The 4K Fuji X-T2 is here

Mattias Burling

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

Motion is indeed weird. Looks like either struggling OIS or too high a shutter speed. It MUST be a settings thing, because I've never seen 24p at 1/50 look that noticeably bad.

literally all the fuji xt2 footage I've seen has that stuttering motion like it drops a random frame ever so often. Definitely stopped me from picking one up for myself

11 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

literally all the fuji xt2 footage I've seen has that stuttering motion like it drops a random frame ever so often. Definitely stopped me from picking one up for myself

I feel the same way, but knowing fujis philosophy, im waiting a bit for them to fix it in the next firmware update, also internal F-log.

• Super Members
26 minutes ago, damoke said:

I feel the same way, but knowing fujis philosophy, im waiting a bit for them to fix it in the next firmware update, also internal F-log.

12 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

13 hours ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

Motion is indeed weird. Looks like either struggling OIS or too high a shutter speed. It MUST be a settings thing, because I've never seen 24p at 1/50 look that noticeably bad.

Out of curiosity, what type of screens are you using. Do they have automatic switch between Hz?

Just wondering because I only see a problem when using a screen at work that is locked at 60Hz. Most screens as you know can switch back and fourth.
But in the past its happened more than once that someone from an NTSC land says there is "frame drops" in videos that Ive uploaded in 25p. When asked to check on a smartphone or other screen they report that the issue is gone.

I suspect the clip above is made in PAL and it looks fine on my screens, accept my 60Hz only Synkmaster.

8 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Out of curiosity, what type of screens are you using. Do they have automatic switch between Hz?

Just wondering because I only see a problem when using a screen at work that is locked at 60Hz. Most screens as you know can switch back and fourth.
But in the past its happened more than once that someone from an NTSC land says there is "frame drops" in videos that Ive uploaded in 25p. When asked to check on a smartphone or other screen they report that the issue is gone.

I suspect the clip above is made in PAL and it looks fine on my screens, accept my 60Hz only Synkmaster.

Im in PAL land, and im watching on a 27" dell ultrasharp and on a secondary crappy benq 21" both 60Hz. i Just watched the video above on a smartphone and still notice the motion thing, its a little bit less noticeable but i feel that its because of screen size. cheers!

17 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Another possibility could be using slow SD cards. I remember trying a not recommended SD card in my BMPCC for raw. This resulted in droping frames. Did anyone see this with my videos? I was using a LEXAR SDXC 2000x.

You can frame-step through some parts and still see the problem frame by frame.

Having a p frame codec would not result in dropped frames when writing to card but corrupt data and generally weird stuff.

If you framestep through the part at 1:42 going under the bridge it seems to speed up then slow down, taking small jumps then a big jump then small jump then two big jumps etc. Scene after shows the same type of thing. Does not seem to be OIS ether as even traveling large amount by boat in a line causes it.

It looks like the capture timing have huge jitter to it.  Someone need to put a counter in front if the camera and check. Longer shutter may lessen the effect and look better but not remove it. We need evidence in a controlled environment  Even a big rotating thing like a record player then map out the points of rotation and see if gaps are different distance apart would work.

youtube video seems to be 29.97fps

• Super Members
3 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

@Mattias Burling its not a PAL problem. This would literally be the first time I have encountered this. The Fuji XT-2 skips frames...hopefully Fuji will fix it in a firmware update if its brought to their attention

Not saying it is, was just curious since its such a common problem with any 25p camera. NX1, BMCC, BMPC4K, you name it. Ive had the question on all of them, "is that frame drops?".
Always turned out to be NTSC only monitors or playback engines. But its getting less frequent since I doubt any monitors sold today are incapable of adapting to different frame rates.

23 hours ago, Lothar said:

Via Fujirumors (http://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t2-download-look-table-lut-f-log-4k-movies/) the news came to me, that Fuji provides a LUT for the 4k F-Log movie data. They provide two files which differ in the black level.

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/lut/?hootPostID=cd7eab1a64f56e2d30655e8086dfe574

1 hour ago, photographer-at-large said:

Wow, I knew it's good, but now I see test results that prove that the Fujifilm X-T2 is even better than I thought. It was the first time for me, that I pre-ordered something, but I spent my money well.

11 minutes ago, Inazuma said:

Those are some great results. I wonder why there's such a discrepancy with the rolling shutter results between these guys and the dvxuser guy

There must be a difference in their measurement method, as all their results are lower than those of SamuelH:

X-T2 UHD: 21ms vs 29.5ms
A7SII UHD: 25ms vs 30.4ms
A6300 UHD: 34ms vs 39ms