The 4K Fuji X-T2 is here

Mattias Burling

On 1 August 2016 at 7:36 PM, iamoui said:

I love that they actually seem to listen to feedback from their users. They seem to genuinely want to make their video as good as their still photography. They may not be able to do so right away, but it makes me hopeful for the future of Fuji video.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

"Noticeable aliasing/moiré in some situations while shooting in 4K. In full HD/60p, it is more evident."

I think that line worries me. And even worse in 1080p. I could live with the lower resolution for things needing fast movement if rolling shutter is well behaved.
Although I don't see any problems where I would expect them in the video linked.
We need proper out of camera 4k and HD samples.

And this guy to give a number on rolling shutter:http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?303559-Measuring-rolling-shutter-put-a-number-on-this-issue!

10 hours ago, no_connection said:

"Noticeable aliasing/moiré in some situations while shooting in 4K. In full HD/60p, it is more evident."

I think that line worries me. And even worse in 1080p. I could live with the lower resolution for things needing fast movement if rolling shutter is well behaved.
Although I don't see any problems where I would expect them in the video linked.
We need proper out of camera 4k and HD samples.

And this guy to give a number on rolling shutter:http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?303559-Measuring-rolling-shutter-put-a-number-on-this-issue!

I don't know about you, but I've seen nothing from the X-T2 that really impresses me at all. That's not to say it's a bad camera, but in my opinion, from what I've seen, my Fuji Xpro2 has a better video image! And for those that own the Xpro2, I've talked with Fujifilm N.J., and they told me the crushed black level video recording is a known issue that has been passed along to Japan, whether they will firmware fix that is anyone's guess. If any of you are interested in having the Xpro2's highllight tone, shadow tone, color, sharpness, noise reduction, grain effect, enabled to the video capture, they told me sending an email to the Fujifilm HQ's Japan helps a lot in possibly getting that released. You can send that email from the Fujifilm global website!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The X-T2 1080p looks cleaner with less moire and aliasing than the X Pro 2.

The 4K looks to have a bit of moire and aliasing going on but only if you pixel peep it on a chart. In real shooting situations rarely will it be an issue.

The 4K from the X-T2 looks similar to the A7S II in terms of detail / moire / resolving power but softer than the A6300.

I wonder if it holds up at high ISOs as well as the A6300

If it had the IBIS of the GX85, did not crop slightly in 4K and made the F-LOG profile available for internal recording it would almost be PERFECT.

As it is... well just compare it to the X-T1... a massive leap up considering it is Fuji we're talking about!!

I think that anything with 0* shutter will have bad motion cadence.

However it does feel like some/all of it is frame rate converted from 30p or something like that as it kind of skipps ahead in motion like it drops frames. Or maybe have the speed manipulated in post.

You can also see some shots have been stabilized in post. Notably first one after water.

• Administrators

0 degree shutter?

That doesn't make sense. That shutter would be closed.

It does look like it is shot at a high shutter speed rather than an ND used... But hey it's only one of their main pre-release promotional videos so such details don't matter, obviously ;)

You get what I mean, as high as it have to go to keep exposure in sunshine. Although shutter speed would actually be referring to the rolling shutter time, and should be called shutter duration. Or exposure time if you want. But then speed would be ISO.
 Or maybe how fast the sensor travels relative to the speed of light. :glasses: