Custom Cropmarks in the MOD?

Azzardo

Hello everybody, I own an NX1 and I was thinking if it were possible to implement some Custom Cropmarks and black bars in the Mod, like in Magic Lantern.
If I remember well, in early versions of the original fw there were no lines or cropmarks, so maybe comparing new ones with that ones we can find the way.
They would be veeeery useful to frame correctly for a cinemascope look, or to avoid shooting on the "safe area" - In case we have to stabilize footage in post.
What do you think? Is it possible?
Thank You

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

i was going to ask for the same, most of my work is delivered at a 2.35:1 - but the grid line included on the NX1 its so thin that you can barely see it, i use to have a piece of tape on the 5diii so i could always be able to nail the shots the way i wanted it. that trick wont work on the NX1 touchscreen.. but i think i'll be awesome if someone can make the guide line thicker or simply all the way... :)

17 hours ago, Azzardo said:

Hello everybody, I own an NX1 and I was thinking if it were possible to implement some Custom Cropmarks and black bars in the Mod, like in Magic Lantern.
If I remember well, in early versions of the original fw there were no lines or cropmarks, so maybe comparing new ones with that ones we can find the way.
They would be veeeery useful to frame correctly for a cinemascope look, or to avoid shooting on the "safe area" - In case we have to stabilize footage in post.
What do you think? Is it possible?
Thank You

It could be possible, hopefully its added but there are some ext screens that feature this and they work for the NX1 I seen some I just cannot remember the name of them, one of them featured a lot of crop settings, all from cinescope to 4:3 and so on.

Might not be what you are looking for but its a good tool if you need ext screens for NX1, I highly recommend Blackmagic Video Assist though, its very versatile and has the things you need, its also cheap for what it gives you compared to some other brands. You going to need a bigger display when you start tightening in the crop on the display. 2.35:1 including in NX1 are a set of thin lines which the guy before me said, are hard to see, and I used the NX1 in short films it really needs an ext monitor if you need the perfect shot.

1 hour ago, SMGJohn said:

It could be possible, hopefully its added but there are some ext screens that feature this and they work for the NX1 I seen some I just cannot remember the name of them, one of them featured a lot of crop settings, all from cinescope to 4:3 and so on.

Might not be what you are looking for but its a good tool if you need ext screens for NX1, I highly recommend Blackmagic Video Assist though, its very versatile and has the things you need, its also cheap for what it gives you compared to some other brands. You going to need a bigger display when you start tightening in the crop on the display. 2.35:1 including in NX1 are a set of thin lines which the guy before me said, are hard to see, and I used the NX1 in short films it really needs an ext monitor if you need the perfect shot.

yea, i don't have a monitor yet, but i did use one from a friend, but it did not have many options neither, i did notice when using the monitor you loose the grid lines from the NX1. 

13247755_10154918781694972_9050870574452594573_o.jpg

7 hours ago, MonGe El GenioMusical said:

yea, i don't have a monitor yet, but i did use one from a friend, but it did not have many options neither, i did notice when using the monitor you loose the grid lines from the NX1. 

I know the Blackmagic Video Assist got them, I would save up for one because its kind of future proof, the 1080p screen is very cheap for all the good features it gives you, it also lets you load a LUT so you wont have to do the conversion in post, its already done in the recorder inside the screen and edit ready in your SD card.

It also feels more premium than its competitors which frankly, got good features but lacks everywhere else specially battery life. Powering a SSD requires considerably more power than powering a tiny SD card.