Built-in GPS

Touchscreen

BG-E20 new battery grip

Red autofocus point in AI servo mode

Price around $3,500 USD at launch

To be announced in late August/early September

To be released in October, 2016

source:

http://www.cameraegg.org/confirmed-5d-mark-iv-have-internal-4k-120fps-at-1080p-being-testing-by-preferred-photographers/

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
24 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

If you ask rinad amir what would he say about those specs?

If you ask me I think they would be very nice for everybody because the competition would have to make 2x better cameras in order to compete.

There is nothing to compete

Sony already has mirroless cameras with 4k 1080 120fps for halve price if not more

Not exactly surprised, after the 1dxII, I expected to see 4k/24/25/30p and duel pixel AF along with a touchscreen. Then we'll see 4k in the 6d2 and t7i or whatever number they're up to now, next year. 

This camera is gonna be HUGE!

I've had a love/hate thing going on with my A7rII, amazing stills, 4k looks good IQ-wise but motion (people) has that Sony video look which I really don't like (especially when I see Blackmagic Pocket/Micro samples), crazy lens options with all the adapters and of course there's the IBIS tucked into some awful ergonomics.

I'm to the point where I'm thinking of ditching Sony and getting the Xpro2 for stills and a Blackmagic Micro for motion along with a GX85 and then a GH5 down the line. 

Or a 5d4 for everything. 

The 5D series is probably Canon's biggest money maker.  They got to get it right.  With that said, it needs C-Log.  Whoever suggested that C-Log is only for cameras with the C emblem needs to be fired from Canon.  Terrible decisions like this probably cost Canon millions of dollars.  But if Canon released the 5D4c for people that want it, it would say that they are listening to their customers.

24 minutes ago, Michael Ma said:

The 5D series is probably Canon's biggest money maker.  They got to get it right.  With that said, it needs C-Log.  Whoever suggested that C-Log is only for cameras with the C emblem needs to be fired from Canon.  Terrible decisions like this probably cost Canon millions of dollars.  But if Canon released the 5D4c for people that want it, it would say that they are listening to their customers.

Especially since it's just a software add that's already been developed. Costs nothing to add c-log.

• Super Members
4 hours ago, Rinad Amir said:

There is nothing to compete

Sony already has mirroless cameras with 4k 1080 120fps for halve price if not more

Over heating, sluggishness and banding. You get what you pay for.

But I seriously doubt it will be twice the cost. 

1 hour ago, Michael Ma said:

I don't think it will have it. The average 5D buyer doesn't care about that. Imo ML Raw is higher on the list of what I would want.

1 hour ago, AaronChicago said:

If its going to have DPAF then why would anyone pay double for a 1DXii? Doesn't sound like a Canon move.

All of Canons bodies are doing to have dual pixel. The 5d can't fire off 14fps and I'm betting it won't have 4k60p. A5d4 with the above spec wouldn't impact 1d salsa at all. Sports shooters still won't buy the 5d. 

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

No c-log... no sale

asking for C-Log for 5d is doable specially with new Sensor be nice edition but will that not overthrow sales on 1Dxmii & 1Dc line?

anyways   

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

60fps... 4:2:2  high bit rate. 

maybe in 1DC Mii edition we shall wait and see 

2 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Over heating, sluggishness and banding. You get what you pay for.

But I seriously doubt it will be twice the cost. 

I don't think it will have it. The average 5D buyer doesn't care about that. Imo ML Raw is higher on the list of what I would want.

BS, you get what you pay for. There is such a thing as VALUE. Some things have more inherent value than others because of the amount of performance they deliver per unit of cost.

Given their lacklustre innovation and purposeful feature-hampering, the Canon's offer poor value for the money. What you're paying for, is brand recognition. If you're fully aware and fine with that, then yes, I suppose you "get what you pay for". But if you're looking for performance, you are unlikely getting what you're paying for when you buy the $3500 5D IV.   

18 hours ago, Rinad Amir said:

Internal 4K

120fps at 1080p

Built-in Wi-Fi

Built-in GPS

Touchscreen

BG-E20 new battery grip

Red autofocus point in AI servo mode

Price around $3,500 USD at launch

To be announced in late August/early September

To be released in October, 2016

source:

http://www.cameraegg.org/confirmed-5d-mark-iv-have-internal-4k-120fps-at-1080p-being-testing-by-preferred-photographers/

The question for me will be not whether or not it will have 4K - that much is fairly certain - it is how much of a crop it will be?

I can understand having  c range.... but they need to have a 1dc mk ii if they want my money.

C-log or ML... otherwise Canon don't get another penny from me... as much as a like a lot about their system.

these specs have been rumoured for months and come to no surprise. actually as soon as the 1DX II specs were confirmed we had a pretty good idea what the mk4 would be like. i'm sure it'll have DPAF, Canon don't renew often and the 5D is in dire need of a refresh, besides even the amateur 70/80D got it. C-log not a chance, C line only. ML raw, even more unlikely, Canon killed the hack install on latest 5d3 batches. I'd be happy if they at least put in peaking or zebras but i highly doubt that (even if Nikon added it to latest DSLRS) Canon seem less interested in competing with others then they are at not competing against themselves (and the pricey C line) almost the opposite strategy of Sony (which consumer A7 line sometimes trump FS series)