How I got scammed through "Ebrahim Saadawi"

Timotheus

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I've got one more question. The screen shot from Facebook of supposed Ebrahim Saadawi taunting that he scammed, could the OP confirm that the account is the same one that we see as Ebrahim Junior? Or was it a burner Facebook page with not much info?

35 minutes ago, photographer-at-large said:

Young Ebrahim commented recently at Philip Bloom 1Dx2 post:

Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 11.59.27 AM.png

Someone with Facebook ask him what he knows about all of this. I don't have Facebook or I would.

4 minutes ago, AaronChicago said:

I've got one more question. The screen shot from Facebook of supposed Ebrahim Saadawi taunting that he scammed, could the OP confirm that the account is the same one that we see as Ebrahim Junior? Or was it a burner Facebook page with not much info?

OP here. The other 'victim', @IshootbeforeItalk, had this conversation on fb chat; he stated that this indeed came from the fb account of junior, which is (was?) rather extensive in personal info.

19 hours ago, mercer said:
9 minutes ago, Timotheus said:

OP here. The other 'victim', @IshootbeforeItalk, had this conversation on fb chat; he stated that this indeed came from the fb account of junior, which is (was?) rather extensive in personal info.

Yes it's the exact same profile. Here's another print screen with his profile pic on it.

ebrahim fb.png

1 hour ago, Timotheus said:

@AaronChicago the profile looked legit. Active and 1000+ friends. Here's a print screen I took of it some days ago.

And here's another detail you all should know about. Ebrahim 'Senior' signs off with a Gmail address in his response you can reach him on. But if you type it in Gmail, guess who's profile pic pops up...

profile ebrahim.png

ebrahim email.jpg

4 minutes ago, IshootbeforeItalk said:

@AaronChicago the profile looked legit. Active and 1000+ friends. Here's a print screen I took of it some days ago.

And here's another detail you all should know about. Ebrahim 'Senior' signs off with a Gmail address in his response you can reach him on. But if you type it in Gmail, guess who's profile pic pops up...

profile ebrahim.png

ebrahim email.jpg

Wow. That's pretty damning. How could someone hack into his Facebook, EOSHD acct, and have a fake ID to pick up money at Western Union. PLUS have access to the gear that he was known to have. If you're logging into your Facebook, or forums frequently (which it looks like he does), you're going to see messages from 6 people inquiring about transactions. This was over a substantial amount of time too.

1 hour ago, Grimor said:

The reply in this Facebook chat seems to be from someone who knows about Gh4 and its cinematics limits (before the anamorphic mode and Vlog) vs the great of ML raw of the 550D.

Dunno, GH4 isn't as bad as he's suggesting there. (interlaced video look?...)

Very sad to hear all this crap. I think both Ebrahim (if both posters ever existed from same account -- by the way, IIRC I remember and remind to have read here in the old signature the old one was dentist, not radiologist), they should come here to clarify... One sole post can even be more helpless... why Ebrahim mentions/asks he will soon be banned??! This is a case of Police!

1 hour ago, IshootbeforeItalk said:

profile ebrahim.png

ebrahim email.jpg

Now that gmail address + that lonely post (the first paragraph is not brilliant either) means much more...

PS: I've just read other posts of such long thread. Stolen footage and removed clips going to private throughout new posts come along, they speak by itself as Anthony (Squig) has pointed out. Disappointing, to say the least, Ebrahim or whoever you are.

Sad story.

Yeah this is getting more and more tangled with every post. So, the logical conclusion is that the grandson did it for whatever reason, he needed some money, he got caught up with the wrong people... Whatever. And now, if the OG Ebrahim even exists, he is covering up for the kid, knowing the kid could get into BIG trouble for this since multiple international laws have been broken. Most likely OG Ebrahim has reached out to an attorney and will end up not paying because, that is some form of admission of guilt. But in reality, until OG Ebrahim confirms his identity through some form of video chat or by uploading a video of himself discussing the matter, there is no other explanation but to assume he never existed... Or has passed away since he joined this forum. Unfortunately there is probably little legally to be done, I'm sure the Egyptian authorities have more important things to do and I doubt Interpol will look into it... If they even have any authority or connections in Egypt. So unless there's a link to this kid and some bigger criminal enterprise, involving other fake forum members on this site and other sites... Doubtful anything can really be done. But this is seriously some interesting shit... If Ebrahim was here, he'd ask me to watch my language... Fuck 'em. 

