Where can I get a New NX1?

vaga

Hi guys, I live in the US and have been looking for a good deal on the NX1. Ideally, I want the NX1 + 16-50 S Lens package. There was a deal in FotoKungen for 13990 kr (which is roughly $1700), but looks they sold out of that bundle and also seems like they don't ship to the US.

Any other comparable deals out there for the NX1 and S Lens? Worse case, I am ok with a good deal on the body and buying the S Lens (and some other lenses) from B&H or maybe eBay. I am not okay with getting a used camera body. FotoKungen also has the body only listed at 6990 kr (which translates to $840).

If there's no store that will ship it to me, is anyone agreeable to purchase the camera from a local retailer and ship it to me?

Thanks, Vaga

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I would look for a demo unit on ebay, I've seen few from German MediaMarkt, Saturn outlets - retail chains (just set your delievery address to one in Germany). Most of those dosn't ship internationally but you could use a package forwarding service. But really I would strongly advice to locate one in US no import fees.

Demo is basically an open box, right? (I don't like open box)

How much are import fees? Probably good to take those into account when I'm comparing deals.

Anyone know of any good package forwarding services from Norway or Sweden to the US?

Check these out:

http://www.stavangerfoto.no/Nettbutikk/Kamera/Speill%C3%B8st-systemkamera/Samsung/Samsung-NX1-m-16-50mm-F20-28-S-ED-OIS-28mp-4K-video-15bps-sprutsikkert112487-p0000036545?plid=36545&ref=prisjakt

http://www.prisjakt.no/product.php?p=2844131

Also I mostly recommend getting it from eBay as there are bunch of Korean sellers who sell out the cameras and other older Samsung cameras to clear stock quick as possible:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Samsung%20NX1&_dcat=31388&rt=nc&LH_ItemCondition=1000&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Add Samsung NX1 and the lens to search watch so you get mail updates everyday of new models being put to sale. I would have bought a secondary unit but its too expensive for me and who knows, might be NX2 in the future, one can always dream I suppose.

^Not a bad deal considering the extra battery and adapters. (Not sure if I'm interested considering I prefer new stuff, but solid deal nonetheless)

Out of curiosity, why are you selling your camera? What are you switching to?

@vaga lol nothings wrong with the nx1, I hope im not scaring you guys interested in picking it up as a body hahaha. Im only selling it because im gonna rent cameras when I need to shoot. I switch bodies too often to keep buying and selling. I may pick up a fuji xpro2 or wait to see what the fuji xt2 when it comes out. Be aware not even amazon is stocking the NX1 new 

image.png

^Yep, I realized that. That's why I'm trying to see if I can ship it from Norway or some other country where it is still in stock and prices are reasonable for New. I am interested to see what the XT2 brings as well, but reading XPro 2 reviews, I have a premonition that the autofocus will not be as good as the NX1's, that it may not have 120fps slow mo, and that its battery life may be kind of poor.

Honestly dont think there are much alternatives to the nx1 to be honest. Only logical move is if you wanted a full frame look or shoot a lot of wide angles I would move to the a7 series. Im looking at the fuji cause I can use speedbooster with nikon or contax yashica lenses. Nx1 is far ahead of the curve unless you are documentary style shooter and you dont bring your own lighting

10 hours ago, vaga said:

@SMGJohn great link! Do you know if these guys ship to the US? (Also how reliable/reputable they are)

Looks like the S Lens package is sold out but the camera only is still available.

Looks like we are running out of stock of NX1's in Norway as well, I would get them off eBay if possible as they are brand new, our resellers are very reputable duo to strict laws and regulations. A lot of them apparently do not ship outside Scandinavia sadly after I contacted them, their excuse is that the Norwegian/Scandinavian sellers protection does not apply for foreigners.

I did see a 16-50mm F/2-2.8 on eBay brand new a few days ago, so do what I said. Save the search on eBay for NX1 and the lens and eventually they popup. Is it truly worth paying full price for it? Depends, I would go with second hand if I where you, kidzrevil has a nice deal, I would get that one if I where you. Because the thing is, its a fantastic camera I am glad I bought it but next year there might be another amazing beast coming out, what then? You already bought full priced NX1 which is dead in the water. Instead buy a second hand and then if an amazing beast comes out you saved money or either sell the NX1 and jump on that because the hard truth is, the NX1 and NX500 are fantastic but the lens selection are not that great and very expensive compared to lets say MFT or Sony E-mount and even though Samsung does have lenses for a variety of scenarios they are quite the expensive stuff for something you most likely will only be using with NX1 or NX500. 

But my advice, do not spend too much into a dead camera line, Samsung are like that they make good shit but then they wont make anything after it leaving you with a great shit and loads of adapters and extras but you cannot even use it for anything but your great shit which eventually fails duo to planned obsolescences, why you think cameras have limited shutter speed.

@SMGJohn correct, I wouldnt buy an nx1 unless it was dirt cheap. When I bought mine we had hope samsung would continue support but that aint happen. The prices on adapters and batteries are going up, the NX1 is becoming available in less and less places and the list goes on. Great camera tho cant lie about that one

I'm selling the S lens NX1 bundle with extra battery and grip from the US. But it's used and you seem to not be interested in going that route. It's looks and works like new with no blemishes. Very lightly used. Take great pride and care with my gear. Just wanted to let you know and reach out if there is any interest. The only reason I'm selling it is for extra funds due to moving soon. Let me know if interested :) if not, good luck on the search! It's a great camera!

