Can someone do me a huge quick Twixtor favor?

Turboguard

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
13 hours ago, BenEricson said:

Is this included in the light version?

yes it is, just stretch your clip to whatever percentage you want as you normally would. then go to inspector > retime and scaling > retime process > opticalflow

you can get away with 25% speed with the right clips, maybe more

20 hours ago, Inazuma said:

BTW not sure if you knew already but Blackmagic Resolve has the same ability as Twixtor built in and is free

4 hours ago, AaronL said:

yes it is, just stretch your clip to whatever percentage you want as you normally would. then go to inspector > retime and scaling > retime process > opticalflow

you can get away with 25% speed with the right clips, maybe more

Oh shit, thanks guys! Is this new for 12.5 or have I just completely missed it in earlier versions too?

So wait, this is actually Twixtor? Did they buy them up? I don't understand, Twixtor is so expensive and such a complicated process (from what I remember), now I just stretched, and changed to optical flow in "retime and scaling". SO EASY!

And reason why I ask is because it says "Twixtor" in my timeline and inspector...

Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 2.23.12 PM.png

53 minutes ago, sudopera said:

FCP X also has optical flow and frame blending settings for the selected clip, in the menu under video quality. Its OK but not as good as Twixtor

i've done comparison with all the big options for optical flow/twixtor effects.
From what i could in tell this is the list i got, the things i judged was how smooth the clip got, how the background acted behind the subject and the amount of artefacts.

1. Da vinci Resolve

2. Twixtor

3. Fcpx 

4. after effects timewarp

5. Sony vegas (unusable)

One thing to add is if you like to add the effect which i use sometime were you have a clip of lets say a skateboarder jumping and you want do have a super slow motion clip of it just floating in the air for a couple of seconds and you slow the clip down to 2-3% i found that the built in FCPX optical flow worked the best, both twixtor and da vinci have a hard time making up that many frames and i found that i got some stuttering.

On a side note...if you are shooting handheld or you know you will want to re-time in post, it is a good idea to dial up your shutter speed to reduce or eliminate motion blur as much as possible.

That way, any optical-flow algorithm - be it Twixtor or whatever will have crisp frames to do a more accurate analysis and frame interpolation from. I do this all the time for handheld shots where i know i want to re-time to slow motion. I can then add motion blur back into the plate (if I need to add any) with RSMB - Reel Smart motion blur - plugin for AE.

1 hour ago, BrorSvensson said:

i've done comparison with all the big options for optical flow/twixtor effects.
From what i could in tell this is the list i got, the things i judged was how smooth the clip got, how the background acted behind the subject and the amount of artefacts.

1. Da vinci Resolve

2. Twixtor

3. Fcpx 

4. after effects timewarp

5. Sony vegas (unusable)

One thing to add is if you like to add the effect which i use sometime were you have a clip of lets say a skateboarder jumping and you want do have a super slow motion clip of it just floating in the air for a couple of seconds and you slow the clip down to 2-3% i found that the built in FCPX optical flow worked the best, both twixtor and da vinci have a hard time making up that many frames and i found that i got some stuttering.

Good to know, thanks

9 hours ago, Hans Punk said:

On a side note...if you are shooting handheld or you know you will want to re-time in post, it is a good idea to dial up your shutter speed to reduce or eliminate motion blur as much as possible.

That way, any optical-flow algorithm - be it Twixtor or whatever will have crisp frames to do a more accurate analysis and frame interpolation from. I do this all the time for handheld shots where i know i want to re-time to slow motion. I can then add motion blur back into the plate (if I need to add any) with RSMB - Reel Smart motion blur - plugin for AE.

the rsmb plugin is an a amazing tool once you figure it out, it has saved me a lot of times when nd wasn't an option.