Where can I get a New NX1?

vaga

37 minutes ago, shanebrutal said:

Good luck on your search for a new nx1 my man. EBay seems to be the best bet as others have said. My gripe is the used prices are way too high in the US. I'm a nx1 16-50s lens combo owner wanting to complete a collection of the 85, 50-150 and fisheye but dang I'm really discouraged and it makes me want to bail on the nx1 haha.

The 85mm is not worth it, focusing is bad. 50-150 is incredible and well worth the cost.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

On my constant "grass is greener" on the other side search I said fuck it and kept the NX1. Shot with an a7ii the other day and hated the ergonomics in comparison to the nx1. graded some a7rii footage and was turned off by the banding in the sky and macroblocking with slog and internal codec. So in reality if you have the nx1 you are stuck with it. Just make sure there are good adapters for the glass you invest in. Im on the hunt right now for a better contax yashica mount cause stock on everything is running low. With the hack we have one of the highest bitrate files in a camera right now. So im just gonna get my moneys worth out of it cause there aren't many alternatives out there worth abandoning ship for.

5 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

On my constant "grass is greener" on the other side search I said fuck it and kept the NX1. Shot with an a7ii the other day and hated the ergonomics in comparison to the nx1. graded some a7rii footage and was turned off by the banding in the sky and macroblocking with slog and internal codec. So in reality if you have the nx1 you are stuck with it. Just make sure there are good adapters for the glass you invest in. Im on the hunt right now for a better contax yashica mount cause stock on everything is running low. With the hack we have one of the highest bitrate files in a camera right now. So im just gonna get my moneys worth out of it cause there aren't many alternatives out there worth abandoning ship for.

Yeah I used to own the A7s I also used the GH4 but the tiny sensor almost gave me tumour in low light, great camera otherwise you just need light, a lot of it.

A7s is, lets just say............ A good photo low light camera, but not so much for video...... 1080p and horrid rolling shutter with terrible menus and God awful ergonomics even worse than the A7sII/A7rII 

In a way the NX1 is the perfect camera, its got the perfect body, its got all the tech inside we just needed to unlock the goodies in video mode. Photos are a class of its own too, only Nikon beats it in APS-C size when it comes to photography. I wish the rumour of Nikon buying Samsung camera line was true, I would pay my left leg for a Nikon NX2 with that great video features and mirrorless Samsung sensor tech with a Nikon mount.

2 hours ago, SMGJohn said:

Yeah I used to own the A7s I also used the GH4 but the tiny sensor almost gave me tumour in low light, great camera otherwise you just need light, a lot of it.

A7s is, lets just say............ A good photo low light camera, but not so much for video...... 1080p and horrid rolling shutter with terrible menus and God awful ergonomics even worse than the A7sII/A7rII 

In a way the NX1 is the perfect camera, its got the perfect body, its got all the tech inside we just needed to unlock the goodies in video mode. Photos are a class of its own too, only Nikon beats it in APS-C size when it comes to photography. I wish the rumour of Nikon buying Samsung camera line was true, I would pay my left leg for a Nikon NX2 with that great video features and mirrorless Samsung sensor tech with a Nikon mount.

Bro if I only did photo without question the NX1 is it ! Can't tell you one complaint I have in the photo department, the RAW stills are incredible. The differences between all these camera models are miniscule at best now. The nx1 is a good balance  in a lot of areas....so yeah im keeping it and hopefully kinoseed unlocks more stuff 

Yeah it's too easy to get locked into that "grass is greener" game… although I have to say I shoot an A7sII at work most days and for me it's not all it's cracked up to be, ergonomics are horrible, everyone knows about the menus, battery life way worse than nx, bloody awful screen… it just feels soulless. For me the nx1 is basically the perfect camera ergonomically. So comfortable to hold and easy to shoot with. 

The only thing the sony's really have going is the low light and of course it's a little bit easier to achieve shallow dof, but to be honest with fast glass I pretty much never have to go above 1600, ever. Who actually NEEDS 25,000+?! And why are they only filming in pitch black caves?!

I do love (and frequently use) the NX1 for stills as well, but lately I've been batting around the idea of picking up a full frame just to utilize all my FF lenses the way they're meant to be used… which means mirrorless over dslr, to adapt all that glass, so I've looked at used A7r prices, but then it sucks to buy a camera that sucks for video, just in case, so then… gah… round and round it goes.

