5D mk4 Spec

Rinad Amir

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It seems 4K is guaranteed by the trusted sources. Lack of Clog is pretty much guaranteed too, but other nice profiles will be available.

TBH I've shot c-log in anger once in the years I've had C100s and that was with external recorder, as long as there's as something like VisionColor it'll have nice options.

The biggest issue is the lack of usability software, like peaking and zebras and so on. If it doesn't have these basics, it'll be a pretty poor choice for many video situations.

Buying it because you hope Magic Lantern will hack it is not good for anyone. It tells Canon it's fine to not bother adding essential features and it leaves the purchaser with a half functioning camera and fingers crossed.

Canon apologists are becoming a bit like Apple fanboys, who throw themselves on the altar everytime they're given a kick in the nuts and tell everyone how "it's actually a good thing it has no ports and has half the power of a PC and cost me twice as much".

I can hear it now "I actually like not having peakeing, I can work hard to focus, I don't need proper video controls, this frees my creativity to think about the image". You're not fooling anyone, theoretical strawman fanboy I just invented.

Buying a camera is not the time to turn the other, already rather sore, cheek.

1 hour ago, jgharding said:

It seems 4K is guaranteed by the trusted sources. Lack of Clog is pretty much guaranteed too, but other nice profiles will be available.

TBH I've shot c-log in anger once in the years I've had C100s and that was with external recorder, as long as there's as something like VisionColor it'll have nice options.

The biggest issue is the lack of usability software, like peaking and zebras and so on. If it doesn't have these basics, it'll be a pretty poor choice for many video situations.

Buying it because you hope Magic Lantern will hack it is not good for anyone. It tells Canon it's fine to not bother adding essential features and it leaves the purchaser with a half functioning camera and fingers crossed.

Canon apologists are becoming a bit like Apple fanboys, who throw themselves on the altar everytime they're given a kick in the nuts and tell everyone how "it's actually a good thing it has no ports and has half the power of a PC and cost me twice as much".

I can hear it now "I actually like not having peakeing, I can work hard to focus, I don't need proper video controls, this frees my creativity to think about the image". You're not fooling anyone, theoretical strawman fanboy I just invented.

Buying a camera is not the time to turn the other, already rather sore, cheek.

I use Apple, fully knowing I'll get a more powerful PC for half the price. However, I absolutely hate using PC's as a user experience. I find a lot of value in user experience enjoyment, and I really enjoy using Apple stuff. I have to enjoy it to be productive. 

You could also say the same about Canon. I find using their cameras a much more enjoyable experience then using a Sony for instance. I use Sony because my clients want the high frame rates, and that's the only reason! It's like the RX10 II vs the XC10. Using the Sony is horrible and ruins it. If I don't enjoy using the camera, the most monstrous specs won't change that. 

Serious video shooters have much better options to service them at the 5D budget. If you do stills, it would make sense - get your peaking etc from a SmallHD 501 on the hotshoe. 

50 minutes ago, Oliver Daniel said:

I use Apple, fully knowing I'll get a more powerful PC for half the price. However, I absolutely hate using PC's as a user experience. I find a lot of value in user experience enjoyment, and I really enjoy using Apple stuff. I have to enjoy it to be productive. 

You could also say the same about Canon. I find using their cameras a much more enjoyable experience then using a Sony for instance. I use Sony because my clients want the high frame rates, and that's the only reason! It's like the RX10 II vs the XC10. Using the Sony is horrible and ruins it. If I don't enjoy using the camera, the most monstrous specs won't change that. 

Serious video shooters have much better options to service them at the 5D budget. If you do stills, it would make sense - get your peaking etc from a SmallHD 501 on the hotshoe. 

Yeah I use Canon too as they're great to use and the footage looks brilliant. Indeed I sold an RX10 ii and got an XC10 precisely because of what you describe.

The comparison is more a specific comparison of the behaviour of the odd "fanboys" who will say that a negative is actually a positive, and will try to turn something that's clearly a minus into a plus, than it is a comparison of the products themselves.

On 2016年5月24日 at 3:49 AM, Mattias Burling said:

Its nice that they are getting 4K, but imo, an old 5Dmkiii with ML still beats A7sii/rii, GH4, etc and probably will trump the GH5 as well.
So there is a big chance the new 5Div will get its ass kicked by its own predecessor.

14BIT 2K raw with 11 stops DR beats 8BIT 4K with 14 stops DR? I don't think so

BTW,all hack are risky,what if it cause hardware problems or data crash?

Do you think ML taem will take that responsibility?

Not to mention your reputation maybe ruin if problems happen  when you  shooting videos for your client

sony cams do overheat somtimes ,but it won't ruin your all day work

2 hours ago, jgharding said:

Yeah I use Canon too as they're great to use and the footage looks brilliant. Indeed I sold an RX10 ii and got an XC10 precisely because of what you describe.

The comparison is more a specific comparison of the behaviour of the odd "fanboys" who will say that a negative is actually a positive, and will try to turn something that's clearly a minus into a plus, than it is a comparison of the products themselves.

Yes, if you turn a minus into a plus, you're basically fishing for justification. Being honest gets things done. 

4 hours ago, Oliver Daniel said:

You could also say the same about Canon. I find using their cameras a much more enjoyable experience then using a Sony for instance.

Why?

I don't work well with canon cams.

They in lack of customizable buttons, customizable menu , some auxiliary features like zebra and preaking ,power zoom ,picture profiles for colour creativities,and not IBIS

I think they work easily because they are simple

Some people criticize menu system on sony,but its menu contain times more features than the canon cams in the same levels,it take time to get used to it

On May 26, 2016 at 6:11 AM, jgharding said:

Exactly. You can talk specs all day, but the XC10 produces a better image than the RX10, same with the C100ii vs the FS5. 

On 2016年5月26日 at 9:11 PM, jgharding said:

If you check out the XC10 review on DPreview ,you will see RX10II actually perform better

The image of the RX10II is sharper (specally at the edge of the image),less Moire ,and skin tone is close to the CX10

2 hours ago, BenEricson said:

Exactly. You can talk specs all day, but the XC10 produces a better image than the RX10, same with the C100ii vs the FS5.

Are you sure ?

http://***URL removed***/reviews/crossing-the-bridge-canon-xc10-review/7