The 4K Fuji X-T2 is here

Mattias Burling

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
58 minutes ago, jonpais said:

It's a fine lens, right?

I haven't used it extensively or tested much with it but I haven't had anyone from the agency saying "What the fuck have you shot this shit with?" about stuff I have submitted with it.

So on that basis ve got no complaints about it thus far! 

1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

That log stuff I put up was with the 18-55 

Okay, this is a screengrab from my movie:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/weec4k8c4jdmpot/compare1.jpg?dl=1

And this is one from BTM_Pix's ProNegStd.mov:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tni42dns4ibr9li/compare2.jpg?dl=1

This one is even more blurry than mine, at least to my eyes, but I let you guys make the judgement.

1 hour ago, jonpais said:

No, it is definitely the 18-55mm. If you can't tell this is sharp at 1080p, there's a problem with your monitor.

It's sharp when I compare it to other 1080p footages, but I watch it on a UHD monitor, so it can't be as sharp as a properly shot UHD footage, naturally.

I uploaded a short video for reference. It contains 4 of my sharpest clips from my last trip, using the 18-55: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5tselgh7a3yol6/tihany_spring.mov?dl=1
These are all shot with sharpness set to -3, at high shutter speeds with OIS left on.
My other clips from this trip are all blurrier than these 4, a lot of them are completely unusable. I'll do some more tests this week at the same location with the same settings but with OIS turned off. I'd like to know if I have a focusing issue and/or an OIS issue.

9 minutes ago, Luke Mason said:

Quick question for those XT-2 video shooters, does the camera apply chromatic abberation, shading and distortion correction to the images in video mode?

From what I've seen so far I'm pretty sure it's applied in video mode too. An evidence might be this video where the correction is faulty. It's been shot with the 18-55 btw.

6 hours ago, Taranis said:

By accident I just found another one, this time with the 10-24 lens. I wonder if this is some kind of lens problem, or body.

What is it we're supposed to be looking for here? You seem to be searching for ten-second clips online by people who don't have a clue as to how to use a camera. There's lots of beautiful footage online as well, by more experienced photographers. I also own the G85 - if I search Google all day long, I can find even longer clips that look even more atrocious than the ones you've shared. Sorry if I sound a little upset, but I own the X-T2 and a half dozen or so lenses; I've posted all my videos here at EOSHD; and none look as bad as the samples you've posted. The X-T2 is an outstanding camera, and most users agree that Fuji's lenses are outstanding as well. If there's a problem with your lens, Fuji is supposed to have excellent customer service.

4 hours ago, jonpais said:

What is it we're supposed to be looking for here? You seem to be searching for ten-second clips online by people who don't have a clue as to how to use a camera. There's lots of beautiful footage online as well, by more experienced photographers. I also own the G85 - if I search Google all day long, I can find even longer clips that look even more atrocious than the ones you've shared. Sorry if I sound a little upset, but I own the X-T2 and a half dozen or so lenses; I've posted all my videos here at EOSHD; and none look as bad as the samples you've posted. The X-T2 is an outstanding camera, and most users agree that Fuji's lenses are outstanding as well. If there's a problem with your lens, Fuji is supposed to have excellent customer service.

This clip along with the other clip shows some of the image artifacts possibly caused by in-camera lens correction used real time in video mode.

2 hours ago, Taranis said:

I posted two examples of in camera lens correction problems, to prove that in camera correction works for video too. Please read the thread before you start to criticise.

I don't believe I'm witnessing this with my footage using the 18-55mm. I could be wrong, but in those examples it seems very obvious to spot. Possibly an issue linked to continuous focus? Application of stabilisation via software etc.?