Adobe Premiere Pro 2015.3 update available now

Michael Ma

I'm not getting these bugs that you guys are experiencing. It's running so much faster in my opinion. I've gone through two 3 hour screen share sessions with Adobe in the last 2 years and they've really helped me clear out issues that cause crashes. Most of the time it has to do with plug-ins EVEN if they aren't being used on a project.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 minutes ago, AaronChicago said:

I'm not getting these bugs that you guys are experiencing. It's running so much faster in my opinion. I've gone through two 3 hour screen share sessions with Adobe in the last 2 years and they've really helped me clear out issues that cause crashes. Most of the time it has to do with plug-ins EVEN if they aren't being used on a project.

What hardware: CPUs, memory, GFX card (AMD?), OS & version, sound device?

See the comments on No Film School- http://nofilmschool.com/2016/06/latest-version-adobe-premiere-pro-now-available-chock-full-new-features , more folks having the same issues.

8 minutes ago, AaronChicago said:

Windows 10 Pro. i7-4770K 3.5GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX 970 4GB

Windows 10 Pro (was upgraded from Win7- not a fresh Win10 install), 2010 MacPro 3GHz 12-Core, 24MB RAM, GTX980ti 6GB, lately mostly in OSX 10.11.5. The performance issues are with the NVidia drivers (including crashing the OS). Just moved some projects over to a 2013 MBP (GTX750) and got smooth playback with C300 II, 1DX II, and A7S II 4K files at 1/4 resolution, which is fine for a laptop. FCPX needed the Better Performance render option- smooth playback with the same files.

42 minutes ago, Curtis Ross said:

Is the proxy workflow automatic when you import footage?

I updated but I havent even loaded it up yet.

nah in your media browser you have to select ingest, and make sure you adjust your ingest settings before hand though

17 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

nah in your media browser you have to select ingest, and make sure you adjust your ingest settings before hand though

So the only benefits in it are if your system has trouble playing larger files or types? Which mine never has. Just trying to figure out the benefits in it?

Thanks

On June 22, 2016 at 11:11 PM, SuperSet said:

Just finished upgrading to 2015.3 and none of my NX1 MP4 video files are read as Video files. Instead, they show up as Audio files. This worked fine in 2015.2. Anyone run across this?  Can I just downgrade to 2015.2?

Premiere needs to download an HEVC plug in. My copy prompted me and then downloaded it. Try restarting the app and/or your computer maybe.

4 hours ago, NX1user said:

Premiere needs to download an HEVC plug in. My copy prompted me and then downloaded it. Try restarting the app and/or your computer maybe.

Thanks, man but I got it working a little while back. I had to move my source files to a new folder and it started working again.

Apparently, just based on the Adobe Premiere forums, there are several people who've run across this problem and its related problem, no audio import for video files.  The solution was either to clean the Media cache or move the source files to a new folder.

There is also another bug where the Preview runs much more slowly now than 2015.2.  The solution there is to untick the newly-added option:  Edit > Preferences > Media > Un-tick "Enable accelerated Intel h.264 decoding"

1 hour ago, SuperSet said:

Thanks, man but I got it working a little while back. I had to move my source files to a new folder and it started working again.

Apparently, just based on the Adobe Premiere forums, there are several people who've run across this problem and its related problem, no audio import for video files.  The solution was either to clean the Media cache or move the source files to a new folder.

There is also another bug where the Preview runs much more slowly now than 2015.2.  The solution there is to untick the newly-added option:  Edit > Preferences > Media > Un-tick "Enable accelerated Intel h.264 decoding"

Awesome, thanks for the info. That solved my two biggest problems with the new update. I was about to write it off for now, but it seems to be working well at the moment!

Has anyone gotten the accelerated Intel h264 decoding to work?  I'm super interested in this update if it means you can now scrub and instantly start playback anywhere on the timeline with 100Mbps 4K XAVCS files (from the A7R2 in my case).

I'm having issues with exporting to DNxHR. It won't play in the latest VLC player, and in the latest QT player it will play choppy and stutter. 

I also downloaded the latest Avid Quicktime Codecs LE v 2.7.1 as well.

I've been on it for several hours trying to figure out the export settings but nothing seems to go smoothly.

BUT if I export to DNxHD, there's no issue it plays perfectly fine. I want to export to DNxHR for 2k and 4k files.

I'm editing R3D files too, I don't want to settle with exporting to H.264 or mpeg4 or something.

58 minutes ago, raf702 said:

I'm having issues with exporting to DNxHR. It won't play in the latest VLC player, and in the latest QT player it will play choppy and stutter. 

I also downloaded the latest Avid Quicktime Codecs LE v 2.7.1 as well.

I've been on it for several hours trying to figure out the export settings but nothing seems to go smoothly.

BUT if I export to DNxHD, there's no issue it plays perfectly fine. I want to export to DNxHR for 2k and 4k files.

I'm editing R3D files too, I don't want to settle with exporting to H.264 or mpeg4 or something.

Did you try opening it with MPC-HC ? I'll try to play DNxHR files this evening.

29 minutes ago, Justin Bacle said:

Did you try opening it with MPC-HC ? I'll try to play DNxHR files this evening.

I don't know what is MPC-HC, I'll have to check that out. Yes, please let know what you experience.

There has to be a way we can export to DNxHR, it's pointless for having it in Premiere if it won't work as intended.

Also I'm using a PC on Windows 10, if that matters.

I exported some red sample footage to DNxHR (HQX 2k 25fps preset in media encoder) and I can confirm that neither VLC nor MPC-HC can play it.

On 6/29/2016 at 3:58 PM, raf702 said:

There has to be a way we can export to DNxHR

I think the problem if more about the player than the export, as we can reimport the files in Pr/Ae without any problem (tested in AE, works OK)