Nature of Iran - Baby Hypergonar - 4k ultra wide 3.31:1

Ian Edward Weir

Shot with Panasonic GH4 in cinematic DCI 4K 4096x2160 in ultra wide 3.31:1 anamorphic ratio.. Lens used were the Baby Hypergonar  1.75x anamorphic with MeVis 35mm f1.6 and the Zeiss Ultron 50mm f1.8. Rectilux 3FF-S, Marumi + 3 achromatic diopter and Fujinon ENG 72mm close up lens. Edited in Adobe Premiere and colored in Colorista III and Adobe Lightroom. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 7/3/2016 at 11:04 AM, eris said:

Exotic and beautiful work. :)   Were you using a fast shutter instead of ND on this?

Funny that you ask. I have a few spots on my GH4 sensor from shooting outdoors so much so all my footage is shot between f2-f4 with a fast shutter. I like this look because of the  added DOF and how it captures the nature. Thanks for checking it out!

35 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Looks great! Lovely green and the Hypergonar shines.

Thanks Rudolf! I shoot my nature footage in Scenery mode with GH4 and the Baby Hypergonar does the rest. The MeVis 35mm f1.6 and 50mm f1.8 Zeiss Ultron really pushes the Baby Hyperogonar as well. Cheers!

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, tellure said:

Very nice.. the framing and color grading reminds me of the epic films of the 60's, especially the landscape shots.

Thanks so much! That's the magic of the Baby Hypergonar :). I feel the same and can push the look in a more vintage or modern direction based on what my taken lens is. I'm old school to where I use filters and lens to create the look and color. I really don't due much with grading but crush blacks, add contrast and level out the image. Thanks Tellure!