days to come.

I am sincerely sad to hear that, Ebrahim, you've always seemed the kind of guy we appreciate to have for dinner here at home. 

Thank you and I assure you I still am the same person. It's very disheartening that there are hundreds of members here who would say the same words I quoted and now think of me as a scammer. Perhaps the worst scam I've ever been into in my whole life. It destroys me inside. But again thank you so much. 

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi
1 minute ago, IshootbeforeItalk said:

Then your name is cleared.

How does that work exactly. It's not cleared and never will be. Thanks to you not appreciating the fact that I got scammed too. So I'll never be able to post or be respected in my most beloved community here. 

***I don't have your address, the scammer does. I don't even know your name but I assume you're Timoetheous Overtoon? 

-Please send the information again. (Ill send it after Timotheous approves of it) 

3 minutes ago, Ebrahim Saadawi said:

This is simply a game for you people. You're talking about my reputation here and destroying all these wondYou might terful friendships I've made throughout the years. It's really making me actually ''sad''. That fucking scammer ruined my summer holiday AND my reputation on my most beloved community. EOSHD. 

While at the same time, you're playing a game of counting how many people were at my sister's wedding (what the hell?), spelling mistakes I've made throughout the years here (again what the hell?). 

A simplest clue to the honesty of my side of the story is that I am here. I could simply disappear, vanish, never come to EOSHD, never approve of strangers into my FB acount, and live on as a king with the 300$ of the RF! If I had done so there would be no way to get your money back aside of flying here and ''extracting it out of my body'' as you said. And by all means I would say go ahead, if I was the scammer. So playing the game of scaring the kid legally and physically isn't going to work, both you and I, know if I were the scammer I could get away with it in the easiest way possible.  

BTW, I have 1 SLR Magic Rangefinder unit here and I was thinking to send it to one of the people who fell for the scam, I think two? Timotheous and Thomas? But I would not know who to send it to and if it'd be fair to do so for the other one. But again, maybe this would correct half of the problem. 

I lost a 1DC I know I'll never get back. So losing a Rangefinder + shipping fee is something I am willing to do to help these poor men who got scammed.   

Then my grand father would have to only pay for one instead of two once the case is closed.

If Thomas and Tim could agree who to send it to I will do it.  

Mate, relax. You dont really have a reputation that is in any danger, in reality. You are worried about a couple of dozen strangers who wouldnt even know you if you bumped into them in the street? You young people need to worry less about your online reputation. If you are the victim or a theft and a hack then you should be worried about the physical person/people who have betrayed your trust not any of us here.

Sure, I made promises of violence to anyone who tried to steal from me. This is not directed at you in particular but the person who ever takes from me or my family. I am sure you can appreciate that sentiment, as your blood must be boiling knowing someone potentially close to your family has allegedly caused all this. 

In defense of all involved in this crazy thread, it just goes to show that people take this kind of thing seriously. Nobody likes being lied to and ripped off and as much as it seems the finger has been pointed at you as the culprit, perhaps some of this digging and probing will actually help you clear your name. That being said, there was been a couple of interesting theories and some things just dont quite add up.

Your grandfather sounds like he wants to do the honorable thing and refund the victims but i dont think its his responsibility unless he is the nicest human ever or has a reason to clear this up (for someone)

Interesting, also is that the item being used in this scam is something you claim to actually have. This scammer sure knows your inventory. Be different if the scammer was selling something you dont even have any history with.

eitherway, it is entertaining and if you are truly the victim of a scam yourself then you should not worry to much about any of this crap. It might actually be the perfect feature film for you to write and shoot with your media company because the script is being written right before your very eyes and its clearly got a decent audience. You could use your rangefinder to shoot it? Imagine the added drama of the tribes on the streets and the machine guns and stuff, throw in a twist, something like a love interest, maybe its the sister who is falling for one of the victims behind the families back, helping him get closer to the truth? A fast car chase scene and you have a blockbuster! I see Jared Leto playing Jr and Benjamin Kingsley as Snr. Mila Kunis as the sister. Can you feel it?

By the way, Finding Dory was nowhere near as deep a story as this little one!

ps, no disrespect to your sister. Just added a good twist to this blockbuster script. Lets crowd fund it and have 'investors' contribute via western union! 

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Sarcasm or not (can't tell), this actually IS a GREAT script. This would make a very fresh and modern feature, with a message to viewers about internet scams, love, third world countries, etc. It really is a great film to make. 

Complete sarcasm. i may talk a bit of rubbish but I dont like to seriously hurt peoples feelings, regardless whether i think my online opinion should affect them or not.

This is why i wrote the little disclaimer at the bottom about not intentionally disrespecting your sister or her relationship with her husband.

My advice, if you are as much of a victim as the people who lost money, take the humorous road and consider that this has caused such a fuss, not to mention there have been plenty of people on here willing to back you. In any case its amazing that this $300 (or whatever) dispute got everyone involved and supporting the greater community and if you are the victim then laugh it off with us all and please dont lose any sleep over this.

In my country, soooooo many teenagers get 'bullied' on social media and take their own lives over it. I just dont get it! This is a serious issue and not a joking matter and the point i am always trying to make is that its the internet, zeros and ones, strangers for the most part. Family and actual friends are much much more important than stupid thumbs up icons and all that bullshit. I am sick to death of seeing young people in the prime of their life looking down at their phones, getting hit by buses on the street because theyre not looking up! Your own eyes are the best camera ever invented and seeing things with your own eyes is the best experience you can have. 'liking' someones photos on social media is bullshit. 'Liking' someone on tinder is bullshit.

48 minutes ago, Ebrahim Saadawi said:

You've made? I pointed out a 'typo' by your grandfather.

32 minutes ago, Ebrahim Saadawi said:

How does that work exactly. It's not cleared and never will be. Thanks to you not appreciating the fact that I got scammed too. So I'll never be able to post or be respected in my most beloved community here. 

***I don't have your address, the scammer does. I don't even know your name but I assume you're Timoetheous Overtoon? 

-Please send the information again. (Ill send it after Timotheous approves of it) 

I think most people here want to help you clear your name if you're innocent. Did the hacker take control of your Facebook acct, email, and EOSHD account? If so, when did you notice and take back control of each?