Vimeo color shift?

mercer

• 10 months later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 6/25/2016 at 5:39 PM, mercer said:

Has anyone noticed any weird color/contrast shifts lately with their uploaded Vimeo videos?

7 hours ago, kabuto1138 said:

Hey Mercer, did you ever find out about this? I've always noticed it and is pretty annoying.

It's caused by the browser unfortunately, so it will vary depending on which browser the person is viewing it on sees. Chrome causes a bad color shift for me, while Microsoft Edge is accurate. It's not a minor shift either :/  

browsers.png

On 5/5/2017 at 3:53 PM, Geoff CB said:

It's caused by the browser unfortunately, so it will vary depending on which browser the person is viewing it on sees. Chrome causes a bad color shift for me, while Microsoft Edge is accurate. It's not a minor shift either :/  

browsers.png

can eoshd make an article about this situation please?

I use Firefox & I don't get a colour shift, but things that i've uploaded recently have lost some contrast - not that much of a big deal, but it's there.

I also use FCPX, but have stopped uploading directly & just export the project to ProRes LT or Proxy and then upload that (it does solve the whole converting H264 into H264 via Vimeo).

The browser issue has been known for ages, as is what player you use to view your files on your computer - everything is slightly different, nothing is equal. It is annoying that you can't tweek these things, like you can a TV when you buy a new one! Maybe one solution would be to callibrate your computer screen & save one profile for your NLE & then another for viewing on the Internet......

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 6:53 AM, Geoff CB said:

browsers.png

It is caused by old hard drives with aging media....just like film in the old days! People should be happy with it, it makes it look more filmic! ;)

In Google Chrome you have the option to use hardware acceleration in the settings, this is usually turned off. I know that in youtube this fixes a gamma shift, maybe it fixes color shift too? Haven't tested anything with vimeo myself...

3 hours ago, sondreg said:

In Google Chrome you have the option to use hardware acceleration in the settings, this is usually turned off. I know that in youtube this fixes a gamma shift, maybe it fixes color shift too? Haven't tested anything with vimeo myself...

Already enabled.