74 minutes mod's time limit error - corrupted file. Damage done. Save Our Souls!

Kisaha

So, I did it, don't ask me how, but I didn't stop the recording before this cataclysmic event. Does anyone has any idea how to fix this?

There is the DPR thread with some info here and some programs tested, and some things said http://***URL removed***/forums/post/57872593

If anyone has any ideas, or any knowledge of the H265 codec, let us know. I have identified the parts that are missing, but I have no clue what to add to the Hex code to make it work.

It would be nice if we had a 73 (or 72 or 70) minutes limit with the video recorder as it would be much more safe.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Dmitry has already developed the new version of his program that works with H265. He is currently experimenting with some of our files (from the other thread at DPR) and some of us have already donated. 

http://slydiman.me/eng/mmedia/recover_mp4.htm

The H265 version is NOT out yet, I just link, in case someone wants to support keeping it as a freeware.

In case anyone donates, just mention please the NX cameras.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I can't wait for that too..

On topic; it's good to know that it is possible to fix broken files, I have another 20minute file that it doesn't work, and I do not even known why, so it is not only a matter of time limit, files broke!

Do what I usually do, put your phone to alarm you after 65 minutes, I do this in interviews when I plug the NX1 and NX500 into the wall and do hour long interview sessions in 4k.

There is no way they can survive that long recording 4k video with bitrate hack of 140mbps, 180mbps consume even more so your battery is going to run flat before you even reach 60 minute mark unless you got the battery grip.