Canon to NX intelligent adapter: crowfunding?

Marco Tecno

An idea came to my mind. There are more and more companies designing EF to [other systems] intelligent adapters, but none designing one for NX.

This is apparently due to samsung discontinuing its products. At least that's what a couple of those companies replied to me, when I asked about a future product designed for NX.

That's the idea: would it be possible to ask them "how much" would it cost to develop and produce such an adapter, and try to fund it ourself, via a crowfunding campaign? Personally, I'd be ready to buy one, as long as it costs as much as the ones for - say - sony F cameras.

What about you?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I think we can ask them at least... and then it will depend if we will receive answer and what would be the the cost of the developement. Question is if there are enough users to cover these costs... I am definitely with you as I miss good IS in cheap Samsung lenses...

As cool as it would be to be able to use some of my canon glass for stills and such, the only thing I really care about is rudimentary aperture control. I wouldn't really care at all if autofocus was lousy/unreliable, I just want some form of electronic communication between body and lens and I would be very happy!

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, MountneerMan said:

Meta bones it not going to be redesigning their optics to fit the NX mount.

http://www.metabones.com/article/of/faq

Yes, but speedbooster at least in my own findings only useful for MFT etc, APS-C already have a ton of lenses out there, of course speedbooster would be great if you own old 35mm SLR lenses, we just need a Canon and hopefully Nikon mount that is electrically compatible at least with stabiliser and aperture changing, the autofocus is not as important as those are already hard to get working to begin with.

What we need is an electronic adapter that will pass signal through. Is suspect that it is not so simple in the case of NX though. I would guess that most of the mainstream lenses, such as Canon and Nikon ones, have dumb electronics and it would be just a simple signal passthrough. The NX lenses may be partially intelligent and operate off codes sent to/from the camera rather than just a signal. That would represent a fundamental system incompatibility and make an electronic adapter considerably more expensive to produce..

33 minutes ago, tugela said:

What we need is an electronic adapter that will pass signal through. Is suspect that it is not so simple in the case of NX though. I would guess that most of the mainstream lenses, such as Canon and Nikon ones, have dumb electronics and it would be just a simple signal passthrough. The NX lenses may be partially intelligent and operate off codes sent to/from the camera rather than just a signal. That would represent a fundamental system incompatibility and make an electronic adapter considerably more expensive to produce..

http://***URL removed***/forums/post/57361842