Some shots with the ridicously impractical LOMO 35-NAP2-3M

Justin Bacle

On 1/12/2019 at 1:49 AM, leslie said:

are you sure you haven't missed any little screws around the outside ?  i have heard of paint covering them over,  making disassembly  near impossible

After a 1 month battle... finally took it apart!

Leslie I did actually miss 2 small, real deep screws (heart0less pointed them out earlier in the thread). That helped separate the front focusing element from the 2 rear cylinders, which were still "welded" together so my problem wasn't quite solved yet.

Decided to throw that part into the freezer for 30 min. Meanwhile boiled about an inch of water in a pan (it's like I'm on a cooking show). Put the cold lens inside a Ziploc bag and sat into the water bath with the black rim facing down (this element needed to expand since the other is screwed into it). After that the rubber strap wrenches finished the job with barely any force needed. Great success??

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190115193242181_COVER_2.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 1/16/2019 at 11:08 AM, boggyfresh said:

After a 1 month battle... finally took it apart!

Leslie I did actually miss 2 small, real deep screws (heart0less pointed them out earlier in the thread). That helped separate the front focusing element from the 2 rear cylinders, which were still "welded" together so my problem wasn't quite solved yet.

Decided to throw that part into the freezer for 30 min. Meanwhile boiled about an inch of water in a pan (it's like I'm on a cooking show). Put the cold lens inside a Ziploc bag and sat into the water bath with the black rim facing down (this element needed to expand since the other is screwed into it). After that the rubber strap wrenches finished the job with barely any force needed. Great success??

i guess its only to be expected that with the fine threads and being screwed together for decades or  perhaps longer that theses things would just about weld themselves together. good to hear that you had success in the end ?