Sign in to follow this  
Justin Bacle

[WTB] Cheap External Recorder

Hi everyone, 

My expenses are already way above what I had, but I do want to buy an external recorder. I know AVCHD (1080p 8 bit 4:2:0) isn't that bad, but it just falls appart when trying to grade.

Here are the features I need :
- 1080p 4:2:2 10bit recording
- 3:2 Pulldown support (1080i60 -> 1080p24)

Here are the features i'd like too : 
- SDI inputs with record trigger support

The cheapest recorder that I find is the Atomos Samurai Blade. Which is not that expensive compared to other recorder but still too expensive.
I should be able to work with a Ninja 2 (or Ninja Star) but SDI inputs would be great.
The Blackmagic Video Assist doesn't support 3:2 Pulldown as of now (confirmed by the support team, but they say they're working on it ...) No way i'm buying that until they confirmed 3:2 pulldown support.

Do you have a cheap alternative new or used ?

I was thinking about getting a used nanoflash or 220i but they are still more expensive than their newer counterparts.
I'll try and rent an atomos ninja 2 asap, but there's only one renting place where I live and they don't have any :s

Thanks for reading, I'll wait for your remarks.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, ricardo_sousa11 said:

Not trying to steal your thread, but im looking for an external monitor, any cheap recomendations ?

For a monitor (only) of good quality and on the cheap side, I would go with the Aputure VS-1 Fine HD.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Eric99
      WTB moondog anamorphic 37mm 

• By Steve Hubbard
      Looking to buy Sennheiser MKH 60.   Bay area preferred.
    • By Bradley Bjornstad
      Hello all. I am selling my Atomos Ninja Flame set. Very nice set. Has only 15-20 hours of use. Extremely clean, and well maintained. I treat all of my gear with care and respect. This is a beautiful set! Almost like-new! $795.00 - plus shipping (insured at full $795). PayPal only.

It's hard to part with the recorder, because it is a great tool, and an amazing monitor - but all my main cameras have 4K built-in now, and I just never get to use it. I want it to go to a good home, where it will get a lot of use.
      Includes: Atomos Ninja Flame monitor/recorder, Hard case, NEW sun hood, original set of 5 master caddies, original charger, (2) original Atomos batteries, docking station, HDMI cable, original manual, NEW microfiber cleaning cloth, coiled D-tap to DC cable (never used), 2 power cords (one hasn't left packaging), Control Cable (2.5mm Female to 2x 2.5mm Male). Check out the pictures and see how well maintained and what a deal this is!

Thank you for looking and best wishes!

• By Zalem
      Hi!

I am seriously looking for a Kowa Anamorphic-35 1.5X or 1.75X (Inflight or not).

Will not make a lowball offer. Please DM me if you're looking to part with yours!

Cheers!
    • By redimp
      Title says it all. Payment via PayPal, shipping on me.