Let me share this music video shot on Micro Cinema Camera

Jonatan

I was posting the same "walking video" (clearly not a... music video :grin:) a certain PTA shot for Radiohead, but I saw in this page @kaylee posted it :)

Why a music video should stick to rules? Come on, it is 2016, we saw some millions playback videos! If someone has a nice idea and can skip the "performance video" I can only say "bravo!"

First af all the images are in the same mood of the song (which I like very much), they go hand in hand with the music.
Then the cinematography serves perfectly this kind of story. Beautiful spontaneous images!

I really love this MUSIC VIDEO (or call it as you prefer, you could call it "geppo", "sarchiapone" or google a name for it, but it remain a great MUSIC VIDEO) and I think Jonatan really made an amazing piece of art!

p.s. @Jonatan: I have more or less the same combo (Micro Cinema, Video Assist and a magic arm), but until now I had not the confidence to shoot with this camera and I'm still shooting with my trusty GH4. Of course I like the Micro's file 1000 times more then the GH4's one, but I still have more confidence with the GH4 (I'm faster on it, when I have to change shutter angle, WB etc...).

Have you some advices to use it "run and gun"? How do you deal with histogram, peaking etc?

And, last question: how did you shot the beautiful night shots? They are really awesome to my eyes! 

Thank you! :) 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 22. maj 2016 at 10:06 AM, SR said:

I quite enjoyed that. You capture mood very well.

Ignore Dbounce. He reminds me of those guys who feel the divine need to educate everyone, like those commenting on classical piano videos on Youtube screaming, "That's not how the composer intended it to be played!!!!!" 

Can I ask, how big are the 3:1 compressed raw files? Your video has me seriously considering the Micro.

Well, on a 64gb card, Prores HQ gives med 40 min and RAW 3:1 gives me 36 min.

On 24. maj 2016 at 2:36 AM, JazzBox said:

p.s. @Jonatan: I have more or less the same combo (Micro Cinema, Video Assist and a magic arm), but until now I had not the confidence to shoot with this camera and I'm still shooting with my trusty GH4. Of course I like the Micro's file 1000 times more then the GH4's one, but I still have more confidence with the GH4 (I'm faster on it, when I have to change shutter angle, WB etc...).

Have you some advices to use it "run and gun"? How do you deal with histogram, peaking etc?

And, last question: how did you shot the beautiful night shots? They are really awesome to my eyes! 

I don't really change shutter speed, I set it for 172 or 180 depending on 24/25 fps. And when i shoot raw i don't really fiddle with that either, gust go between 5400 for daylight and 3200 for artificial light. I bought the video assist because it was real cheap, but i do miss waveform and false color a lot! Buying the Gratical eye soon for that but then there's the battery issue where the setup goes more "traditional handheld" which i prefer anyway. 

Are you talking about the shots in the club? I didn't do much, exposed and pointed the camera, you know;)

3 hours ago, Jonatan said:

Well, on a 64gb card, Prores HQ gives med 40 min and RAW 3:1 gives me 36 min.

I don't really change shutter speed, I set it for 172 or 180 depending on 24/25 fps. And when i shoot raw i don't really fiddle with that either, gust go between 5400 for daylight and 3200 for artificial light. I bought the video assist because it was real cheap, but i do miss waveform and false color a lot! Buying the Gratical eye soon for that but then there's the battery issue where the setup goes more "traditional handheld" which i prefer anyway. 

Are you talking about the shots in the club? I didn't do much, exposed and pointed the camera, you know;)

Jonatan, your video is fantastic. I have worked with the pocket in the past, now I am going to buy a micro cinema camera. I've noticed that colors are a bit different. How did you grade the footage? Is it possible to get a couple of dng files from your video?

Second question: have you used any IR filter?

On 5/20/2016 at 10:12 AM, mercer said:

I liked the feel of the video and the romantic way you captured the subject, but I think it could have been nice to see the band playing in the background, as street performers, as you followed your subjects. With that being said... It still is quite beautiful and successful as is.

can i take this idea?

nice work man