Panasonic 12mm f1.4 announced

Inazuma

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Fredrik Lyhne said:

And what is your verdict?

I don't regret buying the Leica one bit! :) Also, I really haven't felt comfortable shooting with wides, haven't done so in a long while, since I like to capture people's faces on the street, and with a wide, that takes more chutzpah than I've got. But it turns out it's excellent for vlogging at home, since I've got a little hamster cage for an apartment, and it allows me to shoot in a space of just a few feet. Anything else? Yeah, the Panasonic image app is great for checking composition and focus. In the video, I look kind of lost, the LCD on the G85 turns off after a short while, I know it's to save battery life, but I really dislike that. 

24 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I don't regret buying the Leica one bit! :) Also, I really haven't felt comfortable shooting with wides, haven't done so in a long while, since I like to capture people's faces on the street, and with a wide, that takes more chutzpah than I've got. But it turns out it's excellent for vlogging at home, since I've got a little hamster cage for an apartment, and it allows me to shoot in a space of just a few feet. Anything else? Yeah, the Panasonic image app is great for checking composition and focus. In the video, I look kind of lost, the LCD on the G85 turns off after a short while, I know it's to save battery life, but I really dislike that. 

Yeah, but what about the colors? Have you notice how yellow the 12-35mm is and how accurate and crisp the 12mm colors is? Have you tried matching them, it's not as easy as one might think. Great lens, I agree :) 

Just now, Fredrik Lyhne said:

Yeah, but what about the colors? Have you notice how yellow the 12-35mm is and how accurate and crisp the 12mm colors is? Have you tried matching them, it's not as easy as one might think. Great lens, I agree :) 

Yes, the Leica colors show off my motley complexion much better than the Panasonic. I've always thought the Panasonic lenses were too warm, much prefer the color of my Sigma or Leica lenses. Build quality of the newer Leica lenses is lovely as well. 

Here you can see how the Leica performs wide open, how foolish I look in Chinese traditional garb, sweating like a pig and making two mistakes - I say I'm using the GH5 (fantasy?) and the Lishuai 1500RSV (actually, the 700RSV). But I was about to die from exhaustion, so sorry, no second takes! BTW, two full stops more light gathering power makes a world of difference. Moving a little closer to the camera and throwing the background more out of focus helps tremendously. What do you think?