C300ii has dropped to $12K

photographer-at-large

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Now only $10,300 on CVP.... Another few days of currency trading and it will be a sub $10k camera.

http://cvp.com/index.php?t=product/canon_c300_mark_ii_4k_video_camera

In every one of my local rental houses in the UK... all of them have said the C300 II is never getting asked for. One of them even sold off their C300 II's. My primary rental house, Provision, said that they've had to buy more FS7's as it's BY FAR the most requested camera now. 

I feel more are going for the FS7 because of 4k60p and the much better slow motion options. Canon really missed the boat there with the C300 II. The massive price decrease of the C300 II isn't a coincidence. 

That said, I enjoy using the original C300. It's a very simple, no frills, always works kinda camera. It will be interesting to look at the used market for the C300 II in a year or so. 

I get the feeling the c300 mk ii might come into its own with this price drop... at $10k it is a steal and once it is in more hands... the reputation will grow.

I think the people the would use a mk ii are still making cash with the mk i... but perhaps that will change soon 

2 hours ago, Oliver Daniel said:

That said, I enjoy using the original C300. It's a very simple, no frills, always works kinda camera. It will be interesting to look at the used market for the C300 II in a year or so. 

Same goes for the C300ii. The image is absolutely beautiful with little to no work. You can shoot mixed lighting, still get great looking skin tones. 

No 4k/60p is definitely a bummer, though.

3 hours ago, Oliver Daniel said:

In every one of my local rental houses in the UK... all of them have said the C300 II is never getting asked for. One of them even sold off their C300 II's.

Meanwhile in the states... This has been like this for weeks.

C300ii.jpg

On 05/07/2016 at 5:31 PM, neosushi said:

UPDATE : I read on various forums, that the announce made from Convergent Design was made before the camera was out, and that it was wrong. 

But I just got an answer from Canon USA that says that I should be able to record 4K RAW 60P with the Odyssey 7Q+.

Anyone can confirm that ??

I'm quoting myself because Canon edited their previous post on Youtube. Now they say it only outputs 4K RAW 30fps.

I had no response from Convergent Design who still state that the 7Q+ can record 4K RAW 30 fps. I tend to trust Canon more on this one...

Also I went to my dealer today and tried the C300 mkII. Damn it's heavy and there's just no easy way to film handheld with it. You really need the total rig + EVF. 

I'm going to rent a FS5 + Shogun to see how I can make the image work... 

25 minutes ago, neosushi said:

Also I went to my dealer today and tried the C300 mkII. Damn it's heavy and there's just no easy way to film handheld with it. You really need the total rig + EVF. 

24-105 and the view finder? Has been working for me when I need a small kit.

Has anyone here in the U.S. ordered from CVP? I'm liking that currency exchange rate. This also might be our next camera, the only thing holding me back is the lack of 4k 60p - it sounds like it can't do it to an external recorder either.