catEYE: special colorpicker tool

Tida

Hope you will enjoy following tool which I made in my spare time. It's running now only on Windows platform but soon I will publish it for OSX as well:

catEYE is a pixel picker and color meter which analysis the master screen display of Windows and OSX platforms. Color at different positions can be evaluated in multiple patch mode. It is also possible to track color along a given straight line from the screen in line mode. It is based on CIE-L*a*b, CIE-L*C*H, L+SH, YCbCr, YCH (Rec709) evaluation methods. Color Space data is shown in two dimension as Waveform Monitor and Vectorscope.

You will find it at www.m2port.com

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Tida said:

Furthermore another implementation which I just did regarding Saturation - so called LSh Colorspace. Following article gives a nice explaination about the difference between Chroma and Saturation in CIE-Lab or CIE-LCh.

Derived from LCh Colorspace a new perceptual LSh Colorspace is proposed.

2 hours ago, Nikkor said:

Going to try this once I have some free time. Thanks!

Great, hope manual is clear enough to understand how it works...

3 hours ago, bunk said:

Cool! Looking forward to the Mac version.

Regarding OSX there are still few crashes and I hope to find issues soon. Use lazarus with free pascal for programming crossplatform.

1 hour ago, Tida said:

Regarding OSX there are still few crashes and I hope to find issues soon. Use lazarus with free pascal for programming crossplatform.

If you develop in Delphi, since the XE2 you can build OSX app with FireMonkey. I never liked Lazarus very well personally :)

2 hours ago, benymypony said:

If you develop in Delphi, since the XE2 you can build OSX app with FireMonkey. I never liked Lazarus very well personally :)

Never tried FireMonkey, but nice to experience the difference. For me was hardest way to find a procedure for fast read out of screenshot data in OSX. All typical examples only work with older OSX versions. Finally I found a way to just get master monitor readout. Would be happy to find a way for doing 2nd monitor readout as well.

On 1/6/2016 at 11:35 PM, Tida said:

Please be informed that OSX version is ready to download at m2port.com

Thanks for the port. You are not there yet. The program is still very confusing for me as a user. I followed the manual and wrote down what works and what not as far as I can tell. I missed the vectorscope part so you'll find that at the end.

Hope it helps.

-program opens fine
-Help opens m2port.com

-Q adds a patch.
-W does nothing.

Left click selects patch.
Double left lick switches mode patches are gone when switching back.
Shift left click, toggles through three different form modes.
Strg left click works fine.
Middle click works fine.

Right click labels toggle color modes.

All checkboxes seem to work. B and d noise display as seen in the manual never showed up instead there are some horizontal lines in B/W or Color.

Patch loupe doesn’t work (worked yesterday).

+ doesn’t work nor does X

Add crashes catEye, need a force quit to get out.

Master line mode seems tot work (loupe is back< thanks to crash (?))

W does nothing

No distance lines

Sometimes with a left click the orange distance line appears an sticks to the mouse cursor.

Right click data labels does bring the vectorscope on screen. After that Right click Changes plot style vectorscope

Noise suddenly started to show …and is gone again.

Left click in the middle of the Vectorscope makes it disappear after a while it returns

Double left click Vectorscope seems to work

Shift Left click works as well.

Blend works as well as Alt left click  and Left Click UpperHalf.

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎04 at 4:45 PM, bunk said:

Thanks for the port. You are not there yet. The program is still very confusing for me as a user. I followed the manual and wrote down what works and what not as far as I can tell. I missed the vectorscope part so you'll find that at the end.

Hope it helps.

-program opens fine
-Help opens m2port.com

-Q adds a patch.
-W does nothing.

Left click selects patch.
Double left lick switches mode patches are gone when switching back.
Shift left click, toggles through three different form modes.
Strg left click works fine.
Middle click works fine.

Right click labels toggle color modes.

All checkboxes seem to work. B and d noise display as seen in the manual never showed up instead there are some horizontal lines in B/W or Color.

Patch loupe doesn’t work (worked yesterday).

+ doesn’t work nor does X

Add crashes catEye, need a force quit to get out.

Master line mode seems tot work (loupe is back< thanks to crash (?))

W does nothing

No distance lines

Sometimes with a left click the orange distance line appears an sticks to the mouse cursor.

Right click data labels does bring the vectorscope on screen. After that Right click Changes plot style vectorscope

Noise suddenly started to show …and is gone again.

Left click in the middle of the Vectorscope makes it disappear after a while it returns

Double left click Vectorscope seems to work

Shift Left click works as well.

Blend works as well as Alt left click  and Left Click UpperHalf.

Thanks for the report. May I ask you whether you reviewed it on OSX or Windows platform. I will check all your aspects as soon I'm back home from my current business trip. Manual was based on Windows development. For Mac it might have been to early as it doesn't port it 1:1.

It's nice to have such kind of feedback, just to change thinks to make it more user friendly. Thanks a lot again..