Best wishes,

Bradley 

I from the other side just consider getting the 16-50S and/or the 50-150. I am reconsidering my options very dynamicaly (almost real time!) and I do not see anything better with similar, or slightly more cost, than a NX1+16-50S combo. The practicallity of this, is just priceless. IBIS is the only thing missing, but the NX1 is perfect size/weight wise, for the most image stabilizers (e.g Ronin), and I do not see any APS-C camera surprass it anytime soon, and when it will, it won't be cheap (including glass), so I huess I am good for at least a couple more years, which is a lifetime for equipment of this sort.

Together with the NX500, is just a perfect combo for 4K low budget jobs, and if I want run and gun 1080p, I go C100mkII.

7 hours ago, Kisaha said:

I from the other side just consider getting the 16-50S and/or the 50-150. I am reconsidering my options very dynamicaly (almost real time!) and I do not see anything better with similar, or slightly more cost, than a NX1+16-50S combo. The practicallity of this, is just priceless. IBIS is the only thing missing, but the NX1 is perfect size/weight wise, for the most image stabilizers (e.g Ronin), and I do not see any APS-C camera surprass it anytime soon, and when it will, it won't be cheap (including glass), so I huess I am good for at least a couple more years, which is a lifetime for equipment of this sort.

Together with the NX500, is just a perfect combo for 4K low budget jobs, and if I want run and gun 1080p, I go C100mkII.

Dont get me wrong I love my NX1. It is an incredible camera that continually impresses me. It is actually the only camera I have ever used that has not let me down once it just always works exactly as you expect it to with really good ergonomics and I would not think twice about buying the camera again.

Now having said all that I would have a hard time buying the 16-50S or 50-150S right now because they will essentially be useless in about 2 years and for that reason and that reason alone if I was in your position I would very likely get a sony like the A7S/Rii. I do cringe though at the thought of trying to get used to the ergonomics of that camera :confounded:lol.

My idea camera would be the A7sii internals wih an EF lens mount in the GH4 body lol but lets not turn this thread into another dream camera thread lol.

I have used A7 cameras, A7Sii is great, but only using it as a sensor (as we use the black magic cameras, no ergonomics whatsoever),  the battery life is the worst ever fro pro work (together with black magic pocket!), menus/button placement just terrible, screens (back screen, EVF) not that great, and I am against full frame sensors for video (I do not like the aesthetic and practical problems it creates). Also, maybe A7 cameras are smaller than NX1, the lenses are big and heavy, so I can't really see any advantage there, in the contrary, with such big and heavy lenses you need a sturdy dSLR like style body. 

If you earn money from the NXes, the investment is just minimal, maybe for a hobbyist ia not very wise to invest (actually, I am resisting too), but as a short term investment, is not that bad (considering that the S lenses are 2 to 3 times cheaper than similar ones in other systems).

GH4 ergonomics are really far behind NX1.

Good luck on your search for a new nx1 my man. EBay seems to be the best bet as others have said. My gripe is the used prices are way too high in the US. I'm a nx1 16-50s lens combo owner wanting to complete a collection of the 85, 50-150 and fisheye but dang I'm really discouraged and it makes me want to bail on the nx1 haha.

23 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

I have used A7 cameras, A7Sii is great, but only using it as a sensor (as we use the black magic cameras, no ergonomics whatsoever),  the battery life is the worst ever fro pro work (together with black magic pocket!), menus/button placement just terrible, screens (back screen, EVF) not that great, and I am against full frame sensors for video (I do not like the aesthetic and practical problems it creates). Also, maybe A7 cameras are smaller than NX1, the lenses are big and heavy, so I can't really see any advantage there, in the contrary, with such big and heavy lenses you need a sturdy dSLR like style body. 

I have used the sony a7s a bunch and held the A7S/Rii and I agree entirely I hate those cameras in almost every way except the image it outputs. I also completely agree that the NX1 is pretty much the perfect size/weight.

If you earn money from the NXes, the investment is just minimal, maybe for a hobbyist ia not very wise to invest (actually, I am resisting too), but as a short term investment, is not that bad (considering that the S lenses are 2 to 3 times cheaper than similar ones in other systems).

well if you get the NX1 you wont be disappointed that is for sure. I am definitely not disappointed with it.

Just as long as you know going into it that any costs sunk into NX gear is pretty much non recoverable as you will have a very hard time selling it in 2 years.

I think your best bet would then be to get the NX1 pro kit(if you can find it) then stick to used manual glass after that.

GH4 ergonomics are really far behind NX1.

IMO the ergonomics of the GH4 are better than NX1. I much prefer the location of the ISO and WB bottoms on the GH4 and Love the focus switch on the back plus the flip out screen is so handy. However the I do not miss the stupid wheel on the back that thing sucks. But ergonomics are a personal preference.

8 minutes ago, shanebrutal said:

Good luck on your search for a new nx1 my man. EBay seems to be the best bet as others have said. My gripe is the used prices are way too high in the US. I'm a nx1 16-50s lens combo owner wanting to complete a collection of the 85, 50-150 and fisheye but dang I'm really discouraged and it makes me want to bail on the nx1 haha.

Here in Vancouver atleast two london drug locations have NX1 pro kits for sale. They were on sale for $2,399 CAD last I saw