Publishers Disease

HelsinkiZim

So, I have grown to acknowledge that I always post and suddenly realise all the things I need to correct. I see the madness in my words and opinions only after I have made them public. 

Today I realized that this extends to my personal video work (paid work is scripted, so paint by number). 

i thought I had checked everything to hell and found some pretty glaring 'visual typos' the moment I watched it on YouTube as a public video. I even, started as private and reviewed the video, but as soon as I made it public I noticed everything. 

What the hell is that about?

how do you peoples' double check your personal work before uploading?

Edit!: is it some kind of perfectionism, misguided belief that my work/ opinions matter or some kind of post-millenial online asperges (like Netflix binge-watching...  OITNB was great this season by the way)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It happens to me too, all the time. I uploaded a clip to instagram about a tankfest in Trencianske Stankovce -Slovakia- And I realized after I uploaded that the logo disappeared half way in the video. I corrected it for the Youtube version but, damn, the first youtube version had twenty seconds of extra black which appeared from apparently nowhere so I had to repost it! I always feel that perfection is the worst enemy of good enough so I try to not overthink and upload stuff quickly, but it keeps biting my ass all the time. There has to be a way to make a screenshot appear before uploading screaming in capital bold DID YOU SEE THAT!!??

It's a fun test of the RX10II too. I wanted to record some clips and make some photos in raw to see if it could held on weddings and it did great. Stabilization at 200 was a little shaky, but it was handheld, so I didn't expect more. And for the color I tried to get that Kelly's heroes look. I loved it!

Other sets of eyes is always good.  My other recommendation is to add time to whatever your doing.  That is, try to finish ahead of your deadline as best you can, and let the work cool down for a while (longer is better) then re-visit it with fresh eyes to spot the things that need correcting.  This is not always realistic or practical in real-world situations, but even  couple days away from the material can give enough distance to come back with a more objective eye.

23 hours ago, HelsinkiZim said:

is it some kind of perfectionism, misguided belief that my work/ opinions matter or some kind of post-millenial online asperges

Not at all.  (or, if it is, I've got it too)