The fees on importing a 8000usd camera from usa to egypt is about 600 dollars.  Not 16000 usd.

This whole dentist switching to physician thing is a new angle.

That w the stolen images.

We have a nerdy kelzer sultse

Heres official duty guide...

new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/saved_calculations/view_details/205374626

Im going to ask an Egyptian resident to clarify this.

28 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

IIRC weren't "they" father and son too, Ed?

Right i initially thought that

I just read thru his latest posts.

Hes definitely a young person.

Hes not talking like someone with 20 plus years of experience.

Using words like filmic.

Especially if he shoots 35mm

And really would you have a reel you call 35mm reel?

No you have A reel.

And nothing on there felt like shot on celluloid.

5 hours ago, bamigoreng said:

He knows. That video/reel on Vimeo is now private.

Interesting.

Also interesting that I've contacted Ebrahim through the email posted earlier in this thread. I've offered to help give advice to find a 3rd party scammer through data forensics - without any reply. Yet a second time I offered to help here in the forum thread.

Yet, he has found it important enough to make that reel private, which shows that he (or someone who cares about Saadawi Medias reputation) in fact is reading this thread, most likely Ebrahim Jr.

It certainly does not look good for Ebrahim Jr if the priorities are to hide traces of wrongdoings.

1 hour ago, Ed_David said:

The fees on importing a 8000usd camera from usa to egypt is about 600 dollars.  Not 16000 usd.

This whole dentist switching to physician thing is a new angle.

That w the stolen images.

We have a nerdy kelzer sultse

Heres official duty guide...

new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/saved_calculations/view_details/205374626

Im going to ask an Egyptian resident to clarify this.

Most likely Senior doesn't exist. There is no 1DC (S/N with 11 digits!), Saadawi Media, Nuclear Radiology Center...

Jr - he only has 1100D, Zoom H1, 50mm, 18-55 and SLR Magic RF: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=29545

- Instagram: no pics of his grandfather holding a camera, filming, editing, Saadawi Media, at work in a Rad. Center https://www.instagram.com/ebrahimsaadawi/

- 'famous' view from his balcony (No.4, DR): http://www.desktop-documentaries.com/10-elements-of-a-high-quality-image.html

and Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/137917028

22 minutes ago, bamigoreng said:

Most likely Senior doesn't exist.

(...)

Unfortunately, it seems so. I guess it is only a sad story of a teenager who's asking for a severe reprimand. The trouble here is the user himself says in his own signature he is 19 years old already.

I would have bought it from him too. I'd urge the young fellow with his face spread all over internet sites such as Vimeo, Instagram, etc to refund the buyers immediately, before the things may become even worse.

8 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Unfortunately, it seems so. I guess it is only a sad story of a teenager who's asking for a severe reprimand. The trouble here is the user himself says in his own signature he is 19 years old already.

I had bought it from him too. I'd urge the young fellow with his face spread all over internet sites such as Vimeo, Instagram, etc to refund the buyers immediately, before the things may become even worse.

Yeah, very sad story. Junior (EOSHD member - April 2014): 

His sister (on the forum he also refered to her as his niece :) in that one thread where he dissapeared some time after it got too specific) recently married. Someone had to pay for all the canapées.

Or maybe he is funding his voyage to the promised land to escape the terrible war in egypt, where he will work under Mr. Butterling.

He still has the chance for a move in behalf of fairness, peacefulness and his own scalp. As usual, it is up to us. So, It just depends on him. Facts are upon the most benevolence of a well-meaning credulity. IMHO his post has been a mere attempt to test his reputation among the other members of this community. So, there's also a role reserved for all of us.