5 hours ago, Parker said:

Yeah it's too easy to get locked into that "grass is greener" game… although I have to say I shoot an A7sII at work most days and for me it's not all it's cracked up to be, ergonomics are horrible, everyone knows about the menus, battery life way worse than nx, bloody awful screen… it just feels soulless. For me the nx1 is basically the perfect camera ergonomically. So comfortable to hold and easy to shoot with. 

The only thing the sony's really have going is the low light and of course it's a little bit easier to achieve shallow dof, but to be honest with fast glass I pretty much never have to go above 1600, ever. Who actually NEEDS 25,000+?! And why are they only filming in pitch black caves?!

I do love (and frequently use) the NX1 for stills as well, but lately I've been batting around the idea of picking up a full frame just to utilize all my FF lenses the way they're meant to be used… which means mirrorless over dslr, to adapt all that glass, so I've looked at used A7r prices, but then it sucks to buy a camera that sucks for video, just in case, so then… gah… round and round it goes.

You also forgot that the A7 Mark II series overheats when shooting UHD/4k and 120fps. I know some with A7sII because they love astrophotography, they work fine in winter, but when the summer comes they start overheating specially under heavy workload, its either the camera overheats or the battery runs out. Its a killer feature if you ask me, I worked on some productions were I do not even have time to think I just gotta be ready to run with the camera in my hand to the other location perhaps its just poor production crew but imagine if my camera ran out of all my batteries or it started overheating, bad business for all of us.

23 hours ago, Kisaha said:

A7 cameras are terrible in those specific matters, but these type of cameras are not the right run n gun cameras anyway..I would choose a Canon C100mkII over any other camera, even with that silly bitrate they have..

Think its just better to get a pro camcorder if you want to run and gun to be honest with you, the latest JVC one had amazing colours.

Canon C100M2 is exaggerating a bit, its too old now and its Canon, overpriced. You are paying mostly for a brand. 5DM4 might be amazing IF they learn anything these past years.

1 hour ago, SMGJohn said:

Think its just better to get a pro camcorder if you want to run and gun to be honest with you, the latest JVC one had amazing colours.

Canon C100M2 is exaggerating a bit, its too old now and its Canon, overpriced. You are paying mostly for a brand. 5DM4 might be amazing IF they learn anything these past years.

Don't count on it. I've learned over the years that's it's just a waste of time to get your hopes up over Canon. I think that's why you see such 'canon hate' on this website. I assume it is brand that the majority of us all started on, or have definitely used at one time or another. We all know that if they REALLY wanted to, they could easily make "the perfect hybrid camera" that everyone of us wants, and they could do it without even breaking a sweat. But they won't. I'm sure the 5D4 will be a modest upgrade over the mark iii, canon fanboys will eat it up, and the rest of will be left feeling cheated once again. 

I agree, and that's why in my search for the best hybrid system I chose NX, but for run and gun jobs, the C100ii with the Dual Pixel AF and the 18-135, has the best ergonomics, battery life, broadcast quality straight out of the camera, etc etc It is theonly video camera that I use AF with, which is just incredible for me (and weird,as I could never have imagined doing so).

Jvc is a good option (I am strongly consider it as my new purchase this September), but it is not thoroughly tested in the field.

Specifications does not mean everything, I too laugh with every new Canon announcement (80D!!), but they must be doing something right, all these years, at least most of their features work as they should be, unlike most Sony ones.

OK so my plan to purchase the NX1 from Canada fell through, and The Boss didn't approve of the expense for the purchase. 

I'm thinking I might make another attempt, this time for the NX500. With the hacks, it now has almost complete feature parity with the added benefit of more compact body and 2.5k mode. Other than lack of EVF, Uncropped 4k, Digital Image Stabilization, and 1080p120 (it has 720p120) and smaller buffer for burst are there any other differences I need to be aware of?

NX500 is a great little camera, in reality you just get a super compact NX1 with a few less features (not total control of the video image, too).

But the few differences, plus better ergonomics and better battery life, makes the NX1 a must for pro work, and the NX500 good as a second/third/fourth/backup camera.

2 hours ago, vaga said:

are there any other differences I need to be aware of?

No DIS in NX500, only OIS with selected lenses (S series if I'm not mistaken):

Use the Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) function to minimize camera 
shake. OIS may not be available with some lenses.

NX500 manual p. 99

Also no microphone and headphone jacks.